Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Champion
    ok well i wil talk to adam when the time comes, i want to get this thing going the fastest i can but after i get my numbers i want to go back to being a basher.
    that dm1 your talking about is that the on road that you had burning ot every time you touched the throtle? if so then i seen it and its crazy...

ya i run a wing already...kinda sounds like my dog when he gets going full speed, his end starts passing up the front of him
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 06-16-2009 at 08:41 AM.
    As of 4-1-10 im back in the rc scene

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BROK3N
    i will look into the slayer tranny and see what i find... will i be able to do the simple pin mod to that tranny, and will it help me at all?

you should be able to. its a revo trans with different gearing so the shafts should be the same.. in theory

also, would you guyes think it would be better to shave some weight off this thing? you know, get rid of the junk i dont need to run for topspeed?

I dont know if i would take too much off. at those speeds you may want some weight to help keep the thing on the ground.
    2010 www.montecarloss.co.nr

RC Champion
    or i can just throw some wings on it and let it take off. when i get up to 60mph just hit the flap things up and off i go..no im just kidding...

RC Qualifier
    When are you going to run it.
    Please don't give me more points. I didn't mean it

RC Champion
    well im still waiting on my pipe, CB, clutch shoes, flywheel. to get here in the mail. then the truck will be runable...im also picking up a 20t CB and picking up the slayer tranny, but i dont need those to run.. then i need to wait untill wednesday to buy the bump box off jusleanit..(payday) and then i still need to pick up some fuel also.. so if jusleanit sends out as fast as he can then i would say by next monday or so, maybe earlier

RC Champion
    If you plan on putting more than 2 gallons on this motor, I would recommend a M2C 2 or 3 shoe clutch. Once you get over 2 gallons on the motor and become trigger happy The stocker wont last a tank. I have over to 4 gallon on my 26 drag mod and no stocker will last a half tank. So I got a M2C 2 and 3 shoe(just to be safe) no issues other than I have to adjust my slipper to slip more than I'd like. Keep the stock drive shafts(cvd axles are fine), and pay attention to your tires. If you have tires that grip, ease off the slipper a bit. If they spin then dont worry about it(badlands will destroy any and all drivetain parts with big power .) Higher gearing is easier on the drivetrain, to me. It seems to have less shock on the drivetrain than lower gearing(especially in the grass). I use heavy diff fluid because the lighter fluid seems to "shock" the drivetrain ( I run 50k in the front and rear for an almost full-time 4WD). Keeping the wheels with even power helps the diffs a bunch. Anything else PM me.
    Go Patriots!

RC Racer
    Awesome setup, love way overpowered revo's. Just to be clear, this isn't a replacement for the .26 red dot is it? Those have been very hard to find lately and are on backorder everywhere, thought maybe they stepped it to a .28 red dot as a replacement.

I'm using the new era mount with my .26 red dot and have problems with any gearing over 16/36, the mesh is just too tight. I've got the tranny shimmed and moved forward, and the motor mount and case milled. Does the traxxas BB mount give more room for more gearing?

RC Champion
    well the traxxas mount mover the motor to the back of the truck a little more.. aloowing there to be enough room for the longer crank

i dont think they plan on gtting rid of the .26. the would be crazy to do such a thing with how those things are so much out of stock..

i was using the ofna mount with my 17/36 and i still had room to play with no shimming. and i know the new era mount is more adjustable so there has to be something going on with your mout, or i would say your chassis is bent.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotko
    Awesome setup, love way overpowered revo's. Just to be clear, this isn't a replacement for the .26 red dot is it? Those have been very hard to find lately and are on backorder everywhere, thought maybe they stepped it to a .28 red dot as a replacement.

