Thread: Mamba Monster

RC Qualifier

Mamba Monster

I just got it today. I have to say this sucker is huge compared to the VXL system. I'm still at work and I can't wait to get home and start having fun. Now that this REVO is going brushless, I purchased a few things I thought might break:

Extra Spur Gears
    Front Control Arms
    Anno Push Rods

The only thing I forgot was the Y Cable Adapter.........Going after work to pick that up.

If anyone knows of something else i will need, PLEASE LET ME KNOW...PLEASE!
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 05-12-2009 at 09:26 PM.

RC Qualifier
    An extra pair of clean underwear.
    I'm only at 92%..........

RC Competitor
    you will need some extra pinions and spurs to experiment with your gearing. go over to the brushless section for more help. brushlessman is great, uberbricky, etc. dont be shy.
    I eat breakfast for lunch.

RC Champion
    sway bars (I use traxxas)
    anno Push rods and Turnbuckles
    RPM all around
    Several pinions (17, 20, 22)
    Spurs (54,56,62,64)
    Heavier shock oil (I use 70)
    Variable Dampening Pistons (from traxxas)
    1/2 inch offset rims, (offset is a must, the best upgrade I've put on, helps with turns ALOT!)
    Either crimefighter, bowtie or badlands

That is a good start. After fooling around with all these parts you will become very familiar with your revo, and how the upgrades affect the handling/speed

Best of Luck, feel free to ask me anything, keep in mind I am no pro, just a guy who learns from experience!
    1717/XL2 EREVO

Uber I have to say, I have been running a brushless E-revo since the E-revo was released, and none of what you have listed is a need item. Thats more like a how do you like to set your E-revo up ? I personally do not run anything except RPM arms, and tuned my shocks for personal preference. BTW I was not at all happy with offset rims, to each their own
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Champion
    Sorry you don't agree, like anything on here its a matter of opinion. If you like to tinker, these are the parts that have worked for me, I just bash for now. I define "need" as what I can afford at the hobby store when I'm going there. I'll just leave this to the pros...
    1717/XL2 EREVO