Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    Ok ... I'm now ready to begin my install here shortly.

One thing I've noticed is that on my DeWalt motor, is that it came with a pinion attached. How do I take that off??

RC Qualifier
    I used a Dremel with a small metal cutting wheel and went about half threw the pinion and than put a screwdriver in the slot I made with the Dremel and than I just turned the screwdriver and the pinion just broke off.
    ~Gage~
    E-Revo E-Maxx Stampede Slash Amsoil=)

RC Racer
    Ok ... I'm Dremelling away here and this thing won't budge. I've made a total of 5 incisions (vertically & horizontally). I did the screwdriver in the deepest incision and nothing. I'll keep at it, but anyone else have this issue??

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Dewalt seems like a bang for the buck upgrade for the E-maxx. Does anyone find the DeWalt better than the 775 mod or similar? I like the water proof capability of brush motor so I'm seriously consider going either route.
    should i go with 12v, 14.4v or 18v DeWalt, what are the pros and cons, I'm running dual 7 cell pro-match btw, thanx
    5805,17/58,REM,VXL,1/8

RC Racer
    the 12v and 14.4v seem to be the same motor, so either way would be good. the 18v is really slow, good crawler option maybe, but not fast enough for what most people what to run.
    the 12v rocks, you'll be quite happy i'm sure.

rod1gram
    my pinion was the same way, I did 4 deep cuts to the shaft, all the way around, then just busted it off with my pliers. not pretty, but it came all off in the end.
    e-revo, Dewalt 12v motor, 2 speed conversion, dx3s