Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pro2A Upgraded to brushless e revo

Hey guys, I decided to upgrade from my Revo 3.3 to the brushless e revo and couldn't be happier. I went to my local hobby shop looking to pick up an x maxx (wasn't in stock)so you know how it goes....... well I couldn't leave empty handed could I?
    Anyway, this truck is awesome!!!

You will love it!!!

Thanks frontline, I definitely do. To be honest I picked this up a couple of weeks ago and I am hooked!!!
    I decided to pickup some 3s lipos and headover to my by nephews to do a little jumping

Very nice... I'm just on 4s now but I am probably going to pick a couple 3s up soon

Got mine about a month ago... Sold my slash ultimate and am loving the erbe!!!
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...o-after-a-week

That's a sweet truck you got there!! I just purchased my daughter a slash. She was showing some interest and I figured what better way to get the OK from the wife to spend money at the hobby shop then for my daughter to ask to go 😎

What a difference with 3s! So much more power! I decided to put on a wheelie bar to try and keep the front end down.

Hahaha nice... A family affair now. I just ordered some trencher X today! I got the addiction bad lol. My wife said no more Amazon boxes with "truck" parts lol

Lol, Believe me I know what you mean. I picked up some super swampers yesterday. There is a really good hobby shop about 25 minutes from my house. It's a lot easier sneaking in a box then one showing up at my front door lol

Hahaha... Those look good!!! Did they come mounted or did you tape and glue them? How is the ballooning

Thanks frontline. I did buy them mounted. To be honest I didn't notice them ballooning........ They were to busy ripping off on my first jump yesterday 🙄 lol
    I am going to pick up some glue today and I should be back in business

Oh man that sucks! **** 6s lol

After some breaking and bashing I decided to go with rpm front and rear arm conversion and Traxxas steel driveshafts.

6s is what I call a tyre shredder....did my talons that way the first time 6s went on...

So you are enjoying the beast as much as we do, and will you be running your 3.3 besides as well, I enjoy the fun of both worlds, nitro and electric.....

With 6s in, some consideration later if your diffs have not given up yet, the lst2 diff mod does wonders
    Live life to the fullest

Very nice. I'm trying to decide on what drive shafts I'm going to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    6s is what I call a tyre shredder....did my talons that way the first time 6s went on...

So you are enjoying the beast as much as we do, and will you be running your 3.3 besides as well, I enjoy the fun of both worlds, nitro and electric.....

With 6s in, some consideration later if your diffs have not given up yet, the lst2 diff mod does wonders
    Hi Jezza, yes I will definitely keep running my 3.3 as well. There's nothing like the smell of nitro in the morning LOL
    I haven't had any problems with my diffs yet but I've been looking into upgrading them.

Frontline, I did snap on of the steel driveshafts at the pin. I ordered a different set from Kershaw yesterday. They should be hear in the next couple of days. I Will be sure to keep you posted on how they do.

If they don't work out I'm going to try a set of these next

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    If they don't work out I'm going to try a set of these next
    And I use the MIP 11101 on the erevo, great upgrades for extreme bashing, love the MIP too on my slash 4x4
    Live life to the fullest

Yes, from the research I did MIP was my first choice but when I was placing an order at Kershaw yesterday it was an impulse buy to give the other driveshafts a chance. They do look pretty cool

Sweet thanks.... I had the MIP on the slash and they worked great.

I decided to throw on some new tires, motor fan and change my gearing to a 25 tooth Pinion and 54 to the spur. Running 3s This setup is a lot of fun in the street!!! I don't seem to be having any heat issues at the moment but then again it's not that hot outside this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontline1985 View Post
    Hahaha... Those look good!!! Did they come mounted or did you tape and glue them? How is the ballooning
    I decided to go home today and reglue the tires. I was playing around and figured I would do a little mad Max on the Revo. Yes these tires do balloon a little LOL

Wow hahaha pizza cutters. Nice pictures of the ballooning.

Thanks frontline. Im not sure how to post video yet.

I'm not sure either. I think from the app you can choose the video and it will compress and convert it

RC Enthusiast
    holy pizza cutters!!!!

Pro2A what 3s lipos do you use? Looking to get some soon.

Frontline, I have a couple sets of the traxxas 3s 25c 5000mah that I use. I do have a set of venom 3s 50c 5000mah that I haven't installed the traxxas connectors to yet. I will be sure to let you know how they are when I do. The traxxas have been working so good I haven't been in a rush to buy the connectors and break out the soldering gun lol

Awesome thanks!

I noticed The traxxas link is up and working again! Not my best top speed but for a run I'm my culdesac not to shabby 😀

Pro2A Upgraded to brushless e revo

Dang... That a lot faster than my 37 MPH hahaha
    Last edited by Frontline1985; 04-30-2016 at 07:37 PM.

Lol, 25/54 gearing and running 3S lipos. I only had it at full throttle for no more than a second. I live on a culdesac so there's really not a lot of room. I had it up to 83 last week. I want to bring it down to one of the main roads by my house early in the morning to get a long straight run without any cars around and see what she can do.

I was doing some jumping last night and snapped another driveshaft at the pin. Nothing to crazy just messing around. I hope the new set from Kershaw holds up a little better

RC Competitor
    Wow, lot of fun going on in this thread. I will follow your progress.

RC Racer
    This thread is off to a great start!!

Are you monitoring motor and esc temps? I didn't see anything about broken diffs so you must be doing something right.

How are you measuring speed?

Hi lgarceau, thank you very much!

Hi wrested, thank you very much! Yes, I do monitor the esc, motor and battery temps. I use temp gun to monitor them. This time of year the weather isn't that hot so I am really not to worried. I did instal a castle fan just incase. I have been very lucky so far with my diffs but I am ready to replace them if need be. I haven't payed to much attention to measuring speed. I do play around with it but I have not purchased a garmin forerunner yet. Your going to laugh but I strap my I phone 6 plus to the wing and let it rip. In the beginning of this thread I mentioned I went in to buy an X maxx it it was out of stock. What I didn't mention was I went back to my local hobby shop the next day to purchase another set of 3s lipo batteries and there was the X maxx. Anyway......That box was very hard to sneak past my wife into my house lol. The I phone fits really nice between the body supports on the X maxx lol. I was playing with the traxxas app but after changing the pinion and spur I am not sure how accurate it will be. The iPhone seems to be pretty good. I did a quick run in front of my house and took a picture. I did get the some pretty high speeds the other day using the iPhone speedo meter app. I then drove with it in my car and it seem to be pretty accurate.

Nice... Now you have what you wanted plus an ERBE lol. Lucky man

RC Qualifier
    Order the parts and say it's not truck parts...it's car parts. Then when when she says no Amazon you order it from another website. Then when she says no online you buy it locally. Or the ultimate winner...it was on sale
    Last edited by Blkdrgn808; 05-02-2016 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blkdrgn808 View Post
    Order the parts and say it's not truck parts...it's car parts. Then when when she says no Amazon you order it from another website. Then when she says no online you buy it locally. Or the ultimate winner...it was on sale
    Hahahahahahaha..... "It was on sale" is my wife's favorite saying

LOL, I like the way you guys think!!......these showed up at more food today from kershaw. They seem to be made well but they do have pins. I'm going to try the mip's next time if they don't work out. They do look pretty kool though!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    LOL, I like the way you guys think!!......these showed up at more food today from kershaw. They seem to be made well but they do have pins. I'm going to try the mip's next time if they don't work out. They do look pretty kool though!

Would love to know how these perform... They do look good. Keep us updated please.