RC Qualifier

Hobbywing ezrun 150a esc ??

I just purchased a hobby wing ezrun 150a esc for my brushless e revo. It looks like it will be a great esc it's 150a 2-6s lipo
    Lipo cutoff
    Fan
    Meant for 1/5 or 1/8 trucks
    Can take a 2500kv motor or lower

So my question is has anyone tried this esc? What are your thoughts opinions etc? Any pics or info would be most appreciated.

Pretty sure lots of people tried that ESC because it is cheaper than Castle, and one of the reasons that it is cheap is because you won't have warranty or customer support and it is made over seas. Funny thing you ask for reviews after you already bought it. Will it work ? Yes, but you are on your own when it blows up you will have to buy another one.

There are lots of video on people using them but as NFS mentioned, you are on your own when it comes to after service.

I like to experiment and bite the dust when things go wrong with it, after all you will not know the products unless you try. Some are with great sucess, so you will not even call the support etc. Others , oh well money lost but at least you have made use of it it unless things went dud after a day or so of use.

With my erevo and revo, the ones I tend to keep, I have the well known brands that I can turn to when things go wrong, eg. my MMP bunt down, initially I thought it was a problem somewhere with the ESC and a got an MRA for it, how ever after a closer inspection I realised it was my mistake so I sent castle creations to cancel as the damage was a fault of my own.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Racer
    I have had that esc and you are getting a lot for the money, mine has burnt down, but while I had it it worked fine it lasted for 2 years so it good

RC poster
    Those ESCs work great. They also have a version called the "quicrun" its basically the 150amp but waterproofed. I have them in all of my rcs besides one of my erevos, that has the mm2. I will say castle motors are better quality and will prefer buying those over the hobbywing's. For the money and the programming you can do with hobbywing's esc its well worth the money. Im going on 3 years with my EZRUN pro in my gtp2e and it gets pushed hard and never gets warm.

meh... I would not buy one but if you take care of it and not ask more of it than what it can deliver should run for a long time.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    I have one - works great - never had an issue with it.
    Used it sensored in my summit, erevo and vorza at different times. I like it!

RC Qualifier
    Ok what motor would you all suggest I'm thinking a castle mamba 2200kv

Quote Originally Posted by Chris01 View Post
    Ok what motor would you all suggest I'm thinking a castle mamba 2200kv
    I saved up and finally got the MM2 2200, could not be much happier, so far so good...
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Ha I have 3 of those system and love them just don't have the $$$ for one right now till I sell my twin hammers

Ha I have 3 of those system and love them just don't have the $$$ for one right now till I sell my twin hammers
    So I guess you have all your combos used at the moment, personnaly it is great on the erevos.....if you have it on a smaller truck, convert it over the the erveo, you will not regret it.
    Live life to the fullest

RC poster
    I was able to find the castle 2200 for 80 new on ebay.

Another good alternative to castle motors, is Tacon they are a little bit lower in price. I've used this motor in all of my RCs and it too has held up just as good comparing to castle.

I run 6s through my gtp running over 90-100mph, I would assume that's "pushing" the Hobbywing esc, but again it doesnt seem to get hot. I think the hottest ive seen it was 105F after multiple passes.

Castle was good... But I think nowadays its a preference more than anything else..
    Last edited by scottsrt1988; 05-06-2015 at 11:09 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    I have the 150A Xerun and the 150A Quicrun esc's and they have both performed flawlessly....Zero issues so far after over a year with both. Coupled with the LED or LCD programming cards and Hobbywing USB Link, this is a system which can hold it's own against any other company. If you do have any issues with them, Hobbywing has US support at Falconsekido. Just google it, and you will be directed to their support page. The repair and return procedure is also available from that site as well, in the rare event you have to use it. I have no regrets using their products and certainly feel more than comfortable using them in any future products. Hope you enjoy yours!!
    Mad Beast, E-Revo

RC Qualifier
    TO give you the truth....

Hobbywing is a rock solid brand for ESC's.

Plenty of racing worldwide with those esc's.

Generally Castle ESC give up with no aparent reason...and Hobbwing ESC's stay cool and can drive High power motor's without a sweat!

My experience with Castle is that someday they just quit...for no aparent reason! (and i see a lot of the same thing with other users)

For such a normal price they should release a reliable hardware...and not fantasy marketing...HEY you we are better then others...

Not saying Castle is bad. Castle is good, but have issues like many others! So for the price it should be more reliable!

RC Qualifier
    Yes I love castle have it in 8 of my 12 cars and the rest are just rollers I'm hoping this hobby wing will be a good substitute for the castle on price

RC Qualifier
    Is there any particular motor you would suggest with this esc? For 6s hard bashing

RC Qualifier
    Is there any particular motor you would suggest with this esc? For 6s hard bashing
    What for the E-revo? Stick to 4s on the Erevo! Unless you custom upgrade diff's and aftermakert axles...6s is just "lalaland" for the E-revo! Not going to last one more pack!

