Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    well it seems that i cant get my erbe to steer when on high speed, i always need to let the throttle go, whats the stock grese used for the erbe diffs?
    SUPERMAXX, ERBE, T-MAXX, MERV
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

RC Racer
    Are you using the LST diffs? What do you have in there now?

I'm going to start with 30k front, 10k rear as MC suggested.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteRevo View Post
    Are you using the LST diffs? What do you have in there now?

I'm going to start with 30k front, 10k rear as MC suggested.
    no everything is stock, except my slipper clutch that is already warned out
    SUPERMAXX, ERBE, T-MAXX, MERV
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

RC Champion
    I got another email response from Jamie at Fastlane. Jamie explained that they've been working on new products for weeks and they hope to be done in a few days with those and the Revo/E-Revo bulkheads are next in line.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrash View Post
    I got another email response from Jamie at Fastlane. Jamie explained that they've been working on new products for weeks and they hope to be done in a few days with those and the Revo/E-Revo bulkheads are next in line.
    great news!
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

RC Qualifier
    Thats real good news!

Tell me, what 1/8 diffs would you guys REALLY prefer to fit in those FLM bulks?
    Is it still the LST`s that are strongest?

RC Racer
    If they make some that fit bigger diffs, or make some custom diff cases like the RCM ones, I'll be very interested. Thanks for the update MC.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ola View Post
    Thats real good news!

Tell me, what 1/8 diffs would you guys REALLY prefer to fit in those FLM bulks?
    Is it still the LST`s that are strongest?
    I don't think they're the strongest but they are overkill in a 10 to 11 pound truck, parts are cheap and the whole diff with diff case can be bought cheap on ebay.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Qualifier
    hopefully they'll be like the rcm revo cases or flm maxx hybrid bulks, where you can fit a variety of 1/8 diffs
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

RC poster
    Can you let us know when they are done, assuming you get an update

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tbonemcniel View Post
    hopefully they'll be like the rcm revo cases or flm maxx hybrid bulks, where you can fit a variety of 1/8 diffs
    I agree, and i will be suprised if not..

After some research, it seems like the CEN genesis diff is supposed to be 1/8 typical size.. So i just went and bought one on ebay now, to see for myself, if it fits the LST alu housing. By looking at pics of the pinion/ringgear/bevel gears, it does look ALOT more beefy than the lst, thats for sure.. Dont know if it is that much better though..

Second reason for buying it, was to use it`s internal gears in my flux diff if it doesnt fit the 1/8 case.. I know several people have had success on that mod.

RC Qualifier
    Ola, im sorry to say it but I dont think they fit, the cases are too small... I tried with a regular savage diff, didnt work out. Arent the cen ring and pinion cast? Didnt hpi copy those gears while they did the bulletproof gears? And i thought that people were converting to cen diffs befor the "real" bulletproof gears came out because of the ring/pinion gears extreme pitch, not because of the internals :O. I have always thought that the cen internals were weaker then the current stock internals of the flux? I'm not trying to get you in a bad mood ola! I just wanted to share my thoughts (spelling..). It's all on rcm, I will try to find it if you want to read it . Man this took long to write on my cell...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Manne View Post
    bad mood ola
    That's a cool word, badmoodola
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Qualifier
    LOL

Yeah, i wasnt expecting much.. And i actually thought the BP`s was wider than "normal" 1/8 diffs? (my bad if not)
    But there is still a difference between the CEN and the Flux BP`s internals..
    The bevel gear pin on the CEN is supposed to be 3mm, and the flux is 2.5mm.. So i thought i might just buy one cheap, for comparing and perhaps make something out of it.. The pins and bevel gears keep busting on the Fluxes as well, and that`s what i did on mine the second time i used it

The 18 bucks it cost me with shipping, is worth it in the name of research, for the badmoodolaaaa

RC Qualifier
    MC:

I can┤t stop smiling! Haahaa, Try saying it with two D┤s and two L┤s, Badmoddolla

How┤s your truck these days? still beating it or is it resting on the shelf?

Ola, or should I say Badmoodola:

Do you mean the pin that are engageing in the two big gears of the six internals?

RC Qualifier
    Thats the pins i were talking about, yes Its the same pins the LST guys keep braking in the XXL diffs, so a upgrade to 3mm would be interesting there as well...

I got my new LST diff today, so when i get the shims, i expect a identity change to "goodmoodola" haha

I will most likely go with the XXL stock drivecups this time though.. Less shimming/modding to worry about..

Please do not bypass the language filter.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-11-2011 at 10:04 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe we should try to drill the lst outputs to 3mm?? I tried on the pinion tho...Hard as... A diamond... , but you drilled trough the pinion once Mc didn┤t you? to use the summit shaft for the center?

