Aftermarket Radios and Diff-lock

Anyone run an aftermarket radio with their Summit and have the diff-locker servos working off of one channel like the stock TQ radio? If so, how did you do it, in particular, a Spektrum radio (DX5R).

Thanks.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Anyone run an aftermarket radio with their Summit and have the diff-locker servos working off of one channel like the stock TQ radio? If so, how did you do it, in particular, a Spektrum radio (DX5R).

Thanks.
    I think people were using the diff loc controller from the earlier models.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

I will be in the same boat soon as well. I'll have my Summit kinda LT build and a Bomber scratch build thar willl be using Summit locking diffs. I want to have both on ar the same time. Aftermarket or buy another Traxxis radio?

Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    I will be in the same boat soon as well. I'll have my Summit kinda LT build and a Bomber scratch build thar willl be using Summit locking diffs. I want to have both on ar the same time. Aftermarket or buy another Traxxis radio?
    Cool, looking forward to seeing it!!!

The locking diffs can be one with two separate channels, but Traxxas as them mixed off of one channel, and that is how I want to set it up on my DX5R.

You could buy a "y" servo harness and tie them both to one channel. If the Dx3r has a 3 position third channel than you can use the electronic diff lick circuit found on earlier summits.

On the Dx5r you should be able to set the diffs up through mixes, if not than again you the older summit electronic diff lock to set up both diffs on one switch.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

I'm scared now. I may do a servo which locks the both at once and call it done. Please enlighten the ignorant one (me) as to the old vs new stuff????

In the old am radio summits there was an electronic T-lock circuit that could make one channel control 2 seperate servos at different positions . It acted the same as the newer 5 channels summit radios act. But with this electronic gizmo you could make a 3 channel radio perform like a 4 channel radio. Provided that the channel had a 3 position switch.

So in short with this gizmo a 3 channel spektrum dx3r could lock the front and the rear diff independently. And the 4 channel dx4r could mimick the summit stock radio perfectly.
    Last edited by noir 522; 05-09-2017 at 09:02 AM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    In the old am radio summits there was an electronic T-lock circuit that could make one channel control 2 seperate servos at different positions . It acted the same as the newer 5 channels summit radios act. But with this electronic gizmo you could make a 3 channel radio perform like a 4 channel radio. Provided that the channel had a 3 position switch.

So in short with this gizmo a 3 channel spektrum dx3r could lock the front and the rear diff independently. And the 4 channel dx4r could mimick the summit stock radio perfectly.
    EXACTLY what I was looking for.

This should work with a DX5R... Hopefully. At $10, it is worth a shot!

RC Competitor
    that's what I'm using on my summit with a Futaba 4PL, you just need a 3 position switch
    "souvent fauché toujours marteau !"