Thread: New to rc world

RC poster

New to rc world

Hey everyone. I'm new to the rc world and just wondering what was the best setup for a beginner. I like the looks of the slashes. I am not planning on racing it just llaying around with one. Any advice would be great.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Welcome!

Well! The Slash is certainly the best all round RC for you! Without a doubt!

RC poster
    Would a 4wd be better than 2wd?

RC poster
    I am also what I would consider a newb to RCs. I used to play around some with RCs with my dad when I was a kid but nothing like what is out nowadays.
    Just picked up a Slash 2wd last week with a Lipo and its a blast after running a few times over the weekend. I'm just bashing it on mostly pavement so the 2wd works out to be just fine.
    I didn't go with the 4wd for 2 reasons....more money and they seem to be tougher to work on if something breaks.

RC poster
    Two good reasons Also, 2wd is kind of fun to bash!

Tapatalked from LG V10

RC Qualifier
    I own both , to tell the truth I could not pick one over the other. They are both fun to drive .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Can you convert a 2wd to 4wd?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Stemy View Post
    Can you convert a 2wd to 4wd?

Not easily.

RC Competitor
    welcome!

I'm new also, now have 4 vehicles since mid Dec.

I've got some 1/10 4wd ECX trucks that are a lot of fun. I lost 4wd on one of them and in the grass, it basically just sat there and spun the tires... I don't think I could handle a 2wd.

I say get the 4x4 and bash away...

Sent from my Sig Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by aceniza View Post
    welcome!

I'm new also, now have 4 vehicles since mid Dec.

I've got some 1/10 4wd ECX trucks that are a lot of fun. I lost 4wd on one of them and in the grass, it basically just sat there and spun the tires... I don't think I could handle a 2wd.

I say get the 4x4 and bash away...

Sent from my Sig Sauer
    It's probably cause the grass is 2 high. My 2wd slash can take grass if it isn't to high tho. Any RC would get caught up in grass if A) grass is as high or higher then how much ground clearance it has and B) traction sucks between tires and grass.
    I like my 2wd slash but I also haven't had any experience with the 4wd slash but from my knowledge, get the 2wd.
    When I ain't at school I'm racing my Slash

RC Competitor
    nah, our grass is dormant right now and almost bare from the kids playing in it. The truck was on trenchers, may be thay it's just overpowered

Sent from my Sig Sauer

Yeah. To much power can cause wheel-spin especially if wheels are worn down. Or if grass is wet.
    Last edited by h2rac3r; 02-21-2017 at 06:24 AM. Reason: forgot words
    When I ain't at school I'm racing my Slash

RC Qualifier
    Hey everyone. I'm new to the rc world and just wondering what was the best setup for a beginner. I like the looks of the slashes. I am not planning on racing it just llaying around with one. Any advice would be great.

what kind of surface are you going to run on ? Budget ? Sounds like you need everything. Lipo's , charger etc.

RC poster
    Yes i will need everything. Mainly street, stone driveway, and yard, i have a area that grass is short snd barely grows..

RC Qualifier
    Yes i will need everything. Mainly street, stone driveway, and yard, i have a area that grass is short snd barely grows..

I'm going to stick with the 2wd. It is cheaper up front ,so you can buy a nice 4 pack charger and extra batteries. unless money is not an issue then get the 4x4. I would not say one needs way more maintenance then the other , the 4x4 can take more of your time when you need to maintain, fix or repair it . The 4x4 will shine in the loose stuff , but a good tire selection can get the 2wd on its way just fine . The 2wd will make you a driver . The other , you will look like one. It's a tough choice you will need to make on your own . Both are winners in my book .

RC Qualifier
    A 2wd slash is a really good truck. I dont regret buying mine. Easy to work, lots of good aftermarket support. probably not really easy changing 2wd to 4wd. Still want a 4wd slash one day, after all you cant have to many rc's right, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum500sw View Post
    The 2wd will make you a driver . The other , you will look like one.
    1+^ magnum!! I always circle back to my Slash 2wd, my first truck. You said mainly street so I vote for a 2wd, stone driveway and yard would probably be more fun with a 4x4. Boils down to where you will use it most and of course $$. Happy Bashin!!
    When in Doubt Throttle out!!

RC poster
    Anything special to look for when getting ready to buy a slash?