Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Let the Bling Begin!!!

So as much as i like to bash and crawl, i also like to look good doing it. Here's the stuff I've ordered and hopefully it all fits. lol

Aluminum Bumper mounts. F/R Integy
    Aluminum Body Mounts. F/R Integy
    Aluminum Servo Gaurds L/R Integy
    Aluminum Rockers 120LT F/R Some other company
    Aluminum Front Skid Plate Integy
    Aluminum Rear Skid Plate Integy.

Stuff I am still contemplating.

Aluminum Shocks Mounts F/R
    A-Arms. Going between RPM and Aluminum.

I know there is alot of opinions about Aluminum and I've weighed them all out. lol This should be a fun experiment for me when it comes to looks and functionality.
    Last edited by Corrijo; 04-19-2009 at 03:28 PM.
    Corrijo
    When the muds flyin, don't call me.

Awwwwwwww. I know you did your homework, and know about the trouble with aluminum, but anything other than Integy!!!!!! LOL. I hope you are lucky with the stuff (no one has been so far...lol), and it holds up.

RC Qualifier
    That's kinda why there's a theme to the purchases. None of it is truly a moving part. More Protection than anything else. I should be ok. We'll just have to see!!!

All the stuff i read online about Integy has to do with A-arms which i've decided against and mufflers which i don't need, and shocks which i don't want. Aluminum is Aluminum so for looks (Which they're great about) and protection, they have to be as good as the Stock body mounts, and servo gaurds. I think the rockers I bought are a different company now that i looked at my fleabay receipt.

Other than that, it's kinda hard to mess up a skid plate.. lol.
    Last edited by Corrijo; 04-19-2009 at 03:25 PM.
    Corrijo

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrijo
    Other than that, it's kinda hard to mess up a skid plate.. lol.
    i had an interdy skid on my e maxx and i had it destroid in one day

RC Qualifier
    what were you driving on. 40 grit sandpaper.
    Corrijo

RC Qualifier
    Do these parts state for the Summit? When you were researching?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by highrisk
    Do these parts state for the Summit? When you were researching?
    No. I researched integy in general. Lots of bad talk but no "TRUE" examples except in regards to Shocks (they reportedly leak), A-arms(they reportedly snap or bend easily), and Mufflers(Apparently impossible to tune) everything else was not talked about.

The parts i bought are not for the summit but are identical part numbers when you pull up a side by side comparison with an e-revo/revo 3.3 next to a Summit Diagram.
    Corrijo

RC Qualifier
    aah gotcha..good work ! people like me need these kinda tips...thanks

RC Racer
    what are you using for wheels and tires??
    aluminum also!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tectic
    what are you using for wheels and tires??
    aluminum also!!

Axials beadlocks and Proline Moab's
    Corrijo

RC Racer
    these are what i am looking at for my Summit
    http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=592

along with these tires

http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=778

8.5" tires

RC Qualifier
    Those would look really good on a Summit, but there a little to pricey for me! I like to get used sets of ebay!
    HPI BAJA 5T->
    E-Flite 400 3D->
    MERV->
    VXL Blitz

RC Competitor
    those tires you would start breaking tons of Edited for Language. - Mike505 I would imagine..
    Last edited by mike505; 04-26-2009 at 09:59 PM.

RC Qualifier
    No. I researched integy in general. Lots of bad talk but no "TRUE" examples except in regards to Shocks (they reportedly leak), A-arms(they reportedly snap or bend easily), and Mufflers(Apparently impossible to tune) everything else was not talked about.

The parts i bought are not for the summit but are identical part numbers when you pull up a side by side comparison with an e-revo/revo 3.3 next to a Summit Diagram.
    Wow, can't wait to see the result.

Will the aluminum parts increase the total weight of the Summit?

RC Qualifier
    I'll post pics when it's all here and installed.

About the weight, not quite sure.. Purchased more for added strength and looks. Not weight loss.
    Corrijo

RC Qualifier
    So here's the parts i have so far! IMO they look great and the rockers and bumper mounts (Not integy) are pretty heavy duty stuff. The rockers are one piece of CNC'd aluminum and weigh (tossing them in my hand) roughly the same. Hope you guy's enjoy the pic's.

