Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!vi d vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    I run the Traxxas 7075 hard-anodized aluminum rocker posts, which are even lighter than the Lunsford Ti ones!
    I've had some issues with the aluminum ones bending, how are they holding up for you?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well, I am currently still building the truck, so it hasn't been run yet. I bash extremely hard, so if they bend, I will be able to bend them...heh! If they do bend, I guess I will try a set of Lunsford Ti ones...

Are any of you guys running the Traxxas hard-anodized aluminum hollow-balls? If so, have you noticed any issues with them, such as breaking or wearing faster than usual?
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasfan1
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!vi d vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid vid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    w/o motor this will be difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    Well, I am currently still building the truck, so it hasn't been run yet. I bash extremely hard, so if they bend, I will be able to bend them...heh! If they do bend, I guess I will try a set of Lunsford Ti ones...

Are any of you guys running the Traxxas hard-anodized aluminum hollow-balls? If so, have you noticed any issues with them, such as breaking or wearing faster than usual?
    I have bent 2 of the 4 aluminum rocker posts on my E-Revo. Didn't even know it until I had to change out some rockers. I also broke off 2 h.a. pillow balls after a very casual cartwheel (I call it casual because it was not a hard hit at all). The h.a. hollow balls have stood up well in both my nitro and E-Revo so far.
    Vantage/MMM/1515 Revo
    MMM/1518 Revo
    T-Maxx 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run Unlimited Engineering titanium pillow-balls, so I never have to worry about those, and it looks like I don't have to worry about the hollow-balls, but I guess I might need to swap out the rocker-posts to Ti now before I *have* to because of one getting bent! Thanks, man...I really appreciate it!
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Popoxx
    w/o motor this will be difficult

How much do we need to pay for you to take the electics out of your EMaxx, just so we can have a vid of the Revo???

Nah I'm happy to wait til April. My wallet has other priorities!

RC Qualifier
    Soooo Nice Popoxx, just love your build

Just one more thing a new drive shafts from MIP , what do you think of it?
    http://www.miponline.com/MIP/t-a10sc...n33,rvn33.html

RC Champion
    CLICK HERE Don't do it Popoxx!
    15" WB HCR Mutant-Maxx Castle UE FLM 3906

RC Champion
    E-maxx Sweden : thanks ! Concerning the driveshafts I'm very happy with the stock ones so far

Kcaz25 : pdcsq has ordered a Flux ( ) so I'm soon going to test the MMM combo I will see if I change my mind Suspense...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a way I like the suspense, because with it being Popoxx, whatever happens it will be fantastic I just like suspense to last hours, not weeks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by eemmaaxxxx
    In a way I like the suspense, because with it being Popoxx, whatever happens it will be fantastic I just like suspense to last hours, not weeks
    You gonna have to be patient. My Flux comes in middle of next week (left the US yesterday). I hope Popoxx batts fit in the Flux trays, otherwise we're going to have to wait for my own batteries, but these come only mid-April

In the mean time, I have plenty fun with my E-Maxx with stock Titans. Even Popoxx was surprised at how they can pull this beast.
    E-Maxx on NiMH / Savage Flux on LiPO

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdcsq
    You gonna have to be patient. My Flux comes in middle of next week (left the US yesterday). I hope Popoxx batts fit in the Flux trays, otherwise we're going to have to wait for my own batteries, but these come only mid-April

In the mean time, I have plenty fun with my E-Maxx with stock Titans. Even Popoxx was surprised at how they can pull this beast.

Sounds like you guys will have a lot of fun. You should make a joint vid of your truck bashing together. That would be cool.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like you guys will have a lot of fun. You should make a joint vid of your truck bashing together. That would be cool.
    Are you a soothsayer????

We ran together Friday and I've just finished the video.
    Once approved by Popoxx, it's up on YouTube.

RC Qualifier
    Are you a soothsayer????

We ran together Friday and I've just finished the video.
    Once approved by Popoxx, it's up on YouTube.
    It's here http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=465047

RC Champion
    E-maxx Sweden : thanks ! Concerning the driveshafts I'm very happy with the stock ones so far

Kcaz25 : pdcsq has ordered a Flux ( ) so I'm soon going to test the MMM combo I will see if I change my mind Suspense...

You will see the light . Don't forget to have him order the Castle link and cable so both of you can play with the PC setting

RC Champion
    ha double post can't delete. Any way great video guys... LOL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcaz25
    You will see the light . Don't forget to have him order the Castle link and cable so both of you can play with the PC setting
    I did of course! I'm a fairly poor driver, so I need to be able to tame the MMM power until I get more experienced...

RC Champion
    Popoxx. If you're worried about the MMM Combo not giving enough control to allow you to acurately minupulate the truck mid flite, I have something to show you!

If I can do this no telling what you can do!! I'm learning though, those were my first couple of flips here is my thread! http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...=452945&page=4 I just posted the vids.

I did of course! I'm a fairly poor driver, so I need to be able to tame the MMM power until I get more experienced...
    If you got the MMM version(not Flux). It comes in the box. Just download the software from the CC site.

RC Champion
    funny technique !
    Generally when I meet a tree it wins...

RC Champion
    funny technique !
    Generally when I meet a tree it wins...
    What can I say, I'm kindof a big deal... Anchorman Quote.

