Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Billy im using "industrial tubethread" im in "plumbing/sprinkler" im using this Loctite its good..
    Stampede 4x4 4s | Stampede 4x4 1/12

RC Competitor
    well very good Thomas.. please let us know how it works for you..

RC Racer
    You can drill and tap a hole from the side. Use 4-40 set-screw to lock the red caps in place. This is what we did with T-Maxx's back in the day,that had the same problem.
    1/16 Revo/Slash 4x4/Revo 2.0
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Racer
    I have these HR Hubs too. I used black Bob Smith Ind. CA glue. I don't trust loc tite on those grub screws. So far so good. Ran 3, 2s lipo's which was about an hour runtime on the track. Nothing came loose. Still no slop...BUT I left the front's a little loose so I wouldn't kill the stock servo. Not as loose as the stock hubs though. HR should've used some nylon locking grubs to make things easier. But they work nonetheless. Hope that loc tite holds for ya Thomas.

RC Competitor
    Question, just remembered... Thomas , Bonesaw - did you guys notice the predrilled little holes in these knuckles (next to where the grubs go in)? ? are they possibly already drilled for a set screw? I can see these little holes even in Thomas' pics he posted.. Yet the knouckles came w/ no set screw? what are these little holes for?

RC Racer
    Those hole are not close anuff to be for set-screws.They maybe for oiling or cleaning.
    1/16 Revo/Slash 4x4/Revo 2.0
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Competitor
    Nasty- thats kind of what i was thinking about the holes are far away from the grubs.. They are threaded... so i am not sure what they are supposed to be used for..

RC Qualifier
    Il be putting in a small amount of CA-glue

I have the same but Upgradekit for the shocks...not sure about those.. The cap feels ok, but there is slop, it have attached orings to get less slop, but it is a real pain in the XX to get those in place so i skipém and use plastic, BUT,BUT the alu shockcollars are a DREAM, like the trinity ones for Losi XX shocks..they are a must, the hole kit is worth just to get those

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billysnarf
    Nasty- thats kind of what i was thinking about the holes are far away from the grubs.. They are threaded... so i am not sure what they are supposed to be used for..
    i think i know, they can sure be used as "set" screw holes, when...i think it can be thight threaded and when you mount a screw, it WILL expand the alu a 1000 of a mm and will hold the red one in place ? i have seen a soloution like this on other stuf, non rc ralated

RC Competitor
    question is what size screw? if the expansion theory does not work,, may be able to put a washer under a screw head and maybe the edge of the washer would overlap the edge of the grub and hold it in??

RC Qualifier
    Yes..i have no idea, but it could be a soloution

RC Competitor
    How about a thin layer of "shoe goo" over the red grub screws to stop them from falling out. Is there enough room for this?

RC Competitor
    its possible.. i dont have much experience with that stuff. . maybe enough room for a small ring of it around the top of the grub..

RC Qualifier
    Im off soon to the track for some small testing. 1000w and 2 hole was little to much springy, and 2000 im not sure on...12-1500 would be nice. So im back to 70w rear single hole, front 50w AE single hole, and it feels ok. maybe 80 rear would be better... my dream would be the Tapered piston like GHEA have for AE FT drivers and Losi etc...i tried those in my 1/10th buggy and it was so big improvment i didnot think it was true..like a whole new car

RC Competitor
    Nice thread Thomas P. I cant tell how much of a releif it is to see a useful thread like yours. Great looking Revo and you've got some great information in there. Thank you.
    Mambafied Slash with 2S 5000 Lipo.

