RC Qualifier

Servo saver,,,,,

I put a new radio in my Slash so I took off the servo saver to get my steering centered. Well that wonderful spring came out after running it this morning. Is there a trick to getting it back in? Does anyone make a better servo saver? I have never had this happen on any of my other Traxxas kits. Also, if I order a stock servo savo does it come put together or does this involve more spring wrestling. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    sigh. i hated when that happened to me. it took me like 20 minutes to get it back in.
    ...true story.

If the spring comes out once, it will be easier for it to come out again. The servo saver blows apart to protect the servo. It usually happens when you hit something with the tires, but you can loosen it up during a crash and have it fall apart later.

I recommend the Kimbrough 121 if you still have the factory plastic geared servo. If you have a MG servo, get the 124.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    I didn't hit anything. lol I had never had one of those come apart like that. I put in a new receiver and took off the servo saver to get the wheels centered and ran it alittle on the floor at work and noticed the spring coming out. I have several Traxxas kits and this is the first time I have had this problem. I ordered two more stock servo savers at my lhs. Is the Kimbrough 121 nicer?

RC Qualifier
    Funny, this just happened to me today with the servo saver on my Slash. The same servo saver has been running without problems on my 2" extended FLM Pede for years now. I wonder if the new ones are weaker. I ordered the Kimbrough 121 as a replacement.

RC Champion
    If you have a metal gear servo, get this: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXS361&P=7

It's the one thing I can think of that I haven't broke yet.
    I WILL spank a nitro any day...guaranteed. :)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty XL-5
    If you have a metal gear servo, get this: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXS361&P=7

It's the one thing I can think of that I haven't broke yet.
    I am using the stock servo. Would this work with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Redman65
    Is the Kimbrough 121 nicer?
    It has a slightly stiffer spring, so it doesn't blow apart as easily as the factory servo saver. But if yours didn't blow apart from running into something... I don't know what to tell you!

Don't use the 124 with a plastic geared servo, as the spring is too stiff. You'll strip servo gears.

RC Qualifier
    cooleocool,

How do you know if you have MG or not? I'm running the stock 2075 and cannot for the life of me find any refrence to the gears...

Thanks in advance!
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Those gears are plastic.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool
    Those gears are plastic.
    Thanks for the information.
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam