Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    This thread needs to be a sticky.......don't you think!!!??? Stick it, everyone will be coming back for more each time out!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude
    What suspension setup do you have on that thing?

LT rockers, 50w oil in front and rear, summit double orange springs in front and rear, push rods mounted in the middle hole
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxprogt
    LT rockers, 50w oil in front and rear, summit double orange springs in front and rear, push rods mounted in the middle hole
    how does it run with these tires? Any issues? Any stress in the motor?

RC Champion
    Last edited by djbis; 08-25-2010 at 05:35 AM.
    Faster Higher Longer Harder
    youtube.com/BisMaxx

RC poster
    Has anyone else had serious issue while trying to balance Pro-line Road Rage series 40? I don’t I can fit enough putty inside the wheel to balance mine. I am running them on Axial bead locks and they are terrible. Just to get them close I had to use 3 or 4 quarters in each. I know this isn’t going to be a permanent solution but I am not sure what else to try

RC Competitor
    has anyone tried to make the badlands lpr's with the rpm revolvers? all the photos i see are regular mounted, but i would like to make my combo lpr like i did with the rulux. thanks guys

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by blkchevy
    how does it run with these tires? Any issues? Any stress in the motor?
    since iv geared down,i have not had any issues with the motor over heating. with the trucks higher stance, its more prone to roll over and it wheelies like crazzy. but that stuff dont bother me as much as the ballooning dose. if i had the chance to tape them, i would have
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Qualifier
    My E-Revo Brushless I have not run these wheels on it got them for my simmit but they look good.

No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxprogt
    since iv geared down,i have not had any issues with the motor over heating. with the trucks higher stance, its more prone to roll over and it wheelies like crazzy. but that stuff dont bother me as much as the ballooning dose. if i had the chance to tape them, i would have
    thanx...what gearing u running...?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by djbis
    Do have any issues running these nice big tires? Motor overheating? What gearing u running....and battieres? I been wanting to get them...but what to make sure they don't backfire..

RC Racer
    Do have any issues running these nice big tires? Motor overheating? What gearing u running....and battieres? I been wanting to get them...but what to make sure they don't backfire..
    I have a set of them. they run fine on 2s lipos with 22/58. bashing is fine, speed runs back and forth across the golf course can get the temps up a bit!

The compound is fairly stiff so they last a long time. I will say they don't get as good of a bite on grass or hard dirt as you would think. Still good big tires/wheels to give you a bit more of ground clearance.

RC Champion
    I loved racing with Panther Pythons on Traxxas dish wheels with Racers Edge two stage foam inserts. The Pythons were worn so I unglued them with acetone to reuse the dish wheels and the inserts. I bought some Panther Plow boys thinking they had the same bead as the Pythons. They have a square bead that didn't fit the Traxxas dish wheels. I was disappointed so this is what I did to make them fit on the wheels. I just cut off the square bead.

I have 9 or 10 runs on these tires. They work pretty darn good. Good traction on a lot of surfaces and they don't seem to wear too fast.

If you do this, don't discard the square beads that were cut off, keep them they are good and thick elastics that you can use to hold the side of tires on the wheels to glue them.

Lastly, I cleaned my tires with water and dish soap before taping and gluing them. I tossed them in the dryer to dry them in a hurry. I found that Gorilla Tape sticks like crazy on hot tires with almost no wrinkles. When you tape your tires, heat them up first. Give it a try.
    Last edited by mistercrash; 09-06-2010 at 09:35 AM.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Champion
    They are big and heavy. I love the truck's stance and look with them on. They truly are a great all-terrain tire. I have run them on grass, asphalt, sand, etc, all with the purpose of bashing the crap out of this truck. They have taken a tremendous quantity of heavy landings, huge jumps and they help keep the bottom of the truck off the ground.

I have run them with 2S 8000mah Maxamps lipos 25C and also with 3S 5000mah ***** and ******* Lipos.

After going through the stock motors, one front differential, and one MMM ESC in a about a year, I can recommend to use low gearing. How low? That all depends on where you drive, and how you drive, but 68 tooth spur and 16 tooth pinion is a good, safe start for me. Still gives you me than necessary speed, and good torque - (FOR BASHING).

I keep an eye on the motor's temp and try not to exceed 170-175 degrees which can happen easily if you are running in hot weather, with lesser quality lipos and/or abusing the truck in tough terrains like sand/heavy grass.

