Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Modest E-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. I took it to the track on Friday and it did great. The suspension I went with was too stiff so I'm going back to what I had but add more down travel. The track was ran dry so it was rough on tires but had a ton of grip. The S1 BFG's did very well. I ran a tenshocks 401 4000kv motor w/ an RX8 and the motor has a lot of power but the RX8 is flakey. I"m switching it out for a HW 120a esc. I'm thinking about mounting the esc and receiver on the lower plate to get the CG even lower. The car really does well once the CG is made low.

RC Competitor
    Hi love your car, how much was the budget and what's your runtime with a battery

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. I believe in the beginning of this build I give motor, battery, and runtime figures. With the Tenshock 401 or the cc 1410 you do not get as much runtime. I believe w/ a 5000mah battery I get about 12 mins. I'll be heading to the track on Wednesday I'll try to time it then to get a more current reading. The car is definitely on the heavy side now that I have a full skid plate running front to back. I'm at 6lbs 10 ounces RTR.

My current ideas are around creating a traditional pan-type chassis so that I can remove the upper chassis of my current setup. I"m not quite sure how to go about this while keeping the cantilever suspension. Any ideas are welcome.

RC Competitor
    Thanks,what's the top speed?

RC Qualifier
    I've not GPS'd it, but I can tell it's in the high 20's to low 30's. Which is more than enough for the tracks I run.

RC Qualifier
    I'm going to be selling this or parting it out. If anyone is interested let me know. Ideally you are located in AZ and I won't have to ship it. It is by far one of the best handling e-slayers out there. With the RX8, tenshock 401, and servo I'd let it go for $300. You'd have to add a body, battery, and radio.