Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by akrimmel
    did you do that on purpose or were you trying to test it out?
    I wasn't trying to break it I was just seeing how fast it was from a stand still and pop it broke. Tech support said they have one on the way for me though.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by akrimmel
    well if they build these in order by the number on the chassis and compair the broken parts to chassis numbers it could be done that way possibly.
    this is a good idea! our trucks have serial numbers. and iam sure traxxas has when each one was built...giving on time frame, and letting people know that there truck might have the bad ones!

lets say they get the part from a couple trucks. they ask for number on truck, that that information they can look at the time and when the truck was put together. then issue a announcement saying that if your truck has a number between the numbers xxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxx, your truck might have a improper part in there truck and let them know so they can issue a new correctly put together part!

i think this could work! just a guess.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by flypinoy26
    this is a good idea! our trucks have serial numbers. and iam sure traxxas has when each one was built...giving on time frame, and letting people know that there truck might have the bad ones!

lets say they get the part from a couple trucks. they ask for number on truck, that that information they can look at the time and when the truck was put together. then issue a announcement saying that if your truck has a number between the numbers xxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxx, your truck might have a improper part in there truck and let them know so they can issue a new correctly put together part!

i think this could work! just a guess.
    They already have the info or at least they should. I registered my Summit just I have every other RC vehicle that offers registration. They have your name. They have your address. They took my registration number and cross referenced it with my name when I asked them to warranty my part. My two cents.

RC Qualifier
    Has someone written up a guide on how to replace part 5678? I thought I saw something once (or maybe it was unrelated) but can't find it now.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dkur4000
    They already have the info or at least they should. I registered my Summit just I have every other RC vehicle that offers registration. They have your name. They have your address. They took my registration number and cross referenced it with my name when I asked them to warranty my part. My two cents.
    I figure since the Summit has only been shipping for a few weeks, they have likely only made one or two lots. Therefore, chances are, they are all bad. Just my guess.
    OldSoldier

RC poster

Instructions: How to replace 5678

Quote Originally Posted by egnix
    Has someone written up a guide on how to replace part 5678? I thought I saw something once (or maybe it was unrelated) but can't find it now.
    Here is the link Traxxas support sent me when I requested my replacement 5678.

http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...%20Install.pdf
    You will need to take two extra steps not listed there.

1. Unscrew the servo horn from the differential locker
    2. Slide the suspension pin for the upper arm out to remove the differential from the bulkhead.
    OldSoldier

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dkur4000
    I wonder if a machined part would be better than a cast part?

I wonder if Traxxas knows for sure if the parts they are sending out are not a part of that 1%-2%.

I also wonder if a Summit had this bad part in one diff, does that mean that the other diff is bad too or is it luck of the draw?

It seems odd that most everyone reporting this issue reports it as the rear gear.

Just kicking around ideas.
    Mine was the front diff.
    OldSoldier

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for supporting the Summit, guys. Needless to say, we’re very disappointed about the broken-shaft issues, especially after the lengthy torture-testing we put the Summit through before giving it the OK for production. Unfortunately, it appears a small number of Summits came off the line with diff output shafts that are not up to our engineered spec. It is no more than a random, unexpected manufacturing issue. If you have a broken diff output shaft just call 1-888-TRAXXAS (872-9927), and we’ll get you taken care of. We have new shafts on hand to support you. There’s no reason to “drive in fear” of having a breakage issue. We designed the Summit to take the pounding that a truck like that begs to receive. Drive it with confidence and have some fun!!

For those of you replacing diff shafts, there are some shortcuts for removing the differentials from the Summit. At first glance it appears to be a monumental job, however the Revo platform the Summit is based on was originally engineered to be easy to service. Follow this link for a quick tutorial on the fast way to get the diffs out. We also made another troubleshooting article that gives details on how to replace the actual shaft. Find it here.

We believe the solution is at hand so we are going to go ahead and close the thread. If you have questions or concerns, give us a call.

Thanks again for supporting Traxxas.

RC Racer
    Thank you for responding! It says a lot in my book.
    Slower Traffic Keep Right.........

RC Competitor
    My only request is to feed the supply chain with parts ASAP. Not just the diff gear & pin, but also all the other Summit parts. After disassembling both the front and rear assemblies to replace the diff gear I need a way to replace the small bolts and other parts my shag rug eats when I'm not looking.