RC poster

Newb With a question

Hey guys my names caleb and I'm new to the traxxas forums. I have been reading up on the slayer and am hoping you guys can answer a question for me.

I absolutely hate the way my Slayer handles and with some insight from you guys here I hope to improve it. I know that stiffer shock oils and springs will help along with sway bars. My question is what about a center diff? I have one in my possesion and it fits with no problem, BUT it lowers the gearing SUBSTANSIALLY!! I mean the Slayer is already low geared out of the box but it's much worse with the Revo Diff. Question is there any higher gear ratios for the Slayer? Like alot higher? I already stock wanted to go up 2 teeth on the clutch. Thanks for the insight guys.

the center diff for the revo will change the gearing like you said. the slayer center diff should be out sometime soon now. i've also heard that the rear brake kit helps also.

it's kind of funny you say it's geared low enough out of the box but i don't think it's geared low enough. i ended up putting a 14T clutch bell on mine. but of course i only run mine in grass. ANY clutch bell for a Revo will fit the slayer you can find them from 13T all the way up to like a 17 or so.

also try different positions with the front sway bar. i lowered the turn buckles to where about a half inch was sticking up out of the lock collar and it helped a ton keeping the front from dipping on one side and rolling the truck over when turning.

also if your name is caleb, you spelled your screen name wrong lol just kiddin.
    welcome to the forums.

RC Qualifier
    The truck is geared way to high for me. thats why i went to a 40 tooth spur gear and now im going to order a close ratio gear set for the trans so it want have so mush of a rpm drop when it shifts. Have you had your truck at the track yet? Cause i thought mine was fast to i took it to the track and learned i was very wrong!
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

RC Qualifier
    Lowered my gearing too, way better on track and coming out of corners

RC poster
    Thanks for the responses guys! My truck is blisteringly quick to accelerate, It uses first for maybe 1-2 seconds then shifts and hit top speed near the 80 foot mark on the straight.

RC Qualifier
    You think your truck is fast to you take it to the track....lol
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427