RC Racer

Grease Zirk on diffs

Has anyone ever put a grease Zirk on to the diff case so you don't have to remove the dif from the car to repack after wet running? It would cut down on my work load alot after wet running.

RC Racer
    I use marine wheel bearing grease our of my grease gun already so if I could just refill them each time it would save me a lot of time.

RC Champion
    But what happens to the old grease? Can't just keep shooting grease without removing the old grease.
    I have an RC problem...

RC Racer
    Most of the old grease gets pushed out when driving or dissolved in water when it's ran or seeps out over time

So, you just want to fill the entire diff case with grease? I suppose that would be beneficial if you want to keep all the water out and rotating resistance isn't your concern.
    "RED"

I'm not sure what your trying to grease exactly. Packing the diff case with anything wouldn't be advisable. You could pack the diff itself with grease but I think it would be impossible to fit a zerk fitting.
    Brushless Everything

RC Racer
    I pack the inside of the case and usually it prevents water from getting in and also reoils/grease the bearing it touchs
    Last edited by woodsy18; 03-28-2016 at 08:13 AM.

RC Racer
    Don't think there is enough room to mount a zerk fitting.

Actually I don't run my Maxx as hard as a lot of ya'll and the diffs have never given me a problem. I rarely even open them and if I do I just wipe out the old grease and put a finger full of grease on the gears and slap em back together.

RC Racer
    Your Maxx sounds like my revo never seen water or anything. But my Maxx is the all around mud and water car and diffs always have water and other crap in them after going out.

RC Racer
    I don't see why you couldn't drill and tap a fitting. My only worry would be the pressure of pushing grease into a closed area, it might just force some of the old out the sides. Try it and report back!
    E-Maxx 150A and 2100kv 4-pole

RC Racer
    Have been looking at putting one on but there's no really good spot to put it on with out it hitting something on the ring gear