RC Champion

Exclamation Emaxx or Summit?

maain things are price and will the summit handle mild brushless power? i cant really decide coz i want to tackle some tough terrain but still be able to bash and have some speed. i really dont know what to get! any vids of summit flat out in second?

thanks in advance!
    vxlpede
    wkcrawler
    minirio
    1/8nbuggy
    1/16vxl?

RC Racer
    Not sure if you read My Thread (click)

But it's similar and may help answer your question.

I'm leaning toward the Summit....

RC Racer

I am not so sure anymore.

I was convinced that I was going to buy a new Summit. But after reading so many posts on this forum about how these Summit's are breaking (part 5678), I am not so sure now....

RC Racer
    A Traxxas employee has come on these boards and stated that their were a batch of defective parts that they had received and that they will replace that defective part under warranty.
    Mines running strong with lots of bash time and no broken parts yet. Maybe today I'll break something so I can work on her a little and get to know her better.
    Last edited by Alectric; 02-19-2009 at 08:00 AM.
    Sig edited for content.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Alectric
    A Traxxas employee has come on these boards and stated that their were a batch of defective parts that they had received and that they will replace that defective part under warranty.
    Mines running strong with lots of bash time and no broken parts yet. Maybe today I'll break something so I can work on her a little and get to know her better.
    Which posting was it? I didn't know a Traxxas employee commented officially on this issue.

Dave

RC Racer
    sorry dave I should have posted the link. Im using the iphone to post and havn't figured out how to copy and paste links on it yet. Anyway it's post # 208 by peteV in the "I broke my Summit already" thread
    Sig edited for content.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    my summit is holding together. 2 parts have broke. a bumper mount and an arm. other than that the truck has had no issues at all. and if you se emy bashing vid or are familiar with my rc driving style you wil lknow that i am not very gentle on the vehicles.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Racer
    Ya, I saw your YouTube video and your correct abuot not being gental. I enjoy abusing her myself
    Sig edited for content.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nu64man
    Which posting was it? I didn't know a Traxxas employee commented officially on this issue.
    Dave
    This post.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by egnix
    Thanks egnix!
    Sig edited for content.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Stampedeboy
    maain things are price and will the summit handle mild brushless power? i cant really decide coz i want to tackle some tough terrain but still be able to bash and have some speed. i really dont know what to get! any vids of summit flat out in second?

thanks in advance!
    I think you will be underwhelmed by the Summit's speed if you're looking for something fast. With 6 cell NiMH I would guess it's doing maybe 15 MPH? I can strap a GPS to mine and find out for you.

This is a hobby class truck so of course you can make it go faster if you want speed. You can either dive right in and start performing upgrades and see how it works out or wait a while to see how successful others are at doing it. But there's not a lot of information out there right now because the truck is so new.

There are some discussions on the forums that you can read through regarding brushless and I believe there's a video of a brushless Summit.

RC Champion
    I just checked mine, it was 20 degrees and snowy. Mine did -

17.2mph on two Orion 4600mah 6 cell packs.

18.4mph on two 2S protek 4000mah lipo packs
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Racer
    get both i bought an e-maxx a few months ago and have done many upgrades and saw the summit and bought had to buy one. i love mine hasnt broke yet.

RC Competitor
    I just checked and had 16.4 mph on two 3000 mah 6 cell packs.

RC Qualifier
    and yes the tanny will handle mild BL power.
    My T-maxx eats nitro and poops Savages
    T-maxx 3.3

RC Champion
    i think alot of the trani/parts are the same in the 2 trucks which is actually a let down in the long run...

the summit is fun i have the mmm/2200kv neu in mine and well lets just say that when people say the diff gears cant handle it there right...(2) 5k mah 7 cells has broken 1 plastic cvd, broken an ear off of a metal one and actually twisted another metal one...also broke both bumper mounts at the track..and knocked a few teeth off of the rear internal diff gears (because the teeth arent boxxed like some other larger trucks diff gears are)(which i thought the diff gears were the same as the e-revo) and traxxas please o please produce some metal shock rod ends

btw i took it to a-main hobbies and raceway the other day...everybody in the place wanted to try it out..including the owner and his buddy...they tore it up like it was a losi eight....they were amazed at how well the motor handled for a sensorless and at how well the tires held up...but the truck doesnt take jumps to great...good air handling but bad landing

long story short...im putting the 775 back on and permanently locking the diffs for crawling because thats where this truck really shines...then the mmm will go on an e-revo or my savage xl chassis i have sitting
    @ 80% for years?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    the emaxx is a truck that i really love. own 5 emaxx trucks and each one is different from the others. the summit is half monster truck and half rock crawler. i love my summit. nice solid truck. depends on what you want to do with the truck. if you want alot of high spee daction get an eamxx. if you want to do some crawling with a top speed of mid 20's or so the summit is for you. now teht ruck is HUGE. pictures dont do it justice.
    Last edited by 69Malibu; 02-19-2009 at 07:39 PM.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Champion
    well i decided that one fast truck (sig) and a cxrawler would do me well but the EMAXX IS STILL MAYBE A REPLACEMET FOR MY PEDE?!

THANKS FOR HELPING GUYS!
    vxlpede
    wkcrawler
    minirio
    1/8nbuggy
    1/16vxl?