I'm using the new era mount with my .26 red dot and have problems with any gearing over 16/36, the mesh is just too tight. I've got the tranny shimmed and moved forward, and the motor mount and case milled. Does the traxxas BB mount give more room for more gearing?

take the engine off the truck with the mount still attached and look inside the mounting hole that goes horizontally. The one that alows adjustability. With mine, i realized that i had too long of a motor mount screw through the block of the engine causing it to interfere. Also, this is not going to be a replacement of the .26. this is a bump start engine probably ment for a buggy or a truggy. Just because it is a red dot, does not mean it is a souped up drop in. they actually have a .12 red dot also.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotko
    . Just to be clear, this isn't a replacement for the .26 red dot is it?
    Its just a Jeffrey Lin Tuned edition of the P3 .28. Not meant to replace the 26 Reddot but to compliment the Reddot line. The 26. Reddot is the Jeffrey Lin Edition of the Picco 26. maxx
    Go Patriots!

RC Champion
    no updates for you guyes yet, still waiting on parts to get here. im also going to put in an order for some foam wheels,,,and im thinking about doing the vantage chassis, not sure yet if im going to. also going to pick up the slayer tranny and do a couple mods to that..

RC Champion
    Now that i have had the chance to be arround a vantage chassis i am going to say that they are fairly well made. they feel as strong if not stronger than the aluminum chassis. I would say if you have the money and it is burning a hole in your pocket, go for it. I wouldnt recomend using the V-armor if you do get it tho because you will be back close to the stock weight

RC Champion
    well there was revo roller on ebay that i lost today, i was going to take all this and jst sell a stock revo roller with my spare parts.. here is the ebay auction...it had the chassis and the wheels and a couple other parts i wanted, and i figured i would make one good ot of 2 and sell the other..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190313844765

RC Champion
    i really dont have the extra cash for it to burn the whole so im thinking i just might wait a while for it.. i really dont need it to run this and thats all im trying to do for now, maybe i will just wait for the winter to rebuild and do that chassis

RC Racer
    Did you have to move the trans forward or anything like that to get it to line up?

RC Champion
    nope nothing to the tranny

RC Champion
    well i just got my order form tower today nd i have to say i will never be ordering from them again. most of the time i stick with my lhs and ebay but i thought i would try tower for a change...

well i ordered the 18t CB and a 3 shoe clutch and the bearings for the CB

the only thing they got right is the HPI part of it..

i got a 18t CB but its for something else and it has this weird bearing for it, kinda looks like the bearings inside our OWB with a plastic housing. (i didnt even get the bearing i ordered)then i ordered the 3 shoe carbon clutch and instead of that, i got a 2 shoe with the springs in another package.. every part says its for the nitro RS4....even the order form i got with the parts says all the right parts so i dont know how i got all this junk...i called them up and told them everything and they said to send the parts back and they will send me the right ones, and i said "i will send them back, but your sending me my money back...and told them i would never buy from you again" for such a popular site, you think they wouldnt let this happen, but it seem as the guy working was getting lazy and just tried to find something that would work..

i called my local hobby shop and they said they have everything i need so im going there... they also said they have every size CB so if i chnge my mind from the 18...

RC Champion
    so i got my pipe today and fitted it, couple things i had to do was cut the rollbar and grind down the aluminum mount thats bolted to the crank case and holds the throtle linkage arm, i also had to chop up my new body to make it fit but whatever right...

also im looking for a way to hold the end of the exhaust to the chassis, is there any kind of thing that i can slide the hanger into so i can just hold the hanger in with a grub screw? let me know and give me a link if you can..

here are the pictures

RC Champion
    also im thinking about cutting the header in half and throwing a peice of silicone tube in there just so i can get better clearence out of it, what do you think, should i do it?

RC Racer
    That's unfortunate that you got bad service from tower. I've had nothing but the best from them. I am in South Korea right now and it's normally around 6-8 days from the day I order it that I get it, and I have never not gotten a part I was expecting or gotten one I wasn't. I only had one order that got delayed for about a week and a half, but I think that was due to heavy mail traffic (Easter time). But, by all means, I agree with supporting the LHS.
    Go Big or Go Home.

RC Enthusiast
    sorry i can't answer any of you questions but your setup is VERY nice!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by gckless
    That's unfortunate that you got bad service from tower. I've had nothing but the best from them. I am in South Korea right now and it's normally around 6-8 days from the day I order it that I get it, and I have never not gotten a part I was expecting or gotten one I wasn't. I only had one order that got delayed for about a week and a half, but I think that was due to heavy mail traffic (Easter time). But, by all means, I agree with supporting the LHS.

well i ended up calling them back and saying just to send me the right ones and they agreed to send them out today with a return lable so i can send back the other stuff.. so i guess no big deal. there costomer service is good i can say.

