RC Qualifier

How well is the Revo off road,,,,

Anyone running on tracks or ball fields? If so how does the Revo handle?

RC Champion
    It handles well, like a mini Revo should, but the truck is still a feather weight, so bumps, holes, and ruts will still toss it about, however the suspension still manages to soak up the majority of the rough stuff, without issue. At 30mph, plus, though, it can get a little twitchy, but nearly as twitchy as the Slash VXL!
    You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?

RC Champion
    I got to run mine on an off-road track tonight, VERY impressive. Box stock - tires, battery, setup, and it didn't take long to get a feel for it. It actually drives a lot like the fullsize E-Revo.

After the first run I went with heavier oil in the shocks and took out some of the camber on the rear. It was about 3.5 degrees out of the box and I set it to 2. Both of these changes had a postive effect on the handling, but I think heavier springs will be needed as well.

I was impressed with the stock tires. Being wide and 4wd it really held a line good. This is a holeshot track under tonight's conditions and it actually felt pretty close to my B44 tonight, which was dialed in. The short wheelbase makes jumps a bit tricky, it will nosedive pretty easy if you don't get the throttle just right on launch. It doesn't respond to adjustments in air from the throttle and brakes as well as I hoped, but then I'm comparing to a 4wd buggy with a 5.5 system.

With the right tires and a little bit of setup work these will be AMAZING on the track. The speed is just right too, using the stock battery. A single 2s lipo should be great for racing.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Racer
    Yea it handles great offroad. Took mine out wed. and fri. to an indoor hard packed clay track. Put on some crt .5 rims (tight fit) and some panther tires and ripped it. 2s lipo's are perfect for racing applications. Now we just need a center diff so we don't pull wheelies down the straight. And some stronger suspension arms, as the rear top one's seem to be a very common weak link.

RC Champion
    I have the stiffer springs and swapped out the oil in the rear shocks for 50wt , much better on the track than before .
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

RC Qualifier
    I've been thinking about getting one but I may go with a Tekin RX8 for my E-Maxx. Seeing the Revo at my lhs, it's small not to sure I'd enjoy it as much. Very nice kit though. If there was a local track I'd get one not to sure how well it would take the bashing where I run my Maxx.

RC Champion
    I went out yesterday to make a video on the track, see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbRAGuXmPZM
    Traxxas racing!

RC Qualifier
    Awesome video and great driving, most of the time . It looked fast enough with the stock battery. Looked crazy fast with the 3s. I can't decide if I want 2s or 3s. Maybe I'll just get one of each.

P.S. are you using stock pinion or the high speed pinion???
    Last edited by Carguy; 06-21-2009 at 12:30 PM.

I thought it was awesome driving. I mean come on, with the weight of this thing, and the fact that that track is designed for 1/10th scale cars and trucks, and he was driving this itty bitty thing like it was a 1/10'th, even cleared the triple!!! WTG Wrath. Do I see a local class starting under the lights maybe!!??

RC Qualifier
    The driving was fine. I also really like the fact that it's a video that isn't doing speed runs up and down some stupid street. Thank you for that Wrathchild. Nice to see someone get their off road kit in the dirt for a change. lol It doesn't look like it would take much to get it under control for racing. By the way, are you an Iron Maiden fan?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by icepick832
    I thought it was awesome driving. I mean come on, with the weight of this thing, and the fact that that track is designed for 1/10th scale cars and trucks, and he was driving this itty bitty thing like it was a 1/10'th, even cleared the triple!!! WTG Wrath. Do I see a local class starting under the lights maybe!!??
    I was thinking the same thing like what happened when the Slash showed up but this is a bit more exspensive then a slash and its a 1/16 and most guys with mini's have 1/18 scale trucks so I think the ERVXL is at a bit of an advantage with its size, well its just better then any 1/18 anyway
    If you dont like it, just change the warranty.

RC Champion
    We're working on getting a 1/16 VXL class here, I've already got a few locals interested in it! I really need to get proper tires mounted to show people that they will be every bit as good and fun as 4wd buggies for smaller track racing.

And yeah, I got the name from Iron Maiden. They were my favorite band growing up, and I still like their music.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Qualifier
    Here is s video showing the minis in a race. They show up after the truggies.....very cool.
    momomotorsports - Slash - PE Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    Great video, Thanks for posting one of the truck on a track rather than a speed run.
    (2)E-LST's(2)E-Lightning Stadium Pro2's(3)E-Revo's

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathchild
    We're working on getting a 1/16 VXL class here, I've already got a few locals interested in it! I really need to get proper tires mounted to show people that they will be every bit as good and fun as 4wd buggies for smaller track racing.

And yeah, I got the name from Iron Maiden. They were my favorite band growing up, and I still like their music.
    haha they are still my favorite. Wow we're getting old.

RC Qualifier
    I wasn't able to make it to the race, but my buddy that won it said they would walk away from a Nitro buggy on the straights.....lol. I will be posting some pics after I get some changes made.....
    momomotorsports - Slash - PE Slash 4x4