This wheel/tire combo was not made for speed, specially if you get the pre-glued/assembled combo. If you can, go for the separate wheels/tires and TAPE them before you glue them to get the most out of your higher speed runs or the tire will do a whole lot of crazy ballooning. At high speeds the truck gets very "squirrelly" with tires this big specially if untapped. Again, get them for the looks and for bashing, not for racing/high speed.

Vent your lexan body to allow good airflow, high quality and a TRUE high C-rating (35C or more) lipo is highly recommended when running a truck this heavy and with tires this big.

You won't be disappointed I think.
    Faster Higher Longer Harder
    youtube.com/BisMaxx

RC Champion
    thanx...what gearing u running...?

im running 6s, 18/54, cc blower installed and lowest timeing .... iv ran this thing in alot of grass and temps have been fine for me.... these tires sure do take a beating.
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

More HPI TerraPin tires on 1/2 offset green Maximizer wheels, dyed black.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachi_RC
    Great thread EREVOfirstcar! Here is my contribution:

Tire: ProLine Badlands MT Tire / $19.99 Pair / Tower Hobbies *LINK*

Wheels: JConcepts Rulux Half Ups 1/2 Off Set / $21.99 for 4 / Tower Hobbies *LINK*

Pictures of this combo:

I want these exact tires....I think with the low profile of the rubber, they won't balloon too bad compared to the stock tires.

The wheels seem discontinued in the link...can anyone recommend something similar, that isn't too heavy, have the correct offset, and fit on my 17mm ERBE?

If you have other suggestions for a tire wheel combo(please provide a link also)

My main goal is not to balloon too bad...I don't race on a track, I drive 50/50 on road and in dirt....and every once is awhile a speed run or two.

Thanks for the help!
    http://s405.photobucket.com/albums/pp138/TANKS250/

RC Racer
    Those wheels are still for sale. You can only get them in yellow (white has been discontinued).
    Search for them on ebay or use the link provided above (for the white ones) and browse down a bit for the yellow ones or click "possible solutions" below the discontinued message.
    Last edited by PIR3lly; 09-13-2010 at 06:37 PM.

RC Racer

Biggun's

Got these about a week ago. Not sure if someone has posted them yet.
    I love the look of them and the ground clearance they provide.

stock erbe 17mm talons in the middle for comparison

22/58 on 2s or 3s. 7 3/8" tall, 3 7/8" wide
    Little side wall, not much ballooning at all at high speeds.
    Last edited by ykndoit; 09-13-2010 at 10:43 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ykndoit

got any more pics...different angles?

what gearing?...etc, etc, etc

RC Qualifier
    Just bumpin this great thread up for the newcomers.
    That's Just How I Roll o==o>

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ykndoit

stock erbe 17mm talons in the middle for comparison

22/58 on 2s or 3s. 7 3/8" tall, 3 7/8" wide
    Little side wall, not much ballooning at all at high speeds.
    Can you say what they are. Posting pics is fine if you recognise the tyres. What brand are they, and what model?

RC Racer
    Proline LPR's and GS Storm SUT truggy tires.....they have a solid center tread,..so virtually NO BALLOONING!.

RC Competitor
    What have been the experiences running 40 series tires? Can the E-Revo take it without suffering more frequent parts breakage?

I see folks in this thread have been running the HPI GT2 tires. They appear to be 1/2" larger diameter over the stock Talons and my LHS tells me they are far more durable in terms of tearing and such than the Talons. I've been looking at those and the Trenchers but I am concerned I will regret them if they are going to cause parts to fail.

RC Competitor
    Do you have any part number for these tires Tank?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by eemmaaxxxx
    Can you say what they are. Posting pics is fine if you recognise the tyres. What brand are they, and what model?
    they are off of a cen genesis 7.7. If you search that on ebay, those will come up. very reasonable for the size.

I like the low sidewall which reduces ballooning on 6s.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalios
    Do you have any part number for these tires Tank?
    Only place I can find them is Ebay,..but if you find another spot please let me know....and I'll buy 2-3 more sets...

....like I said....these tires are perfect...I probably will never run anything else ever.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TANK'S 250
    Only place I can find them is Ebay,..but if you find another spot please let me know....and I'll buy 2-3 more sets...

....like I said....these tires are perfect...I probably will never run anything else ever.
    I may have missed it in a past thread so I apologize if so, but what are the specs on these? (diameter, width, weight, etc) LPR is somewhere between MT and 40 series, isn't it?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rixhobbies
    I may have missed it in a past thread so I apologize if so, but what are the specs on these? (diameter, width, weight, etc) LPR is somewhere between MT and 40 series, isn't it?

