RC Qualifier

Nitro guy here convince

hello everyone My name is David. ive been in this hobby since 2003 with my 1st truck being a sprotmaxx. 1 revo 5 t-maxxes and 1 savage later i have come to the Realization that you electic guys have some very Highly sophicated setups. Ive been reading alot of forms in the BL Revo form and watching videos and im blown away at some of the speed you guys are getting. and with the summit the insane runtimes on a single charge. When i saw the summit for the first time is was like falling in love with the hobby all over again. the butterflys are there. and everything.!. So i must concede that electric has made a place in my heart. Dont get me wrong nothing could take me away from my T-maxx i love it dearly. Which one is better well to be fair i think they are the same becoz both have pro's and con's. and if you think about it electic and nitro are all on the same team Traxxas. So if you guys see me on here asking question that have a simple answer plz dont yell at me. im learning as i go.

P.S 1 question why can a BL system put out so much more power than a Brushed motor? is it the timing? or what
    My T-maxx eats nitro and poops Savages
    T-maxx 3.3

RC Qualifier
    ahh a nitro guy coming over to the green side of things.. nice to hear. I hope you buy a Summit and run the daylights out of it.

P.S.- if your looking to go BL, the summit probably isnt for you.
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Qualifier
    the brushless motors are more effecient are draw more amps. they can use the input power better and turn it into higher output power. if you put enough volts into a brushed motor they can have alot of power and speed too, but per volt, bl systems have it made.
    Emaxx 3905 FS in the market place.

RC Qualifier
    I C and no im not looking to go BL on the summit. the stock setup with lipo's will work just fine. thanks guys for your answers.
    T-maxx 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    I started with electric and love it. Run times are long enough to get the butterflies out, waterproof is possible, and you can charge a LiPo pack 300+ times. Also, when you get tired with the stock speed, throw in a brushless system and the butterflies are back.
    Monstered Slash/Mamba Max - Stock Summit

RC Qualifier
    OMG!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CAME INTO THIS FORUM AND ASKED SUCH STUPID, IGNORANT QUESTIONS. OH MY LORD, YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MAN ALIVE..... J/K,, Welcome and enjoy your stay. If you are interested in Brushless I would wait for the Brushless ERevo... Anyway, welcome aboard...
    If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with!!!

RC Champion
    I am also a nitro guy but im probably going to get the new mini revo for ease of use and its waterproof. Sure i love nitro but i want to just go out and drive whenever i feel like it with no tuning and i wont have to worry about noise late at night or early in the morning. I Would definately buy a summit but i dont have the money (I'm 15 and no job yet).
    Racehorse duct taped to a scud missile fast.

RC Racer
    Definitely get a brushless E-Revo. The best performance vehicle on the market. Period. I love mine, and when Traxxas finally releases the pre-upgraded ones they will be all the more common.
    'Ralph'--MMM--HC 9XL--Rhino 2s 4900--DX3S

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMWICKED
    OMG!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CAME INTO THIS FORUM AND ASKED SUCH STUPID, IGNORANT QUESTIONS. OH MY LORD, YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MAN ALIVE..... J/K,, Welcome and enjoy your stay. If you are interested in Brushless I would wait for the Brushless ERevo... Anyway, welcome aboard...
    LOL laughing the hole time i was reading that and my wife looking at me funny from across the room I love the revo but i do think the summit is for me For now i love the all around fun factor. thow the BL revo will be in my to get list here in the future. i just got a new charger off ebay 38 $ its a Dynamite DC Vision Peak Ultra Charger DYN4057 It should be here anyday now.
    But i have to wait on the summit until after mar becoz of vaction then i got the go ahead from the wife.
    T-maxx 3.3