Hi, looking at purchasing a mini E-REVO BL and notice that it includes a 1200mah battery. Is that like the same size battery (diminsions) as what is run in other minis or is it the standard 6 cell NIMH batteries that is used in 1/10 (EMaxx etc.)?
What run time are ou acheiving with the standard battery included in the box?
Is there any spare parts I should consider purchasing at time of getting the E-REVO?
1. Yes, it's a 1200mah, and it's about the size of a Mini Quake battery. Not a standart 6 cell. These are 2/3A, i believe.
2. I've been getting around 10-15mins off road.
3. And i don't know much about common broken parts yet.
Will a 1/10 battery fit?
1) the packs for the minis are quite a bit smaller then the emaxx size.
mini's are about 93mm x 35mm x 17mm
the emaxx is 135mm x45mm x 25
2) run time for me on 1 stock pack is 10-15 min depending on how you run it.
3) the only thing I've really seen people talking about breaking or not working well are the shocks. seems like everyone says they leak. and 3 out of 4 of mine are as well.
Is the 93mm x 35mm x 17mm the biggest the vehicles will take. Looking around now for batteries around that size. There seem to be alot of rx batteries which are 2S/8C around that size. Will 8C be enough?
those measurments are the ones I took off the stock battery that came with my revo.
I run these in parallel. they fit nice but you have to do a little enlarging of the battery box doors for the wires. two of those get me about 40-50 min run time in parallel
Last edited by cougar; 07-12-2009 at 04:08 AM.
102x35x20mm is the dimensions of the battery compartment but it would be wise to try and go 1 or 2mm smaller in each direction. Just to make removal a bit easier. Its easy to stuff them in there but later when you have to get them out of there it may turn into a pain. Also try to go for the highest C rating you can get. It can only be of benefit. 20C+ is what I would recomend.
BASH. BREAK. FIX. REPEAT. ALWAYS REPEAT.
The spare parts i would order are
1. spare body clips
2. spare A arms front and rear
3.spare turnbuckles and pushrods
4. spare bumpers
and just to make sure either spare servo gear sets or a spare servo
i am guessing getting spares in AUZ is as difficult as getting spares in the UK
I see Team Orion make a 1600mah battery for them but are only 6C, what C rating is the standard batteryOriginally Posted by BIG-block
At the moment they aren't even in Australia, will be ordering my overseas but once they are here and spare parts will be easy to get. Doesn't seem to be a problem with Traxxas, only there aluminum hop up parts are 4 times as much as what they are in USAOriginally Posted by tectic