RC poster
    Now i got my Mini Revo and some nice parts, too.
    After reading the Thread with the Titan Tunrbuckles and Pushrods from ThomasP i bought them, too. After installing ball bearings in the rockers and servosafer (stock there are plastic washers!), i mount the Goose Bumps on CRT .5 Rims. Works really well on the mini. I also remove the Radio Box "Cover" its too fiddly... Next i go for the HR Knuckles (the Stock slop is really sick) and the Center Diff and maybe longer Axle Stubs...
    Overall the Mini Revo drive with a good setup like an real Truggy!
    Here are some Pics of ma little "Catshock"

http://www.abload.de/img/100_2393dkny.jpg
    http://www.abload.de/img/100_2394s8ml.jpg
    http://www.abload.de/img/100_2396uvzb.jpg
    http://www.abload.de/img/100_2397mvxx.jpg
    http://www.abload.de/img/100_2401cvrv.jpg

Edited for image size. Please keep all images at or below 640 x 480 pixels. -cooleo
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-08-2009 at 07:07 PM.

RC Qualifier
    It doesn't look that thing has ever been driven. Why still the green springs after all those other big upgrades? And I thought the verdict on the adjustable pushrods was that they messed with the geometry of the suspension so it was better to just use limiters on the shaft.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC poster
    Hey xtraman.
    The Revo looks undriven cuz he just arrived yesterday. Actually i would drive on the backjard track today, but its raining...
    I still have the stock springs, because they wasnt available.
    And the German Dealer still have no Replacement or Tuning Parts for the Mini´s. And to order in USA or or other non-European Countries for 4 Springs is too expensive in shipping
    Wait and see...

RC Qualifier
    Alright, I was thinking you were someone else, because they had pics up about a week ago, they had the same body color and wheel/tire combo, that's why I was wondering why it looked underdriven.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Qualifier
    Marcus, a one MEAN looking Revo...love the T-buckles for toein adjustment!! Looking REAL nice!!!

Team JCJ, thank you, glad this thread can be helpfull

RC poster
    You r my inspiration, Thomas!

RC Qualifier
    First run with my new Axlecarriers from HotRacing...CA-Glue is a must...besides this they perform real good!!. i was playing with a lot of different setups.. i think i had app 3-4h running on a 12h day real GOOD!!!

2 holepistons and 1000-2000 oils and stil springy (1000 rear, 2000 no good) skiped that and,
    vent back to 1 hole pistons. I crossed my fingers that i would not pop my endcaps on the shocks (big pressure with singlehole).. i tried: 60,70,80 but i was stuck on 100w rear..and in front i tested 50,60,70 and here i was prety pleased with 80w OFNA. Tires...car...this truck have not high CG but REAL HIGH!! CG...and with 4mm limiters there aint so much of compression on the shocks, so the 100w single and 80w front was the best for the moment. Erlier i have tried some holeshot but they are REAL gripy, so Losis Taper pins...and im running 4wd front tires on Kyosho rear rims front, and stock Taper (rear) on rear rims ...the grip was REAL high, but less sterring, LESS TC...still TC, biut what a diference..no i could push the truck a lot more then erlier...sad about shocks...the heat , it was SICK warm this day...even with this oil it was little springy...im on 30k Xray oils in my diffs and working good. I have ABUSED this truck to SEE when or what will break...nothing yet, and i can tell you, i have not been kind...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...DSC_0001-5.jpg
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...DSC_0002-5.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...DSC_0006-4.jpg
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...DSC_0011-1.jpg

I have done a lot of hours with my truck now and diffs still looking good.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...6/DSC_0073.jpg
    Any Q, ask here

Not sure but i have a LOT of hours in my car, diffs looking real good.

Edited for image size. Please keep all images at or below 640 x 480 pixels. -cooleo
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-08-2009 at 07:08 PM.

RC poster
    Still the Kyosho Lazer Wheels?
    Which Hex Hubs are these?
    Do you drive the Stock Axles?
    Y you mount the stock moulded plastic Toe Links and not the AE Titans?
    M.