Yeah, and your "snappy" problem might get better since there won┤t be any shimming, then you will end up at my state of damage

RC Champion
    This is kinda cool. Kinda sorta like you know like... cool.

http://www.rbinnovations.com/Product...uctCode=IA2000

It's been fun. See ya.

RC Champion
    It looks pretty neat. Forced induction ftw!!! Hahahha

So is it belt driven from electronics (rx) or belt driven from the slipper or motor in some fashion???!!!

I wonder if it's as sturdy as it looks
    Last edited by anr2442; 04-11-2011 at 10:56 PM.

RC poster
    that looks pretty sweet... im sure it works too... they make the billet alum. wheelie bar for erevo too

RC Champion
    It seems to work from the motor shaft with a large O ring. What I don't like is the alu plate that is needed between the motor and motor mount to secure this thing. On my truck, it would bring the motor too far back. But the fan itself seems to be very functional and high output.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Champion
    hmmm... since it's driven from the motor shaft that means that you would have 0 cooling when sitting still. So i guess that and the metal plate would be the only issues.

I don't know about you guys, but i think the circles in the scoop make it look cheesy.
    Last edited by anr2442; 04-12-2011 at 10:34 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by anr2442 View Post
    hmmm... since it's driven from the motor shaft that means that you would have 0 cooling when sitting still. So i guess that and the metal plate would be the only issues.

I don't know about you guys, but i think the circles in the scoop make it look cheesy.
    I don't know about you but it's never sitting still when I use my revo, It's just not as much fun when it's not moving
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by anr2442 View Post
    hmmm... since it's driven from the motor shaft that means that you would have 0 cooling when sitting still.
    I have to say that I never had any over heating issue from my motor when the truck is sitting still.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Champion
    U guys are killin me here!!!

Ie. Sometimes I run 25/54 for speed runs. I measure temps with a gun when the truck is sitting infront of me. I guess if u never do speed Runs u wouldn't think about it.
    Being belt driven from the motor causes u to lose all air flow when u could alternatively be dropping the temps Alot faster with an electric fan
    Last edited by anr2442; 04-12-2011 at 10:47 PM.

RC Champion
    I haven't touched my ERBE all winter and this spring I got myself a RC helicopter so I have been flying that instead of playing with the truck. Last week I crashed the heli trying to do tic tocs so while waiting for parts to fix it, I got the ERBE out and ran it on 6S. I took my frustration of the heli crash on my ERBE and ran it real hard but other than a screw falling from the front bumper and a cracked front upper A arm, nothing was broken. After 3 sets of 6S lipos, the rear tires are bald
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Champion
    I haven't touched my ERBE all winter and this spring I got myself a RC helicopter so I have been flying that instead of playing with the truck. Last week I crashed the heli trying to do tic tocs so while waiting for parts to fix it, I got the ERBE out and ran it on 6S. I took my frustration of the heli crash on my ERBE and ran it real hard but other than a screw falling from the front bumper and a cracked front upper A arm, nothing was broken. After 3 sets of 6S lipos, the rear tires are bald
    yeah, I've come down with heli fever too, Haven't touched my truck since I got my first heli 4 months ago, now I have four and I'm not even comfortable flying nose in yet

you're progressing fast if your already trying 3d!
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC poster
    Candy76man, which 4 heli's do you have? I have E-Flite MCX2 as my beginner. I'm wondering which direction I should go to advance to the next level.

And I just received my 2nd ERBE. Debating on what I should do with it as well. Can't decide if I want to build it out into the ultimate basher or leave it alone.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
    yeah, I've come down with heli fever too, Haven't touched my truck since I got my first heli 4 months ago, now I have four and I'm not even comfortable flying nose in yet

you're progressing fast if your already trying 3d!
    Well I'm no 3D pilot yet, hence the crash trying tic tocs I did tic tocs before that successfully. 4 or 5 tic tocs and I'd bail out, and they were not very nice looking But the last time I just messed it up bad. I can hover in all directions (not inverted yet) I do forward flight, loops, flips in all directions, figure eights, circles in both directions, stall turns and I'm up to a point that my orientation is getting good enough to get myself out of trouble... Most of the time

Once you start with helis, it's like nothing else matters, other RC toys are lame in comparison. JMHO, no one has to agree.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC poster
    Mistercrash, which heli do you have? I am considering jumping to a larger onez instead of moving up to each of the next size trainers.

