RC poster

Stampede VXL to rustler conversion

What parts do i need to convert my stampede VXL to a rustler? Alsp what is the difference between the rustler and the bandit? Thanks in advance

RC Racer
    You need the chassis,steering crank set up,front body mount,wheels & tires,body,and rear shocks.I think that's it maybe rear arms i have to check.If i forgot something please add to the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by raymanh
    What parts do i need to convert my stampede VXL to a rustler? Alsp what is the difference between the rustler and the bandit? Thanks in advance

RC Qualifier
    I just did this a few weeks ago. Trust me, your best option is to buy a Rustler roller off eBay. There are so many tiny little extra parts to buy to convert that the cost of an eBay roller is usually pretty close to doing the conversion piece-by-piece, and it's considerably easier as well. As a side benefit, you'll be left with a Stampede roller in case you want to switch back or use it for spares/other projects.

As a side note, a Bandit roller will also work for this (and is usually easier to find on eBay), because between a Stampede and a Bandit you'll have all the parts you need for a Rustler. With this approach, though, you won't have a complete Stampede roller left over.