RC Qualifier
    Still Kyosho lazer
    Stock plastic
    Stock axel...rock solid
    Had not enough time yet...will be here soon

/Tp

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by billysnarf
    Question, just remembered... Thomas , Bonesaw - did you guys notice the predrilled little holes in these knuckles (next to where the grubs go in)? ? are they possibly already drilled for a set screw? I can see these little holes even in Thomas' pics he posted.. Yet the knouckles came w/ no set screw? what are these little holes for?

Was told from HR that those holes were used to cool the part off with water after they were made.

RC Qualifier
    M, are you happy with ya radio?,planing to get a DX3 not sure yet R or S

RC poster
    The DX3S is pretty cool. Comes with a second rx...
    Telemetry works well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsuLhFO6sII
    Vid of some German RC Drivers make an range test

But if you using an little Fan with a high RPM Frequency, there can be some problems. If you need a fan, take a bigger one (about 40-50mm dia). They have an lower RPM freuquency ...

But overall i would go for it again! Nice radio!

Y r ur hex hubs silver?

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the reports Thomas! Sorry the shocks are not working 100% for you. Maybe an aftermarket company willl come up with a complete set of new shocks for us. I agree that the center of gravity o these things is WAY too high. A couple of the posters here have already mounted their receivers and ESC's in the battery box and this will help to lower it significantly. Not sure if your MM ESC will fit though. The stock motor is too heavy as well and all that weight sits too high. Keep up the testing please as alot of here are using your setups.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks M, i think il be gertting a S verison MLST hex 12mm...no do not buyém...i dismounted mine and get back to stock.

Morati: Im back to stock ESC; i have a new MM here, but i think il be using my stocker for a while, il be placing mine under, lite the other guys..i think the vendetta touring shocks fits...but im not sure..stil small...bigbore would be nice :P

RC poster
    They should release some big bores, with alloy caps. All Traxxas vehicles seem to be plagued by popping shock caps.

Thomas, if I go racing next week and bring the Revo I can compare it's shocks to one of the local's Vendetta Touring car ones. Right now it is clean up to the rear diff. Then it is caked in mud, haven't got that far yet

RC Qualifier
    Perfect hide, let us know when ya have looked in to it

RC poster
    Yesterday i hide the ESC and the RX in den right battery box.
    Drives much better with a lower center...

What you mean with CA-Glue? Threadlocker?

RC Qualifier
    CA is short for Cyanaclorate, pretty much super glue or tire glue.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas P
    Update on the Sensorbased installation

I mounted my Novak 13.5T motor with my TW RB-50 esc. I tried 16T pinion and went out for a small test....speed wasnt so much that i wanted,acc quit good. i run a full apck 100% full trottel + brake... app 60 celsius on the motor, ex 32

Home, installed a 19T pinion, and there i am now, see if i can test it, it feels a lot better, but the weather have change to small rain, il be back

what type of Novak Motor is it and how do you like it so far?

RC Qualifier
    You must have missed this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas P
    Update number 2. I put on the 19T pinion, and the speed aint there, but the heat is coming...sad to say, but this motor may fit the slash but not the revo, not for me anyway. I wouldnt recomend it for a Revo owner that want little speed and torque . With the right pinion we have speed but we will have BBQ in no time...a longcan sensor motor would be my dream...back to the stock motor, that one delivered power enough for me.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by xtraman122
    You must have missed this:
    I did thanks man

RC Competitor
    Hey Thomas, Quick question.. where would I be able to find that servo you put in... on page one of your thread? I looked at a few places and can't seem to find it

RC poster
    http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-ser...1-p-28570.html
    Not the cheapest...

Edit: http://*********.com/*********/store...idProduct=4697
    Sounds good. I think i buy one for my mini.
    Last edited by GERMarcus; 08-12-2009 at 04:19 AM.

RC Qualifier
    That one on Hobby King has pretty good specs, it is plastic geared, but if it holds up that's a good deal.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC poster
    Ordered one beside 4x 2s 2200mAh ********* and 2x 3s Rhino 1550mAh Rhino´s and a 200W Charger.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast