Thread: Venom lipo??

RC Enthusiast

Venom lipo??

I recently won a gift card to my LHS and i am thinking of going lipo with the help of the card. i was wondering if anyone has ever used a venom lipo. I hear a ton of bad things about the nimh packs but never much about there lipos . this is the model in question http://www.rcplanet.com/Venom_20C_50...p/vnr1555t.htm

RC Qualifier
    I personally don't have one, but I have heard many GOOD things about their lipos. You're right...the nimhs suck hard core, but I think the lipos are actually pretty good.

RC Racer
    I've got one of the 3S Lipo's from Venom, granted I have only used it a couple of times but I haven't had any probs and the power output was quite impressive, so much so that I rarely use it because it it's so hard to control. The few times that I have mentioned on here that I have a venom Lipo when there have been problems with their NiMh batteries the remarks are that their Li-Po batteries are not too bad it is just their NiMh batteries that are suspect.
    Outback Rustler FLM- MM5700

RC Qualifier
    I have 4 of their 3S 5400 lipos. They are awesome in a Pede or Rusty VXL. I usually get between 40 minutes to an hour runtime off of one lipo. And the front wheels reach for the skies the entire time. They are great lipos. They have a relatively high retail 149.99 but I got all 4 of mine for $250
    [_,[UGA],
    l---L OlllllllO-
    (0)_) (0)_)---)_)

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the input i have no experience at all with lipos. what Balancers are you guys using for it. and finally i have heard about the dangers of lipo if not properly maintained, does this mean if i where to head to my local skate park id still want to use my nimh batteries or are lipos safe for heavy bashing ?

RC Racer
    The blinky Balancer is often recommended, have you got a charger which can charge Li-po batteries ? The li-po should be fine for your bashing as long as it is secured properly, you will probably find more threads on here about a NimH battery exploding than a li-po, just make sure it is balanced and keep an eye on it while charging, and store it in a safe place when not in use aswell, Li-po's aren't as scary as they are made out to be, just take the right precautions and all should be good.
    Outback Rustler FLM- MM5700

RC Enthusiast
    I have a Onyx 230 already so i am pretty set with the charger. Does the blinky plug right into the battery or will an adapter be needed. also has anyone ver used the venom ac/dc charger my LHS had a deal for it when you buy the battery

RC Enthusiast
    http://www.rcplanet.com/Venom_AC_DC_..._p/vnr0657.htm that is the link to the charger in question, thanks for all the help this forum has been a lifesaver

RC Champion
    I have that exact battery, charger and theblinky. It has been an awesome combo at the skatepark. I prefer it over my other batteriesbecause of the hard case. We broke a 7cell first time out on a concrete freefall.
    Screamin stable of Lipo'd brushless power!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yah, I have only heard good things about venom lipos.

Venom nihms though...
    An injured friend is the bitterest of foes

RC Qualifier
    I have the 2s 5000mah and I quite enjoy it. I had a small problem with the balancer plug pins coming out but I'd say that's my fault by pulling a little too much on the wires. I wasn't exclusively using the wires to disconnect the balancer plug, but I guess I still wiggled them out too much and they buzzed a bit. No damage to the pack, but I'm VERY conscious of the plug and only use the plastic part.

It's a good pack no doubt. And at my LHS only 10 bucks cheaper than the 3s..
    I get warning points just for having them.