RC poster

Question New in the Summit world !

Hey everyone !

I'm asking a question here, cause i don't know what to do, i got a chance to put my hand on a Summit, but with a weird motor / Speed control :

Dynamite 130-AMP 4WD SCT-1/8 brushless
    Dymanite DYN4960 Brushless motor with a 16p gear (2500Kv)

Any idea if it's gonna work fine ?? I've ask a friend with a summit, and he can't tell me if it's good or bad thing.

thanks

RC Qualifier
    The second will probably be good for up to 4s lipo. The motor, that's another story. That esc and motor setup is for a short course truck, weighing about half of the summit, so you'll likely have overheating problems. But if you still wanna use that setup then use a 68 tooth spur gear, and a 12 or lower 32pitch/0.8mod pinion gear with a 5mm hole.

RC Qualifier
    Sould be fine. Just get a smaller pinion. Maybe a 13t. Don't exceed 4s either.

RC poster
    I'll give it a try anyway, but only using 3S Battery since previous user was running 6S.

He was telling me that it was really slow and lack power.

I'll first try it, and if it's a real problem, what brushless motor shoud i get to be able to keep my ESC ?

That motor is rated for a maximum of 12.6 Volts per manufacturer specs.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Problem will be solved in a matter of week, i just order a Castle 2200kv brushless motor ! (From a e-revo)

Should be far enought ! =)

RC Qualifier
    I put the MXL6 and Castle 2200kv motor in one of my summits and it has worked very well. At 14t pinion it was very fast. geared it all the way down to 11t pinion and it crawls very well, still bashes pretty good in high gear, nice set up. No overheating, cogs a little at very slow speed.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

Yup that motor is too small for a summit. Speed controller should be ok on 4s with proper gearing but also at the bottom edge.

RC poster
    Sweet, thanks all for your answer ! =)

RC poster
    Well, i got a good and a bad news !

Good one : Even if the Fuse 2500kv only take 12V max, It can stand more than enought power for a Summit. I've done a bot of crawling and a bit of speed, and everythig whenn silk smooth.

Bad news : I'm not sure if i'm gonna keep my Castle 2200Kv witch is still on his way. I think i'll give them both a try and choose after !