Thread: Mount for LRP?

RC Racer

Mount for LRP?

Hey all, so after having gotten back into RC cars back in '05 with the original Revo, I just picked up myself another Revo. I could not get my old user login to work on this site so I'm starting fresh, but please don't blow me off as a newb
    I have been into electric for quite some time ow, and am actually pretty surprised by how much some of the aftermarket nitro/Revo stuff has gone away. New Era models is out of business!?!? Oh my word...
    Anyhow, I am wanting to do a real nice build with the Revo and at the heart is going to be a big block. I am still up in the air on what motor to go with but after all the research I've done it's looking like the LRP .28. I really wanted a motor that was ez-start compatible but that's OK, I'll live...
    Question is, what mount will work for it? I have seen that of course the New Era mount is ideal, but save for one guy who has one listed for $500 on Ebay (no joke), I don't think I'll find one. I found posts mentioning that the TRX mount will not work, so as far as I see the only other option is the Ofna mount. Any idea if that will work with the LRP?
    Any other suggestions for a motor? It's really just a glutinous build so I'd rather have something larger than the 21TM although I am a fan of OS motors.
    Would a high-end .21 be better than the LRP?
    Thanks guys.

RC Enthusiast
    traxxas big block kit wild fit, I use it myself. you must move the gearbox forward and cut engine mount where there is a trace. I use rotor start but think pull start wild fit to. I use savage clutch and clutch bell

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by revo .28 View Post
    traxxas big block kit wild fit, I use it myself. you must move the gearbox forward and cut engine mount where there is a trace. I use rotor start but think pull start wild fit to. I use savage clutch and clutch bell
    Awesome, this is a relief.
    When you say move the gearbox forward, how are you achieving this? Are you slotting the holes in the chassis?

RC Enthusiast
    yes you can do that, I drilled new holes about 5 millimeters forward and then cut out a bit of chassis to create a bit more room for the brakes. I had to grind and little arms for engine mount for better adjustment to the spur gear. if you want to see pictures, you can start a thread on http://www.nitrorcnerds.com/forum where i can add a photo, I can not do it here my name there is norway
    Last edited by revo .28; 07-08-2015 at 12:11 PM.

RC Qualifier
    why a big block? I had an LRP 30x in my revo and it was WAY too much for the chassis. It would perform endless wheelies but was completely useless on the track (and broke a ton of parts).
    Revo 3.3, EMBE 6s, ERBE 6s (x2), Summit 4s

RC Enthusiast
    putting a lrp .28 in my revo is the best decision I've made so far, but I am just a basher

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rock-rod View Post
    why a big block? I had an LRP 30x in my revo and it was WAY too much for the chassis. It would perform endless wheelies but was completely useless on the track (and broke a ton of parts).
    Honestly just for fun, I race quite a bit (all electric 1/10 scale) and I just want this for a fun build. That's the point of the hobby, right?
    Believe me, I have had a lot of nitro and electric basher vehicles, Revos (nitro and electric), Savages (nitro and electric), Monster GT, Maxx's, MT4G3, LST, Flux XS, many MT2's, list goes on and on. I know exactly what the big block power is like and how excessive it is in a Revo but again, just for fun.
    I have not seen a single track race monster trucks around here for several years now so track setup is the last thing I am worried about with this truck. I'm doing all steel gears, LST 2 diffs, MIP axles, RD Logics, hubs... Just an excessive basher that will likely be more fun to build than drive.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by revo .28 View Post
    yes you can do that, I drilled new holes about 5 millimeters forward and then cut out a bit of chassis to create a bit more room for the brakes. I had to grind and little arms for engine mount for better adjustment to the spur gear. if you want to see pictures, you can start a thread on http://www.nitrorcnerds.com/forum where i can add a photo, I can not do it here my name there is norway
    Thank you, I started a thread over on that forum and will check out your pics there.