I was told it might not be possible. Last night I pulled the motor out, opened the rx box and installed a Novac 4s lvc with little mod.
For anyone who is interested. I have received alot of great info on this forum and would like to contribute the best I can. Here we go, please bear with me.
1. the T-lock control needs to be pulled off the receiver and double side tape also needs to be removed and discarded to make for more room.
2. on the inside of the rx box cover is a small nipple which needs to be ground down to make as much room as possible (I was able to fit it without removing with the dremel, but I recommend removing, it makes for a better fit)
3. fish the lvc power wires (red/black) with out pulling out the rx, which is double sided to the bottom of the box or pull out the rx to make it easier to fish.
4. wire in your LVC and place it on top of the rx first, then the t-lock control on top of the lvc and it should all fit in there like a glove.
5. fold in all wiring and place were room allows, lock down wire harness, put cover back on and you should be ready for dem' lipos.
Hope this helps.
I love the lipos in this thing . I own the 3906 e-maxx and now the summit. The summit is everything the e-maxx is and a ton more. Going form 6 cell nihm's to lipos was like having a whole new summit. I can't wait to get home today do some serious rock climbing oh yeh! The LED's at night are a hit with the nieghbors.