RC Qualifier

Question Understanding brushed and brushless specification

Iím trying to understand the classification or how to categorize brushed and brushless motors. For instance the power output of the motor (turns, Kv rating, so on and so forth). I have been doing some searches but have not found all of what I am looking for. If someone could redirect me to where I might be able to find this information or could tell me would be greatly appreciated.
    -----The iceage is over, embrace the voltage.-----

RC Qualifier
    I hope my question isn’t confusing.

RC Qualifier
    well, what exactly do you want to know? are you asking what kvs and turns mean?
    Emaxx 3905 FS in the market place.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry if I wasn’t clear but yes someone clarifying up Kv ratings and other information that brushless motors are rated by would be greatly appreciated. I'm rather certain I know what turns mean (Which applies to brushed motors, more turns more torque less rpm’s, less turns less torque more rpm’s, correct?).

RC Qualifier
    alright kv is rpm per volt. this is the voltage total of your batteries times the kv equals the motor rpm. higher voltage requires lower kv so you dont push the motor to too high rpms
    Emaxx 3905 FS in the market place.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Check this site out for a good explanation of brushed vs brushless motors.

http://www.hooked-on-rc-airplanes.co...rc-motors.html

"KV is the voltage constant. This is how many RPMs the motor wil turn for each volt applied. For my 5s 2200 Kv set up means the motor spins 40,700 RPMs, assuming 1005 efficiency.
    Last edited by mkrusedc; 02-11-2009 at 10:25 PM.
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrusedc
    Check this site out for a good explanation of brushed vs brushless motors.

http://www.hooked-on-rc-airplanes.co...rc-motors.html

"KV is the voltage constant. This is how many RPMs the motor wil turn for each volt applied. For my 5s 2200 Kv set up means the motor spins 40,700 RPMs, assuming 1005 efficiency.
    Thanks for the link. I went through this and I could not see any reason why a brushless motor could not run in water. Is this correct?

If yes, then the only thing needed to make a waterproof BL truck is a waterproof ESC. I saw a link a few days ago on one of these.

Last is the problem of the batteries. I understand LiPO and water do not mix well. That means using NiMH on BL, and that's going to be a problem given the current drain of a BL system.
    E-Maxx on NiMH / Savage Flux on LiPO