I have to agree about heli's. Flying heli's is what I always wanted to do but I ended up buying the RC's that stay on the ground. Now I want to do both.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bennett View Post
    Candy76man, which 4 heli's do you have? I have E-Flite MCX2 as my beginner. I'm wondering which direction I should go to advance to the next level.

And I just received my 2nd ERBE. Debating on what I should do with it as well. Can't decide if I want to build it out into the ultimate basher or leave it alone.
    Mine are all Walkera, I have a cb100 for indoors which is a flybarred 4 channel, I have a V200D01 which is a flybarless 4 channel, a V450D01 which is a flybarless 6channel and my newest one is a 4f180 which is basicly the same airframe as the V200 but it has a four blade main rotor head and three blade tail rotor, it is an extremely stable smooth flying heli. I learned the basics on the cb100 though.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bennett View Post
    Mistercrash, which heli do you have? I am considering jumping to a larger onez instead of moving up to each of the next size trainers.

I have to agree about heli's. Flying heli's is what I always wanted to do but I ended up buying the RC's that stay on the ground. Now I want to do both.
    I started last fall with Pheonix RC simulator on my puter. I simmed all winter learning about and practicing the basics. Then I bought a hardly used Align Trex 500 from someone on Helifreak.com. It had all of the good upgrades on it. Got myself a Futaba T8FG Super and a couple ******* 6S lipos and off I was hovering for a couple weeks and then I just took off into forward flight.

My second heli will be a Blade MCPX. CP heli flybarless that can be flown indoors. Great for rainy days and is very hard to break in a crash. And if it does break, it is dirt cheap to repair. I'm thinking it will be good to start practicing inverted flight and hover.

My dream heli would be a SAB Goblin 600.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Champion
    The ERBE is collecting dust ever since I took to the skies with RC helis. Been thinking of selling it.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Racer
    Helis scare me, since the prospects of catastrophic damage seems much higher. That said, my name isn't mister crash. =)

RC Racer
    Some stuff needed for this mod:

- 4 Losi LST XXL CVD shafts (ebay)
    - 4 15X21X4 bearings (Avid)
    - 4 8X16X4 bearings (Avid)
    - 1 set of stock carriers or RD Racing axles carriers (Been running those since around 2004, same set)
    - 1 set of M2C racing 17 mm hexes with 8 mm bore or what I used which is Traxxas 17 mm hexes that have been bored to 8 mm with a 3 mm hole for the pin
    - 4 RC Monster drive cups with 6 mm bore.
    Is this pretty much the same thing you need to do to the Emaxx? I did not see any rubber shielded 8x16x4 bearings on Avids site. They do have them in 8x16x5, would they work?

RC Champion
    I haven't touched my E-Revo in about a year. I guess that 8X16X5 would work. Maybe that is the dimension I meant to write at that time. I'm not sure, I can't really remember. I gotta go back to building my 14S16P Lithium Ion battery.
    Last edited by mistercrash; 03-11-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC poster
    I will use Traxxas Summit shafts all around this ERBE. I also want to try and fit them for the center shafts. This is what I have done so far. I put two set screws on either end of each shafts with blue Locktite and for added protection, I shrink wrapped the cross pins. The shrink wrap idea is from Dragonfueled in his thread

This is where I am for the center shafts.

Hey mistercrash, or anyone else who has experience with this mod, what is the best course of action for shafts? I am already running summits at each wheel and like the idea of running at the center too. I would rather mod them than the diff if at all possible. Thanks

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclearevo View Post
    Hey mistercrash, or anyone else who has experience with this mod, what is the best course of action for shafts? I am already running summits at each wheel and like the idea of running at the center too. I would rather mod them than the diff if at all possible. Thanks
    With LST diffs you pretty much have to do it like MC. The drill bit needed to bore out the summit coupling to 8mm is a 5/16 as it is 7.937mm.

Since you have to drill and thread the other holes, you may want to invest in a metric drill and dye set for the a 4mm size. If you cant find one or if its too expensive then get a 5/32 drill bit as it is 3.967mm. Then use some sacrificial 4mm hex bolts to thread the hole you just made with a socket and wrench. Its sketchy but it works fine with some patience.
    Last edited by anr2442; 03-19-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Champion
    The most durable option I used on my ERBE for center shafts is the Kershaw Design dogbones with 4 RC-Monster drive cups. You get the cups with either 6 mm bores for the ERBE diffs or the 8 mm bores for the LST diffs.
    Last edited by mistercrash; 03-20-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    It's been fun. See ya.

RC Champion
    I just read this entire thread! You're a great dad to your son, and you're incredibly talented for someone in Guelph :P

Great work mistercrash, what a great read-through this entire thread! =)

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast