hat off for traxxas WONDERFULLY boxes..

CD and oil..

Stampede 4x4 4s | Stampede 4x4 1/12

RC Qualifier
    Let us know GERmarcus when stuff arrives

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by GERMarcus
    The DX3S is pretty cool. Comes with a second rx...
    Telemetry works well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsuLhFO6sII
    Vid of some German RC Drivers make an range test

But if you using an little Fan with a high RPM Frequency, there can be some problems. If you need a fan, take a bigger one (about 40-50mm dia). They have an lower RPM freuquency ...

But overall i would go for it again! Nice radio!

Y r ur hex hubs silver?
    I have the DX3S and mine couldn't go that far. The vid shows the car being on the upper levels of the building which allows it to have better reception, however when you're on flat level ground you can't go that far.

RC poster
    Hey Tom.
    Tell us which Diff Oil Setup u will race and how u like it.
    I think i get my stuff next week. Cant wait for the Lipos and the Center Diff...

M.

RC Qualifier
    1/16 E-Revos racing in the backyard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ0IXjOs2Fk
    -O|||||||O-

RC Qualifier
    Hey Thomas, were these the Kyosho Lazer wheels in this pic? Just making sure, because I'm wanting something available with skinnier fronts and wider rears, and something without a huge offset, I think the super wide stance that everyone(including me at first) loves for stability is killing the steering on the track.

1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Qualifier
    Ofna wheels and Goose Bumps

-O|||||||O-

RC poster
    Hey Cirkus. I mounted the Goose Bumps on the Ofna Dishs, too.
    (See previous side in this thread)
    But im not happy with them. The Hex Hubs of the Mini Revo are about 1mm too thin. I must shim this with an washer. When you tighten the wheels without that, they will grinding on the Axle Carriers.
    Same on yours right?

Have anybody tried to extend the Axles? When we have longer Axles we can mount bigger Hex Hubs, without loosing the Axle thread.

M.

RC Qualifier
    Im running 30K front/rear, have not mounted my CD yet. on the astro track i think it is ok

My rims in the pics above are 4wd front rims (lazer) and rear dito. But i normaly use Rears all around, the "newer" version (flat outside) can be located @ amian, but only in White

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GERMarcus
    Hey Cirkus. I mounted the Goose Bumps on the Ofna Dishs, too.
    (See previous side in this thread)
    But im not happy with them. The Hex Hubs of the Mini Revo are about 1mm too thin. I must shim this with an washer. When you tighten the wheels without that, they will grinding on the Axle Carriers.
    Same on yours right?

Have anybody tried to extend the Axles? When we have longer Axles we can mount bigger Hex Hubs, without loosing the Axle thread.

M.
    No, I am running the HR aluminum hubs and there is no rubbing. I haven't tried mounting them on stock hubs.

Last edited by Cirkus; 08-16-2009 at 03:17 AM.
    -O|||||||O-

RC Qualifier
    The HR hubs are diff designed, thats why they fit perfect il be ordering them now =) to see.

RC Qualifier
    Mounted my CD today..no testing yet...

RC Qualifier
    Looking good thomas, let us know how it works later on.

RC Qualifier
    Thomas let us know how that 50k works out. Out the box I filled it with 100k and I feel like I need something even heavier since it diffs out too easily
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    I did 100k and thought it was way too heavy, wouldn't diff out at all. I then did a weird mix of a little 100k that was left on the spiders, some 50k, and a little 70wt shock oil to thin it, probably around 40-50k. Overall I was pretty dissapointed with the quality, the front and rear diffs with their metal casings are so smooth, but the CD felt rough, especially if you tightened it to any force, I honestly thought the $23 asking price was a joke, for something that should have been included from the start. It really doesn't seem to ahve made much of a difference on the track, still wheelies, didn't improve handling, maybe I need something lighter for the type of track I run on(Blue Groove).
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by xtraman122
    especially if you tightened it to any force

Same for me, i can "feel" the teeth from the bevels...hope it do not leak..time will tell, see if i have any time left this week

RC Qualifier
    That's exactly what I noticed, each little tooth going by, it took me like 5 tries of taking it apart and putting it back together and tightening evenly to not get any rough spots, but it still didn't feel nearly as smooth as the front and rear ones do.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Racer
    Yeah i had problems tightening the center diff case halves when new. The 3 screws would not tighten and grab on to the plastic case. I wish Traxxas would sell the parts separately like the F&R diffs.

Today I took it apart and noticed the 100k oil leaked out because the gasket tore on one end. Had to refill it and used RTV sealant(that was a challenge by itself) as a replacement gasket. I hope it holds up.

Oh and one more thing, center diff + beadlocks= blown front tire. The darn front tires would balloon so much and then "kapow." LOL.

But sure helps with the wheelies though.

RC Enthusiast
    I put 50K in the differential, and it went back together with little effort. I took it out for a rip, and I can definately wheely off the line, but once going, I'm not getting the rolling wheelies and believe that off the line it is quicker as I do not need to feather the throttle much like before to stop the wheely/flips. For me, although I do not race, makes things much more controllable. I will note that I added 50K to the front and rear differentials, and do not believe there is a gasket, as it came out the bottom. Sorta sad about that.

RC Racer
    Just picked up a pair of the HR alumin hubs to try out.

What are you guys using to keep that red pillow ball screw cap other than Loctite ? CA? Where do you apply the CA?

The Loctite is not enough to hold it in place?

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDOOD
    Just picked up a pair of the HR alumin hubs to try out.

What are you guys using to keep that red pillow ball screw cap other than Loctite ? CA? Where do you apply the CA?

The Loctite is not enough to hold it in place?

Thanks
    Some people have had luck with CA (super glue) or Loctite. I used 5-minute epoxy. Just a dab around the threads as I assembled them. Don't get anything down where the plastic insert is. Screw in the cap until it bottoms on the pivot ball, then back off just enough so that it moves freely, but there isn't slop. Then don't touch anything until its set.
    -O|||||||O-

RC Qualifier

Edit: is it just me or does the picture not work?

Done so far:

Alu shock retrainers.

Alu shock bodys.

Alu preloaders.

Alu rockers "low profile" front with bushnings,
    stock rear with ballbearings.

Tan springs rear with twice as much preload compared to front.

Green springs front.

60wt oil front and rear.

Swaybar in the front, thanks to Thomas P!

Adjustable link between servo and servosaver.

Modded battery doors to accept bigger wires and modded to always be sure that the battery door stays closed.

"Slayden style" modded steering to get maximum steering width.

"Sealed" the diffs to stop dirt from killing them.

Hitec hs85 mg water "proofed" for better durability.

Sealed wheels with "water get away" holes in tires to keep sand and dirt out from the foams.

Zip tied down front until i have adjustable pushrods ( both zip tieing down and using different length of push rods will affect the progresive dampning rate, but i think itīs better to have shorter pushrods than zip tie it down, not only becuase it looks better, i think it will change the progresive rate less also.

I have also added two fans and mounted my paralell adapter to the rear body post mount to save the cables from the esc.

Iīm running Hyperion G3 1600mah CX 2s lipos and itīs a living dream, the 12minutes charges is....just amazing. I love this truck.

To come: All ball bearing in the steering and rockers front, alu steering knuckles to get rid of all the slope. Adjustable pushrods, and I would like to have the whole steering assembly in alu, hello aftermarket parts where are you?, maybe a 2.4ghz system and i think I will order ofna dishwheels and goosebumps tonight. Thank you traxxas for all the happines you are giving me

Edited for language abuse.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-19-2009 at 05:21 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Still no testing for me...maybe this weekend?..have 4 new cars on my desk, Revo have ..no 5 wait a while.

RC Qualifier
    4 new?:O holy cow, do you own a hobby shop?

RC Racer
    i didnt even think i liked the mini revo...until now
    HCM racing class 5 class 10
    TRAXXAS SLASH 2WD

RC Racer
    Im seeing some cool heatsinks on your motors where can I get one for my truck?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Manne
    4 new?:O holy cow, do you own a hobby shop?
    Not Revos, other brands

Well i have to say, the Revo is outstanding for fun, and durability!!

RC Qualifier
    aah I see, well i think you should get some "revo time" and let the rest rest. yes it is. I have been running 10hours+ with only users fault diff problems, nothing else damaged, and i have lanched 10+ meters long and 6 meters high jumps in my ramp. I am SO AMAZED. I saw today that i have a cracked "regular revo vise" a-arm but that doesnīt affect the driving at all. iīm still waiting for the "broken chassis" problem... never know when it will come...

RC Qualifier
    Update.... one pack on real gripy tarmack...50k CD is to heavy..arunt 35-45 will be better...first 5 min it was a WOD car...booooring...later, with a little drop on voltage, but "softer oil" ? (cuz hard trottle?) it was bettter...the car felt real good, a CD is a must for the Racer i think. i will have a few more packs this season (outdoor) then i will be rebuildning it for indoor season

RC Qualifier
    I also thought the same, with 50K still allowing wheelies, but with 50k or lighter I noticed the fronts balloon way too much. 100K seems alright to me, althought it pretty muich drives like it doesnt have one with it.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Qualifier
    thomas p what kind of servo horn do you have on your servo? you have the ko one right? i have it coming in soon and dont know if the stock one will work.
    what was that? what was what..oh that. thats mine.

RC poster
    here is my race set up
    kyosho rims with hole shot tires. all 4 fronts.
    5/7/2 dif oils
    70 wt associated ahock oil with one hole pistons
    tie raps on suspension to limit too much up travel
    arms leval .
    19 t pinion ( i thnk)
    everything else stock.

gonna try it tomorrow night ( if it doesnt frickin rain AGAIN)

RC Qualifier
    zrau17 īthe stock horn will fit like a glove

(SOld my car, im no longer a owner of this truck, but il be trying to help so many i can)

RC Qualifier
    YOU SOLD THAT THING? WHY? and thank you lol
    what was that? what was what..oh that. thats mine.

RC Racer
    @Thomas P - Why in the world did you sell it?

@auto2 - Where are you from, cause over here on the west coast we're needing rain, BAD!! Our water supply hit the yellow zone. And I've been dying to drive the merv in the water.

RC Qualifier
    Oh the world makes me sad, no one should sell their baby thomas buy it back. wasnīt you satisfied with the truck or why did you sell it?

RC Qualifier
    Zrau17,AzNsinister and Manne.

i have tested it, run it, tuned it, and it was fun. But thats it. It is the most usable car of minis today of al time if you ask me, but somehove there is a little to much racer in me, and now mather how much you tune it ,some things cant be changed, the CG it affects the car on real hig grip tracks.

If i know my self il be buying a new one for the winter ..Maybe a slash insted...

RC Qualifier

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Racer
    That was some incredible driving! You should put that in the vid thread.(I didn't see it there... never mind if you did it)
    That was a fine job of driving your Revo. It looked like it was a slot card it was driven so well.
    BL Revo, eRevo, MERV x 3 and still counting.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234