RC Champion

Humm no balance plugs

Would it be safe to run a small heli lipo it doen't even have balance plugs it is 2s 1p and 1800mah(i think) but i got *** about 2-3yrs ago w/o any maintanance (I didn't know anything so don't give me greif) it was only charged 4-8 times could i use it for a fan since i just found it an i think it'll take a charge and no puffing
    My car learned how to fly then forgot the landing

RC Champion
    "They call it paradise I don't know why...
    Probably... I'd test run it first though. Its possible one cell has a it more leakage...
    Porsche wins 24 hours of Daytona for the 21st time

RC Qualifier
    I wouldn't use it. The VXL can pull some large amps that I don't think that battery will be able to safely supply.

EDIT: I thought you meant for your car. For a small fan it should be all right.
    Congatulations, you just read my signature

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrazyBuckeye
    I wouldn't use it. The VXL can pull some large amps that I don't think that battery will be able to safely supply.

EDIT: I thought you meant for your car. For a small fan it should be all right.
    come on give me some cred I actually had wanted to do it earlierb4 my first "car" lipo lucky i looked and saw lipo explosions on youtube but I think those are raritys mine sat w/o care for years and will still run electronics such as servos so I might try it to help my motor out

RC Qualifier
    Haha I'll give you credit. I rememeber when I took my Old Titan and purposely burned it out (went to a wall and floored it, leaving the wheels spinning) I was upset when it went out in 25 seconds But it was cool to see go up in smoke
    Congatulations, you just read my signature

Atleast you didnt do what my dad did with an old electric motor when he was a kid. He got a wall socket plug from an old lamp and spliced the wires, hooking up the positive and negative to the motor. He plugged it in and it literaly exploded. He said it turned really fast then BAM!
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 31794ty
    Atleast you didnt do what my dad did with an old electric motor when he was a kid. He got a wall socket plug from an old lamp and spliced the wires, hooking up the positive and negative to the motor. He plugged it in and it literaly exploded. He said it turned really fast then BAM!
    I took an xMod motor and attached it to 10 9-volt batteries.... Bye-bye...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lol porsche, did you put that on youtube? I Back when I had my X-mods I saw a video like that on youtube, that would be so ironic if it was you, lol. Ahhh, good ole' X-mods, too bad they always broke. :P
    An injured friend is the bitterest of foes

RC Champion
    those x mods were ok but i quickly gave up on it once i tried my first hobby level rc then that x mods car has been collecting dust

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yah, I actually was able to take mine back. Too bad, they were pretty fun. Lol, I had rechargeable batterys, the upgraded suspension, the tire kit, the lowering kit, the upgraded motor, the heatsink, and different gearing. I even ade a track in my basement by bending dry wall cornering and taping it down. My friend had a mustang and I had the G35, and we would race on the track and do drifting. Man, good stuff...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by VXL Beast
    Yah, I actually was able to take mine back. Too bad, they were pretty fun. Lol, I had rechargeable batterys, the upgraded suspension, the tire kit, the lowering kit, the upgraded motor, the heatsink, and different gearing. I even ade a track in my basement by bending dry wall cornering and taping it down. My friend had a mustang and I had the G35, and we would race on the track and do drifting. Man, good stuff...
    No.... I got the idea from him... Good fun! Almost as fun as attacking jangifying your car with a cutting wheel and having it blow up like a bloody grenade.

RC Racer
    Porsche; Ever try using xmod motors for batting practice lots a fun. until you have to pick it up
    Rustle & PEDE VXL
    E-MAXX 3906 AND 3905
    E-REVO

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lol to both of you!