With the agreement of “IT’S Me“ from RCM I post my step by step process to make this mod.
1: It will be cheaper if you have already:
- Center dog bone.
- 4 old and unused drive shafts. (replace 1/8 diff output shaft )
2: It cost me (include shipping cost to Canada):
- 2 x LST 2 diff = $43 us ( 43/13)
- 4 x 1/8 diff output shaft + 2 x Drive cup - 8mm bore for 1/8 diff = $50 us
- 1 Dog Bone center kit from Kershaw = $ 55
- Bow ˝ pvc (Fem to Fem) + 1” join = $0.50
First, I cleaned the diffs and put Gorilla Swat in it and change the 4 diffs output.
When I put them back together and tighten the ring to the cup, it was impossible to turn the diff by hands.
I noticed that the RC monster output was a little bit too long so I had to shave them to the appropriate length. Once shaved the diffs output, it worked perfectly!!