RC Competitor

Is there any 3s lipo gearing that doesn't overheat with the E-Revo VXL?

I ran my truck twice today with maxamps 3s lipos in parallel with the speed pinion. First run was in a school parking lot with lots of high speed passes and the thermal shutdown kicked in at about 20mins. Not too bad but it cut short my run. After the first run I came home and recharged the lipos. I only ran them down to 3.6volts per cell. Next off to a baseball diamond. The ground was very level and pretty moist but no standing puddles. This time I got about 10mins and the esc shutdown. I would like to get through a whole charge sooner or later! Anyone find a setup yet with 3s lipos that doesn't overheat? If this is going to be the norm I wasted a lot of money on these lipos. I wonder if 2s with the stock pinion is any better at not overheating? Anyone have any input?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy G
    I ran my truck twice today with maxamps 3s lipos in parallel with the speed pinion. First run was in a school parking lot with lots of high speed passes and the thermal shutdown kicked in at about 20mins. Not too bad but it cut short my run. After the first run I came home and recharged the lipos. I only ran them down to 3.6volts per cell. Next off to a baseball diamond. The ground was very level and pretty moist but no standing puddles. This time I got about 10mins and the esc shutdown. I would like to get through a whole charge sooner or later! Anyone find a setup yet with 3s lipos that doesn't overheat? If this is going to be the norm I wasted a lot of money on these lipos. I wonder if 2s with the stock pinion is any better at not overheating? Anyone have any input?
    2s shouldn't overheat, especially with the speed pinion. I ordered some smaller pinions and a larger spur to play around with on mine with 3s. Hopefully I can find a good gearing that will let me get to lvc

RC Racer
    Yeah, getting shut down often due to overheating. Need to cut some ventilation or duct air in the body somehow to keep the esc cooler.

RC Competitor
    Does the esc have a plug in for a fan, like the 1/10 vxl esc?

You'll have to do like the nitro's and put holes in the body.
    E-Maxx 2 VXL's
    Rustler VXL
    Revo 3.3
    E-Maxx

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ducklake
    Does the esc have a plug in for a fan, like the 1/10 vxl esc?

Yo, I've been looking for a fan that fits the ESC. Let me know if you find one and/or where the plug is.
    typing 1st amendment gets you 60% helping ppl 0%

RC Racer
    anyone desperate for a small fan can look here, or any other electronic supply
    http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=603-1129-ND

you can run a 5VDC fan plugged into a spare receiver plug, or a 12VDC fan wired up to your battery.

just a suggestion if anyone is DIY enough to try it. i personally don't have a need for a fan, but thats what i would do.

RC Racer
    Revo
    mini E-REVO red