I measure them(because there isn't a number on the sidewall)

GS Storm tires:

3 1/4" wide(tread)
    5 7/8" high

original wheel to be mounted on is:

2 14" wide
    3 7/16" high

But I have the stretched over Proline's that are 3 7/8" tall

stock Brushless E-Revo specs in inches:

3 1/4" wide
    5 7/8" high

so essentially, they are exactly the same size as stock tires, but have a smaller mounting radius....that is why I stretched them to fit on the Prolines

RC Qualifier
    Good thread. Bump.......
    Cummins Powered!

RC poster
    From Alaska, recently moved to Midland, Texas
    I really like the way that looks! I can believe how much 4.0 tires and rims cost.

RC Qualifier
    Thought I would post these up. They are on a Brushless Associated Monster GT, however, I thought it would be nice to add some combo's i havent seen since i found this thread useful.

First set are Imex J-Hawg tires on HPI Mag 8 chroms rims:

The second set are HPI GT-S savage tires on Kyosho ST-RR truggy rims:

I really like both combo's. Havent gotten to run them much yet. I have ran the imex tires some as they were used when i mounted them, and those suckers hook up pretty well and look good too. The Savage tires also hook up great because I have the same thing on my savage. After 10 gallons of fuel, those tires still have like new tread and they hook up well and look mean. I thought about going with Imex mashers instead, but the savage tires are just as good, a little larger, and cheaper. I used the Kyosho rims because I thought they looked good, and I found them for $12.99 shipped for a set of 4 on ebay. I typically like the realistic looking MT rims but these were cheap and looked decent, so I went with them and I like the looks pretty well. They are similar to rulux's except i like the looks better and they are cheaper

Just thought i would post up!

Eric
    Cummins Powered!

RC Qualifier
    Nice I like the first set.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Revoman859

RC Racer
    GS Racing SUT tyres (20 set of 4) + HPI Warlock rims (14 - set of 4)

RC Competitor
    Fantastic thread.
    It's a minefield out there with wheels.

I'm after a bit of advice please, i'm hopping up to 17mm Hex's soon and the only wheels i really fancy are the RPM revolvers.
    I have a few questions though please.

1/ Is it worth buying the higher offset Stablemaxx version?
    2/ Could someone please give me a quick list of what tyres fit well on these rims?

I have searched and found that the bead is 3.2" problem is though there are so many widths and profiles out there it's difficult to know what works well.
    I drive on rocky hardpack mainly, i'm running Calibers on my Blitz and these suit the terrain perfectly, but i can't find them in 3.2".

So if anyone can put a quick list up of what tyres fit on the Revolvers (probably stablemaxx) it'd be greatly appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    Hey vlad how do those tyre balance or do they sit perfect
    I glued mIne on the rims I used cause they kept flying off
    The rims and with the big sidewall overhang it hard to glue
    On perfect. I've got another set of those Gs tyres still in
    Packet but just need rims to fit them on
    I have run them on 5s with no balloning but I'm worried
    Bout running at high speed with poor balanced wheels

RC Qualifier
    This is one of my set of wheels:

GS Storm tires on JConcepts Rulux Half-Ups Offset

RC Racer
    I find them sitting well and tight enough so glueing them is a little workout for your fingers. I can only manage 1 at a time. Did 2 yesterday and hopefully 2 today. Did not check the balance yet or how they perform. Tank250 was very impressed and j.f.s likes them as well. He can probably comment more on that

RC Qualifier
    ok thanks
    i got them after tank said they were good at hi speeds
    ive had 5 or so runs on them and they have good grip and no ballooning
    i think i was impatient when i glued mine so not perfect
    ill turn car upside down and run it with wheel freespining just slightly not full speed
    and see how the car feels
    see if it shakes

RC Qualifier
    Mine are slightly wobbly but that's because of me. I wasn't to careful when gluing mine. I probably could've made sure the tire was touching the bead on the rim properly. I use mine for bashing so I'll leave them as they are.

RC Racer
    I did take some time glueing mine so the are good (no wobble). I do have some tiny wobble on the front right wheel but its smth to do with the my drivetrain as any wheel will wobble there but is ok anywhere else. Took them for a quick spin outside and and yeah - no ballooning at all on 5S (mine are taped with gorilla tape). Slightly unbalanced as at half throttle they start vibrating when car is off the ground. Probably slightly less grip then stock talons tyres as under breaking with steering wheel turned to the max car just slides sideways (ok its a bit wet outside) - but that's fine with me I only bash so perfect and tight cornering is not on my list. Better slide then flip on the roof. Happy with them so far