RC Champion

Question sway bar adjustment

this may be a stupid question to some because ive been a gm mechanic for over 20 years but what would the difference be if you shortened the sway bar links,just like they are it handles great,but they do have a wrench boss and are threaded,i was looking at them and was wondering(what if?) and i couldnt think why it would matter or what difference it would make,any answers?
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

Quote Originally Posted by cadmanslayer46
    this may be a stupid question to some because ive been a gm mechanic for over 20 years but what would the difference be if you shortened the sway bar links,just like they are it handles great,but they do have a wrench boss and are threaded,i was looking at them and was wondering(what if?) and i couldnt think why it would matter or what difference it would make,any answers?
    It wouldn't make any difference the only reason they are adjustable is the links are jato turnbuckles.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

if one is longer or shorter than the other it may handle screwy i think they have to be the same length. the only thing i think would make a difference is where they are mounted on the sway bar itself (higher or lower) i think the higher you mount the links the softer and lower the stiffer.

i'll have to look at that in my instruction sheet that came with mine. i think it did say something about shortening and lengthening the links but i don't know what it does.

RC Champion
    i didnt think so ,i have mine set at 1/8th inch in rear and about 5/16 in the fnt
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC poster
    the links on the sway bars are adjustable to make them respoawned sooner if you shorten them.so it is part of the handleing of the sway bar set-up.for soft tracks ,lshorter is better ;for rough tracks longer is better. you will need to do your on set-up at the track you will race at.