RC poster

Receiver Light Red?

Hey i have been driving my MERV and then all of a sudden in like half of the batteries life it will just stop and the lights will turn red on the car. I feel like its over heating or something but then i feel the motor and esc and there only a little warm. Its been warmer before and was fine. Then i turn them both off for like 10 mins then it will work again but only for like 5 mins so it seems to be overheating but doesnt feel like it. Just wondering if anyone had a suggestions. And im running a 2s Lipo. Thanks!

RC Champion
    My first guess us your lipo is no good and it's going to low voltage shutdown.

To check that is simple . Next time it happens unplug the battery the immediately plug it back in, then try to drive it around at low throttle, if that works, try a few full throttle passes, if it shuts down again, it's the battery. For the best performance and battery life, you should run two in parallel.
    Dacaur

RC Qualifier
    Feeling a temperature is really a personal thing. What is warm for you might be scorching hot for another.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
    My first guess us your lipo is no good and it's going to low voltage shutdown.

To check that is simple . Next time it happens unplug the battery the immediately plug it back in, then try to drive it around at low throttle, if that works, try a few full throttle passes, if it shuts down again, it's the battery. For the best performance and battery life, you should run two in parallel.
    Ok thanks i will try that.