RC poster

New member of the Summit Crew plus...

I just bought a Summit yesterday. I went ahead and ordered some spare parts; steel velocity drive shafts, aluminum outer drive shafts by integy, and aluminum A arms. I am new to this so I could use some advice please. What do I need to do to install these parts? Is it very difficult? Do I need anything else at the moment? What are your guys' thoughts and opinions? Thanks in advance!

The best advice I can give you right now is to cancel at least the Integy driveshafts and the aluminum a-arms.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    I have to agree what ksb51rl and cancel the integy drive shafts and A arms. Personally I would NEVER go with aluminum A arms. Aluminum has no flex. If any thing I would get the T-bone center skid.

If your dead set on changing A arms look at RPM. I would just run the stock until they broke. I do recommend the RPM bumper mounts.

Other than that I would just run it and upgrade as needed. The summit is a very durable truck.

Just my opinions.

RC poster
    Thanks for the quick responses. I will go with the rpms eventually then.
    Last edited by Sparkypyro; 08-20-2015 at 01:50 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I am a firm believer that the engineers at Traxxas know what they are doing. I would be careful in upgrading some items that are designed to break before other expensive parts like the tranny and diffs. I have spare drive shafts, Center drive shafts, a arms, bumper guards, body posts etc. They are all stock, and I keep them that way. IMO I would keep some of the breakable spare parts around for when you do tear those up. Have fun and enjoy the beast.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

RC poster
    I took " The Beast" out for its first run yesterday. Omg, so much fun! One of the neighbors was out walking their dog and the dog started chasing it around! Too funny! She ran inside and grabbed her phone so she could start recording it

RC poster
    Just to reinforce what the other guys have said, pretty much don't use aluminium on highly moving or stressed parts like A Arms or drivelines. Hope this helped!
    A Breakage Is Merely An Excuse For An Upgrade!

Now with all the anti-aluminun sentiment out of the way, think of how much better a summit slow crawler with a LOT of weight down low would be.

Ie aluminum arms, aluminum steering knuckles, aluminum hubs.
    Throw on some aluminum rims and you have a pound of low center of gravity hugging your summit on to rocks.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC poster
    I appreciate all the advice. I'm looking into getting the RPM equipment now. The RPM bumper mounts, are they the same for the E Revo and the Summit? It doesn't specify on the site if they're for the summit, however, knowing that the chassis is the same as the E Revo I would guess that they're interchangeable?