RC Qualifier

Traxxas high current connectors vs 5.5mm bullet connectors

Hello,
    I hesitate between these 2 types of connectors to connect my lipos to the ESC. What would you recommend? Thx
    Just play.

RC Qualifier
    They are both great connectors. Bullets are obviously better more surface area but I have both and do not notice a difference.

RC Qualifier
    IMO they both are very good, but I think the bullet connectors carry more current, but the Traxxas are fine also. It's just a matter of which you like. I put bullets on my Charger to the Power supply and they hae worked great.
    ERBE+TEKIN RX8+MAXAMPS=TO TOUGH TO TAME!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I would use the traxxas connectors for 1 simple reason, you can't make the mistake of hooking the batts up backwards. I've heard of a couple of people doing that with bullet connectors. They got in a hurry plugged them into the esc backwards, and poof! Just my 2c.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by yzf128r
    I would use the traxxas connectors for 1 simple reason, you can't make the mistake of hooking the batts up backwards. I've heard of a couple of people doing that with bullet connectors. They got in a hurry plugged them into the esc backwards, and poof! Just my 2c.
    1 thing you can do is use 2 different size bullets. Worked well for me beacuse I know if I had the same size I would have ruined something by now.

RC Champion
    I plan on using the bullets, but using different coloured shrink wrap to know what is what, but the different sizes is a great suggestion aswell
    1717/XL2 EREVO

RC Qualifier
    Anyone has ever measured the difference among main connectors ?

RC Racer
    I run 6.5mm male bullets at the ESC with red and black heat shrink. My 2S lipos have traxxas connectors because I use them in other trucks while my 3s have 6mm females and I just use a jumper to run two 3s in series for 6s power. I made a traxxas series connector with 6.5mm bullets to run traxxas connector batts like my 2s in series and connects to the ESC with the 6mm bullets. Seems to work great and are more then enough to handle the current.

PLus i think bullets look cool
    If you dont like it, just change the warranty.

RC Qualifier
    Bullet connectors are good they have a secure connection too, I like the traxxas ones to it really depends on the end user which connector they want to use
    maxx 2.5r, maxx 3.3, revo 3.3 and revo .28

RC Qualifier
    To avoid the mistake with the bullet connectors you can simply plug a female connector on the + and a male connector on the - of the lipo for example. Then no way to do something wrong.

Does anybody know how much intensity (amperes) traxxas high current connector can handle? I think they handle less than bullet ones..

I'm looking for the safest and most durable connection.
    Just play.

RC Racer

If you dont like it, just change the warranty.

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=yzf128r]I would use the traxxas connectors for 1 simple reason, you can't make the mistake of hooking the batts up backwards. I've heard of a couple of people doing that with bullet connectors. They got in a hurry plugged them into the esc backwards, and poof! Just my 2c

If you ever use bullet connectors you can never hook them up backwords if you alternate example: Make the positive male and the negative female and do the opposite on the other side, then you will never hook up the wires backwards. You never ever make the postive and negative on your battery both females or males you make one a female and the other a male. Then on the esc you make the positive and negative oppisite of what's on your battery and you can never mess up!!!!
    ERBE+TEKIN RX8+MAXAMPS=TO TOUGH TO TAME!!!!