RC poster

New To The Forum

Hi guys I have just purchased an ERBE for Christmas so I thought I would join the forum.

I took the car out for its first run today and I must say I was a little disappointed with the speed. as I ran the car in with it's Nimh batteries after a while I noticed that the clutch was slipping. I remembered reading something about tightening it.
    I jumped on this forum and realised the clutch comes loose and has to be tightened.

I just did this and still had some life in the Nimh batteries so I just tried it again. WOW!!!!
    What a difference!!! Even with the Nimh batteries the thing screamed. I still have my 6S Lipos waiting. I can only imagine how it will go with these in them.

My only concern will be the cost of upgrades/stronger parts.

Take care

RC Racer
    welcome to the addiction!!

if you are going to run 6s, get better tires asap. SRC racing has some terrain busters that are great and they bolt right on.

you can find new or gently used parts all over the web, try the marketplace forum here too.

RC Racer
    Welcome!!!!

RC poster
    Thanks guys. Thanks for the advice.

RC Enthusiast
    Welcome, I too am pretty new to this and just got a ERBE...I did not tighten the slipper clutch..Is this something I should do and what symptoms would I notice for not tightening it?

RC poster
    Hi Woogy,
    I noticed the lack of speed and it didn't pop wheelies when I have seen them do it with Nimh batteries. I also noticed a high pitched whirring noise and I knew something wasn't right.
    I tightened and tested it last night and it went like the clappers.
    I took it out and ran the car again this morning with a full charge of the Nimhs on a wettish sports ground. I played it safe to learn the control of the car.
    Then I tried the 6S Lipo's. I spent half the charge going a little quicker than the Nimhs and then gave it full throttle over slow acceleration. It's a beast.
    The best news... NO DAMAGE. Even after a few rolls.

RC Enthusiast
    Shane2801, thanks....yes I finally read the owners manual and it states that you need to tighten it all the way to compression and then a quarter turn counter clock wise. What a huge difference now. I was just running it on 4s and it is a beast now. And yes I was noticing the exact same things (high pitch noise, etc.)

I was just to excited to run it, I didn't want to waste time reading a manual.

Thanks and enjoy!

Now time to run 6s.

RC Racer
    +1 on what Woogy12 stated. Read the manual. There is a wealth of information in there. If you are going to run on 6S be prepared to be fixing the differentials over and over again. There are several remedies which you will find by searching this forum. If you start breaking parts you might want to consider running 4S on it. It will still fly but be a little kinder on your parts, especially the differentials.

Enjoy!
    X-Maxx/E-Maxx/E-Revo/Slash 4x4/Revo 3.3/Bandit