RC Qualifier
    If you got the MMM version(not Flux). It comes in the box. Just download the software from the CC site.
    I ordered a Flux, and it does not come with the Castle Link. Got it from eBay for $20

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice tree flipping! I tried that once with my Rustler VXL. As I was heading for the tree I thought either I'm just going to smash into the bottom and break a load of parts, or it's going to work flawlessly. Well, neither happened. I guess hit it a bit too fast. The truck went flying up the trunk, hit the bottom branches, and fell straight down onto one of the front wheels, breaking a load of parts Rustler 0 - 1 Gravity (assisted by tree).

So pdcsq and Popoxx, when can we expect the next dual bash vid??? The last one was soo good. I suppose you'll make one when the Flux arrives? Please

EDIT: I forgot to ask, when you did your bash vid, what did you use to film it? Do you have a video camera or just a normal camera in video mode?

RC Qualifier
    So pdcsq and Popoxx, when can we expect the next dual bash vid??? The last one was soo good. I suppose you'll make one when the Flux arrives? Please
    Don't know yet, when time allows. My Lipos arrive in about 2 weeks. In the mean time, I will upgrade a pair of NiMH packs with thick bars in order to run them in the Flux.

EDIT: I forgot to ask, when you did your bash vid, what did you use to film it? Do you have a video camera or just a normal camera in video mode?
    Shot with a simple DV camcorder. Edited with MovieMaker. But I think I did not select the right compression method in MM. I will also try to change the resolution in order to have the HD tag in YouTube.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well, It's April! Any news or parts arrived?

RC Champion
    Coming soon

RC Champion
    Don't know yet, when time allows. My Lipos arrive in about 2 weeks. In the mean time, I will upgrade a pair of NiMH packs with thick bars in order to run them in the Flux.
    You know, CC has been quoted saying both that if you use NiMh that you must use the very best packs possible and quoted saying if you run NiMh you run the risk of damaging the ESC. I guess you could limit the MMM with the link so that it doesn't demand so much from your batts but if I were you I would wait on the LiPo.

RC Champion
    Read what Mike(owner of RCM) and Patrick(owner of CC) have to say about lower quality batts: CLICK HERE

RC Qualifier
    You know, CC has been quoted saying both that if you use NiMh that you must use the very best packs possible and quoted saying if you run NiMh you run the risk of damaging the ESC. I guess you could limit the MMM with the link so that it doesn't demand so much from your batts but if I were you I would wait on the LiPo.
    I know about this. I've also seen plenty folks running the MMM on NiMH.
    As you said, I just have to limit some settings on the MMM to reduce the current draw. I think it's going to work.

Actually it HAS to work because the ***** are late. Not expected before month end now.

RC Champion

Brushless - Part 1

I received some new options and spare parts !!

Link : http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRJS5&P=ML

I use the same servos and radio (Futaba 3PM) with my E-Maxx, they are great
    FYI you can find here some comparison pics between the Futaba BLS451 servos and the Traxxas 2056/2075 ones : http://monster.traxxas.com/showpost....&postcount=127.

RC Champion
    Some pics of the build :

Can't wait to test this monster !!

pdcsq will receive his lipo packs at the end of the month so I will test the MMM combo at this time

Next step : SMC 6000mAh 28C 2s hardcase lipo packs (I need hardcase batts to use them with my E-Maxx too).

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Exciting!! A very good list of options. I cannot wait for pdcsq to receive his MMM and LiPO's!

RC Champion
    Thanks eemmaaxxxx
    Good idea this poll in the E-Maxx forum about MMM for sceptics like me

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks eemmaaxxxx
    Good idea this poll in the E-Maxx forum about MMM for sceptics like me

Haha. Well I wouldn't say I'm sceptical, I just havn't learnt about the MMM combo, and what batteries / gearing to run it on. When you are looking at spending $400 - $500 it's good to know what you are getting and what it is capable of.

I know you are in the process of building your second monster, but I am heading down the route of having one truck, which is bash proof and fast. Your build threads have helped me a lot, although I won't be copying your builds!

RC Qualifier
    Some pics of the build :

Popoxx, you should tuck all the servo wires inside the water tight box, it makes for a cleaner look.

RC Champion
    Of course I tried but one of the servo wire is too short. I will buy an extension

RC Qualifier
    So nice Popoxx, hope to find a video of this sooooon, this master pice of E-Revo (BL).

PS just got the FLM 3905 V2 chassi, it's so much better then the V1. Pic's soon.

Regards
    E-maxx Sweden
    Last edited by E-maxx Sweden; 04-07-2009 at 07:22 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Popoxx, you should tuck all the servo wires inside the water tight box, it makes for a cleaner look.
    I wouldn't get an extension, just tuck any excess wire in the box for a cleaner look as well as minimizing damage to any loose wire.

RC Champion

SMC lipo packs are here !!

Look at what I received today :

The battery leads are very short, and due to their special position (not the best...), I'm obliged to install the packs like this :

I will use a battery lead extension for the battery far from the ESC.

RC Champion
    And I have to install the packs in the middle of the box. So I use two retainer clips per box :

Tomorrow I will cut this part of the vent battery compartments I can't use and I will drill a 2mm hole in them so that I can close the boxes !

Pics of the mod tomorrow If you have a better idea please let me know !