If want power, real power get TPPower motors Same league as Lhener or Black Neu's at Hobbywing prices. A 1717 Castle motor is almost a joke compared to TPPower motors

Those Tenshock 6poles are beast's to...and they have sensored version's...
    you won't regret getting a sensored motor for it, just make sure the cable conection is insulated with silicone and you are good to go, lol.
    Last edited by targetingxmod; 05-07-2015 at 11:48 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Ok do you have part numbers for the senseless tppower and tenshock

RC Qualifier
    Ok do you have part numbers for the senseless tppower and tenshock
    TPPOWER motors are only in sensorless. (brute,raw,mad,uncontrolable power is only sensorless, you won't see black Neu's or Lhener's sensored )

Tenshock have sensored and sensorless. The sensored for 1/8 are:

-Remember this are 6pole motors. Your Castle Mamba Monster could puke using a 6 pole motor! lol

Maybe to much for the E-Revo handle in 4s without implode itself

Honest opinion for no stress and longevity is sticking to a Hobbywing sensored combo! That will be enough and more some for the E-revo on 4s....

-Video from a Summit to show just the sensored part at the end

Of course you can go Tekin for sensored, but you pay just the Tekin name and not for more quality!

Or get the Hobbywing ESC and get a Leopard motor...they are cheap and good like Castle motors! There have sensored versions to... 4274 (42mm diamter 74mm length)
    Last edited by targetingxmod; 05-08-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Counterpoint to the hyperbole above:
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...ot-a-good-idea
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
    Of course you can go Tekin for sensored, but you pay just the Tekin name and not for more quality!
    Can't comment about HW products because never had one, and never will simple because there is no customer support, and zero warranty.
    I seriously doubt their quality is supperior to Castle or Tekin, which I had several units and zero issues.

Hobbywing ezrun 150a esc ??

I received my ERBE around Labor Day (beginning of September) 2009. My buddy got his around Memorial Day (end of May) 2009. Both have the stock Monster/1515 motor system. We have replaced three fans total on the ESCs of these motor systems. I have accidentally submerged mine upside down and experienced no damage. That's about 12 years of runtime at the cost of a fan per 4 years. I'll take that performance any day.

RC poster
    I tryed ordering a hobby wing setup for my revo. I could not even get the sales people to tell me which part number/kit to buy because they didn't want to be liable for any mistakes. Seriously? Cover your own butt over helping your customers??

I went with a mamba monster 2 and do not regret it one bit.

RC Qualifier
    I finally got a vid and size comparison here it is https://youtu.be/5PaPE5d-NvU

bigger than I thought they were, so is bigger better??

RC Qualifier
    Not sure yet won't find out for a while considering the e revo is all torn apart

Choosing the right system is has a lot of factors involved.
    Demographycally it depends where you are situated, reputhe company, after service frm the company or suppliers.

I like the castle creations because I beleive in their after service, business practices, and waaranties. Like wise I have tried some many other systems (three to be precise on the erebe), one of which I will not mention as I found out their business pracices where not so enticing, infact they have been proven to steal directly the thecnology from castle creations and selling them at a /3 of the price, so conceously should you buy them, or also think of your pocket....just like counterfeit goods.

Their after service so far has been great too but as I mention morality plays and social aspect, that was the first time and last time, I support my north american companies.

Like wise hobby wing, seems to be great but for the same size systems, their ratings are weaker so I tend to think right away you cannot push this product to the limits as the standar of castle creations products. (as a whole package, performance, after sales, services, warranties etc)

The european market has their products too, and I assume they are more accesible there geographycally but are highly priced here in north america, in particular the orion, great systems too and I am sure after service is as good as cc.

As I mentioned before, you choose to buy what best fits you but take all that into consideration, and also accept the consequences if and should anything happen.

And does size matter??? bigger does not mean better, nor the saying the red car is faster...just saying, I have had three castle systems, one that I have not yet use , my sv3 for my sc1O, but with what I have experience on the MMP and MM2, I am very happy with everything.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    I completely agree jezza

RC Qualifier
    I guess we will find out soon though when I test it in the erbe I just need some new driveshafts then I will be all done it

RC Qualifier
    I really need a new motor any suggestions?

Higher the voltage the lower the KV
    to get the most out of a lower KV you need more voltage.
    1800~2000 = 6s
    2000~2200 = 5s or 4s

Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    Higher the voltage the lower the KV
    to get the most out of a lower KV you need more voltage.
    1800~2000 = 6s
    2000~2200 = 5s or 4s
    You are correct, but my CC-Neu 1512 1800kv motor (discontinued and purchased from CC for $60.00) was very fun on 4S. The maximum velocity wasn't extreme but the run times were. I sold it to a buddy who uses it in his 1:8 buggy.

RC Qualifier
    Ok any suggestions of a specific motor?

still have two 1800kv new in a box from the closeout.......teeheeheee

RC Qualifier
    Well I just got a motor I think it's going to be too slow for me it's a tekin t8 1550kv if it doesn't work I'll put it in my summit but I'll try it.