You can see my son's b-day presents in the background. there's a toy's r us RC truck he's gonna freak over. (He's only 4) Get's the better stuff later.

Still waiting on Skids plates and Body mounts.
    Last edited by Corrijo; 04-22-2009 at 07:11 PM.
    Corrijo

RC Qualifier
    oh .BTW. these were all labeled e-revo or revo 3.3 parts in case you're interested.
    Last edited by Corrijo; 04-22-2009 at 08:58 PM.
    Corrijo

RC Competitor
    cool man, i broke down today and boought front and rear bumper mounts.

RC Qualifier
    I love the new look Corrijo the only thing I am worried about is you breaking the bulkheads and bumper now with the aluminum bumper mounts....
    "Lead, Follow, or get out of the way"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kscherer3153
    I love the new look Corrijo the only thing I am worried about is you breaking the bulkheads and bumper now with the aluminum bumper mounts....
    i hear ya. It's the nature of the hobby. I have aluminum body mounts coming that the bumper mounts connect to. hoping that will give it the added strength i need. Might still snap a bumper..

oh well, just have to quit launching it off the roof of my house. lol
    Last edited by Corrijo; 04-23-2009 at 02:18 AM.
    Corrijo

RC Qualifier
    Yeah just keep to jumping the car now.....lol

RC Competitor
    i mounted my front lower skidplate to the bulkhead with as steel plate today, its a complete unit in the front now, but im sure ill brake bumpers, if I do ill just fab some out of aluminum at my shop.

RC Qualifier
    Just finished the truck. Skid plates, body mounts, bumper mounts, Everything. Just not sure if i'm too tired to post more pics. Gimme a minute to chill, drink a beer, and i'll think about it.
    Corrijo

RC Qualifier
    Ok. here they are!!

Rear Body mount

Rear Body mount #2

Front body mount

Front Body Mount#2 Had to modify bracket to fit around t-lock arm!

Rear Skid

Front Skid

Full Truck

Truck and new body i tried!

I think I'm the first one to mod my truck in this fashion. hope to see more from you guy's in the near future. Also keep up to date on my boy Kscherer and his soon to be rediculous ground up summit. Just check his parts list. Oh, And have a napkin ready for the impending drool. Wouldn't want to ruin y'alls keyboards. Tell me what ya think and keep the integy bashing to a minimum. Don't bandwagon hate without trying the stuff first and then if you still want to bash, build your own thread.
    Last edited by Corrijo; 04-24-2009 at 02:22 AM.
    Corrijo

RC Qualifier
    wow. WOW. I havent experienced integy though have heard lots.
    that truck looks the dogs danglies.
    Slash VXL, E- Maxx 2 , comin' through!

RC Qualifier
    Very freakin cool ! I like it alot.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by crazee horse
    wow. WOW. I havent experienced integy though have heard lots.
    that truck looks the dogs danglies.
    Is that a compliment or a Dis? I'm confused. lol
    Corrijo

RC Qualifier
    Looking good.

When you get time, take some outdoor in the sunshine pics.
    Its Your Hobby

RC Champion
    Those bumper mounts aren't strong enough to break an egg. My buddy had them on his revo and one light hit to a small tree and it bent and twisted the bumper mounts. I wish I would of took pics of them. The bumpers were bent to crap. After that bash I shown him Integy's true colors and I hooked him up with the good stuff. Stick to plastic bumper mounts.
    What shall I put here?

RC Qualifier
    Looks great Corrijo take some outside sun pics so we can get the real effect.....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoroller13+
    Those bumper mounts aren't strong enough to break an egg. My buddy had them on his revo and one light hit to a small tree and it bent and twisted the bumper mounts. I wish I would of took pics of them. The bumpers were bent to crap. After that bash I shown him Integy's true colors and I hooked him up with the good stuff. Stick to plastic bumper mounts.

