RC Champion

Beadlocks cheaper?

Is it just me or did the price of the Proline Epic Beadlocks go down on Tower? They are $22.59. I swear they were about $27 a week ago. I might have to pick some up now.

RC Competitor
    thats a good price. i paid 25.99 for mine

RC Qualifier
    alot of people seem to have problems w/ the epics not holding tires on.
    Long live Duck Tape!

RC Champion
    I would only be using them on a stock Slash. I don't think it would be that big of an issue then. I want the option to be able to use road tires or even the Switches on the wheels and have it look close to scale still. It would let me run on road with friends or go to the track as well which is a nice idea for me.

RC Racer
    I was having some problems with my Epics not holding the tires and I got to looking at the rings and there are 2 sides to the rings. 1 side is kinda beveled and the other side is more flat and a sharper edge, you have to put the flat side in toward the tire. After I flipped mine around that way I haven't had a problem yet.

RC Qualifier
    I think they should be ok with a stock Slash, I've had trouble keep galdiators on them while running 3s (mm, medusa 3300) but they don't seem to have a problem while I am running on 2s. I put shoe goo on them (hoping it will come off when I need it too) for the 3s, hope this works. It would be hard putting CA on them (would defeat the purpose of beadlocks) because I don't think you can put them together in lesss than 60 sec.
    E-Maxx-Dual KD700HOs, 5s
    (Rustler & SLASH too!)

RC Qualifier
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SWH in MD
    I think they should be ok with a stock Slash, I've had trouble keep galdiators on them while running 3s (mm, medusa 3300) but they don't seem to have a problem while I am running on 2s. I put shoe goo on them (hoping it will come off when I need it too) for the 3s, hope this works. It would be hard putting CA on them (would defeat the purpose of beadlocks) because I don't think you can put them together in lesss than 60 sec.
    I thought the same thing. I glued gladiators onto the epics this morning and was very easy. You do have to work quickly. I did the back side first and then the front. I put a crap load on just to make sure. I know that gluing the tires is defeating the purpose of these wheels but they just plain don't work with any tire but Switch's. If you look at the back side of the bead on the Switch's tire you will see a special groove that the inner wheel fits into. On any other tire such as the Gladiators they do not have that groove. All my friends with the Epics have the same problem. Most of us are running brushless which doesn't help. After gluing the Gladiators onto the Epics and a full day of bashing and track racing I will definitly say that I am finally happy. And OMG these Gladiators are killer.

RC Competitor
    One more thing... practice putting the wheel together several times before you try the glue.

RC poster
    I wish I had found these problems before i bought the beadlocks and gladiators.
    one beadlock rim arrived with a stripped hole (brand new). The screw just keeps turning. GREAT!!!
    Also, they last about 2 mins before they spit the tires off with 2S. Not impressed at all. Think I will get RPM revolvers and go back in time to the days of good old trusted CA glue....which i despise....