RC Competitor

Blister pack wrap on batteries

i'm pretty new to electrics and was wondering....i bought a couple promatch 4600 that are in blister pack type wrap....since they are in my summit they will probably see a little moisture , would it be a good idea to remove that covering or leave it ? will it weaken the pack integrity to take it off ? it looks like a gathering place for water to me and possibly corrosion.....guess its probably a silly question to ask but.....they arent exactly cheap , and they sure are good , really dont want to damage them because of ignorance LOL
    HOOKED ON R/C

RC Qualifier
    i would remove it, mine did not come with an additional wrap to cover the ends, just the initial wrap to hold the batteries together. my co-worker has wrap around his and he went through mud and it got under the wrap and looks like crap and will probably ruin the batteries quicker.

RC Competitor
    yeah i think i will take it off , the ends are open anyways .
    HOOKED ON R/C

RC Qualifier
    I just poked a couple small holes in the wrap and it let the moisture dry up pretty quick. That was my solution.
    Corrijo
    When the muds flyin, don't call me.

RC Qualifier
    that is a good idea, but it wont get the mud and dirt out if you happen to submerge it in such.

RC Qualifier
    Mud in the Pack? really? even with the battery doors on? You guy's are gettin deep in the you know what if your soakin it that deep. To each their own..
    Corrijo

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrijo
    Mud in the Pack? really? even with the battery doors on? You guy's are gettin deep in the you know what if your soakin it that deep. To each their own..
    you have some funny saying my friend.. ..with most of my packs i have now i have kept wrap on cuz its sealed and no water gets in there ,seems to work fine
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Competitor
    the packs i have are not sealed on the ends , some holes in the wrap would probably work for me , i dont have any intentions on "pushing" any mud LOL
    HOOKED ON R/C

RC Competitor
    the summit was built for mud snow and dirt, i can see why hes asking such a question corrijo

RC Qualifier
    True. True. I've buried mine in water, dirt and mud. Just never got actual mud in the packs. A little dirt, but the holes let it fall out.
    Corrijo