RC Champion
    thanks steve.

everyone, i have another setback, i just bought a revo roller for dirt cheep, and it has a carbon fiber chassis, so i will be tearing down and build one out of the 2, then im going to build up another roller with the spare parts and sell it, (this way i would have gotten the roller for free)

RC Qualifier
    very clean ride dude
    FEEDBACK
    +12/-0
    AND GROWING EVERYDAY=)

RC Champion

RC Enthusiast
    the second or third link look to fit your setup better. you could possibly mount it in the same hole as your throttle servo mount with a longer screw.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFox
    the second or third link look to fit your setup better. you could possibly mount it in the same hole as your throttle servo mount with a longer screw.

i just got the 3rd one off ebay, and yes thats what i was thinking also. im just worried that if i take a nice enought blow to the pipe, that i will be yaing for it with the carbon chassis

RC Qualifier
    thats lookin mean! If you don't need the stock chassis you could cut it up for braces.

carbon fiber 3.3 o.s..18tz

RC Champion
    I was wondering if you can get that engine with a back plate that will accept either the Traxxas Ez-Start or a Roto starter set up?
    Revo Picco 26
    T Maxx3.3
    Jato3.3
    RC10GT
    XXX-NT

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    I was wondering if you can get that engine with a back plate that will accept either the Traxxas Ez-Start or a Roto starter set up?

nope, you can only get this in a bump start, if i could get a pull then i would ave to save me the cash on having to spend money on the box, this is a TURBO motor and those usually come in only bump start

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BAN-ONE
    thats lookin mean! If you don't need the stock chassis you could cut it up for braces.

thats a great idea, i never even considered that.. looks like i know what im doing now

RC Champion

also im looking for a way to hold the end of the exhaust to the chassis, is there any kind of thing that i can slide the hanger into so i can just hold the hanger in with a grub screw? let me know and give me a link if you can..
    I used the stock rear header hanger. I bent it to my liking and used the grub screw, that came with my pipe. It connects to the forward outer servo mount screw, on the bottom.
    Last edited by JLRevo; 06-17-2009 at 12:51 PM.
    Go Patriots!

RC Champion
    I just used a coat hanger. Make sure to loc tite the grub screw. I have lost about 4 already. Now i use something from the throttle linkage collet that I drilled out.

sig edited for content

RC Champion
    thanks you guyes, i had the same setup on my 26 red dot and 053 pipe but it seemed to bend and move around from time to time, i wanna have this pipe locked down tight, but its all good because i already ordered that part

RC Champion
    also im thinking about cutting the header in half and throwing a peice of silicone tube in there just so i can get better clearence out of it, what do you think, should i do it?
    Just buy a longer header. Your header is just too short. I use the Novarossi header, which gives perfect clearing.
    Go Patriots!

RC Champion
    That new pipe hanger hole will come with a 3mm tapped hole and the screw in the servo mount is 4mm. You will have to either run a long 3mm screw thru the hole and make it tight or drill and retapp the pipe hanger. Just thought I would mention that. Its looking good.
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pntmachine
    That new pipe hanger hole will come with a 3mm tapped hole and the screw in the servo mount is 4mm. You will have to either run a long 3mm screw thru the hole and make it tight or drill and retapp the pipe hanger. Just thought I would mention that. Its looking good.

thanks for that information, i didnt know that...i will prob retap it to fit, or just drill a holl in the chassis and stick it there. we will see, im not sure yet.

RC Champion
    well i figure i would bring this thread back and show you where i am at.. still waiting on a few things to pickup, bt as you know the fnding is still low..got the carbon chassis, 34t spur, my new wheels for the speed testing, and my newer pushrods on it.. let me know what you think..

RC Qualifier
    great looking truck!!! is the engine modified? what treatment will you use for the foams?
    I say what 99% of you are thinking!

RC Champion
    the engine is not modified, and i honestly didnt know nothing about treatment and so on...what does it mean, what do i have to do?