So apparently you failed to read the post after the last pictures. Trust Me. I understand the difference between plastic and aluminum. Aluminum is stronger than plastic but the one factor is flexibility. Just like if you take a soda can and a soda bottle. squish them both, the aluminum stays bent and the plastic pops back. I did this cuz i like it. Plus, i've already test munched(Accidently of course) the truck a couple times and i've bent nothing.

Again, try to stop ruining a reputation of a company just cuz "your Buddy" had a bad experience. Posts all over these forums are full of "My Buddy" and "I heard" posts about Integy amoung other companies. Place your quams with the companies on those threads. I've bought parts from this company before without any fail. Does this mean i'm the only one with this experience? I doubt it. Plus the Bumper mounts aren't integy. the body mounts are!!!

I swear it's like clicks during my school years that start hear-say rumors about other kids just cuz they look or like something different. Sorry to have such a long reply but it makes me mad.

Bottom Line, if you don't have a personal "your own" experience, SAVE IT!

k, i feel better now!
    Last edited by Corrijo; 04-24-2009 at 09:13 PM.
    Corrijo

RC Competitor
    uhhh , whats wrong with integy ? iv'e used lots of their parts and they seem great to me ...BTW corrijo , your truck looks great
    HOOKED ON R/C

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by klpbaron
    uhhh , whats wrong with integy ? iv'e used lots of their parts and they seem great to me ...BTW corrijo , your truck looks great

Thanks buddy. so i guess i'm not the only one? lol Again, sorry about the rant!!
    Corrijo

RC Qualifier
    whew..... at least it doesn't look "Redneck" LOL... some people just hit you wrong don't they..sorry couldn't resist ...again the truck looks great ! ...back to the post.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by highrisk
    whew..... at least it doesn't look "Redneck" LOL... some people just hit you wrong don't they..sorry couldn't resist ...again the truck looks great ! ...back to the post.
    I'm usually super cool about everything with everyone. i was out of character on that one but felt it had to be said. Thanks again Highrisk!!
    Corrijo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    i had integy rocker arms. and no matter what i did they were giving me major issues. always had screws backing out. only integy part i like is the progeessive rate springs for tha maxx series. gave a buddy of mine all integy revo arms and stuff i had. had bought a used roller off ebay with the arms on it.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Malibu
    i had integy rocker arms. and no matter what i did they were giving me major issues. always had screws backing out. only integy part i like is the progeessive rate springs for tha maxx series. gave a buddy of mine all integy revo arms and stuff i had. had bought a used roller off ebay with the arms on it.
    blue threadlock (locktite)
    HOOKED ON R/C

RC Competitor
    but then again i wouldnt load up my revo with aluminum parts anyways , if its on a revo and im drivin it had better flex LOL
    HOOKED ON R/C

RC Qualifier
    Well it's obvious my build isn't for everyone. I will tell you however i bashed and crawled all over the place yesterday and i love it. That's really the only thing that matters. Happy Saturday Fellas.

When it comes to Arm's, I'm going black RPM!! Still gonna get the mid-skid and Front/Rear shock mounts in aluminum....
    Last edited by Corrijo; 04-25-2009 at 12:53 PM.
    Corrijo

RC Competitor
    So apparently you failed to read the post after the last pictures. Trust Me. I understand the difference between plastic and aluminum. Aluminum is stronger than plastic but the one factor is flexibility. Just like if you take a soda can and a soda bottle. squish them both, the aluminum stays bent and the plastic pops back. I did this cuz i like it. Plus, i've already test munched(Accidently of course) the truck a couple times and i've bent nothing.

Again, try to stop ruining a reputation of a company just cuz "your Buddy" had a bad experience. Posts all over these forums are full of "My Buddy" and "I heard" posts about Integy amoung other companies. Place your quams with the companies on those threads. I've bought parts from this company before without any fail. Does this mean i'm the only one with this experience? I doubt it. Plus the Bumper mounts aren't integy. the body mounts are!!!

I swear it's like clicks during my school years that start hear-say rumors about other kids just cuz they look or like something different. Sorry to have such a long reply but it makes me mad.

Bottom Line, if you don't have a personal "your own" experience, SAVE IT!

k, i feel better now!
    i bent my front bumper mount on my summit, i ordered in a plastic one