RC Champion

No Tiebar on RPM Upgrade

So, I finished the upgrade and everything looks pretty nice. I had to get some extra bolts for mounting the shocks but everything else seems to be just fine. I wasn't able to get the tiebar on though. How important will it be to have it on there? If I really needed to, I could grind down the two points on the stock blukhead and then use the tiebar as part of the spacer I need to take up the extra space the rear RPM arms take. I would have to drill out the tiebar just a bit as well. Any ideas on if the tiebar is really necessary?

It really is not necessary, especially if you use an aluminum bulkhead.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    I'm using a stock bulkhead though so thought it might be useful in my case as I don't plan on getting an aluminum one for a while (at least until my spare goes as well).

Quote Originally Posted by healthyfatboy
    I'm using a stock bulkhead though so thought it might be useful in my case as I don't plan on getting an aluminum one for a while (at least until my spare goes as well).
    You'll still be ok, the tie bar helped stiffen up or as the name implies tie the two front suspension arms together. My truck started as an XL-5 and did not even have the tie bar.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    yeah i was wondering about this seeing as one of my front 2 e clips fell of letting i come loose and it hit something breaking it and taking the other e clip with it
    My car learned how to fly then forgot the landing

RC Champion
    "They call it paradise I don't know why...
    The tie-bar aside from helping handling is really just there to protect the bulkhead in an accident. It's worth the $1.39 or whatever it is though.
    Porsche wins 24 hours of Daytona for the 21st time

RC Champion
    yeah i dont wanna put an order out just for that though
    My car learned how to fly then forgot the landing

RC Champion
    When I did the Jato arm conversion on mine, I just got longer hingepins, allowing the use of 2 tiebars for extra ruggedabilityness
    RustyVXL, HPI RS4 Rally, RC18MT
    Mobius1 crashed!

RC Champion
    "They call it paradise I don't know why...
    Quote Originally Posted by StamJato
    When I did the Jato arm conversion on mine, I just got longer hingepins, allowing the use of 2 tiebars for extra ruggedabilityness
    Good idea and it essentially serves the same purpose as the fuel tubing. You note any extra friction or binding?
    Porsche wins 24 hours of Daytona for the 21st time

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by healthyfatboy
    So, I finished the upgrade and everything looks pretty nice. I had to get some extra bolts for mounting the shocks but everything else seems to be just fine. I wasn't able to get the tiebar on though. How important will it be to have it on there? If I really needed to, I could grind down the two points on the stock blukhead and then use the tiebar as part of the spacer I need to take up the extra space the rear RPM arms take. I would have to drill out the tiebar just a bit as well. Any ideas on if the tiebar is really necessary?
    Why wouldn't it go on anyway? I broke 2 stock bulkheads on a wide rusty in about 2 weeks before i went and did this yesterday:
    Screamin stable of Lipo'd brushless power!