RC Qualifier

In depth SPC LiPo review and comparisons

Well I ordered my first LiPo last Thursday. I placed two identical orders, and I received and E-Mail from SPC 10 minutes later notifying me about the situation. SPC saved me from making an unwanted purchase and $60. I then got an E-Mail Friday that my order has been shipped out. I recieved my battery Monday, in only 3 business days of my order! Talk about fast shipping! When I first recieved the box, all I noticed was how well it was packaged. It came covered in tape, and full of bubble wrap inside. When I got it open, there was a sheet of paper with a Spec Point Concepts pen as a free gift. The paper just notified me of my order. The battery had a sheet of paper around it notifying me with the hazard of LiPo batteries, and how to charge them.

The first thing I noticed about the battery was how high of quality it looked and felt. It had one layer of red wrap around it, then another layer of thick plastic wrap, that made it look very glossy. Another thing I noticed was the weight savings. After I charged and balanced it (took about 45 minutes to balance with Blinky) I decided to play around withy it. It wasn't until the third charge that I tested it.

*Speed is with Rustler VXL with Geolandars, geared 31/83 with Garman E-Trek GPS to track speed.

*Price is before shipping (with Traxxas plug for SPC)

Specs:

.................SPC LiPo (2s 5000).........................Trinity EP 7 cell 4600

Speed:...........46.9 MPH............................................... .47.5 MPH

Runtime:.......39 Minutes........................................... . 26 Minutes

Weight:.........245 Grams............................................5 40 Grams

Price:...........$57.45........................... ..........................$55.99

First Impressions: SPC
    Great customer service, great detail and notification, and fast shipping, with great prices.

First Impressions: Battery
    Pack looks and feels like high quality, with excellent craftsmanship. The Pack has a ton of power, and it seems to never wear down. Appears to accelerate faster, and I can wheeie while all ready moving a good bit.

Final Thoughts: SPC
    SPC is going to be the place for me to go when I need another battery. They have great prices, great service, fast shipping time, and awesome products.

Final Thought: Battery
    While the battery may be a tad bit slower, it out performs the 7 cell. It has power all the way to the end, power does not drop when you floor your vehicle, and I can pop wheelies from over 75% throttle. (NiMh about 20%) The pack has about 1/2 more runtime, and weighs over 50% less. If you haven't been able to choose a LiPo, I HIGHLY recommend this SPC Pack. It will not disappoint you at all

*****/*****
    (Five out of Five Stars)
    Last edited by TheCrazyBuckeye; 10-30-2008 at 03:52 PM.
    Congatulations, you just read my signature

Spec Point Concepts pen as a free gift
    Boy I better get one of those, with my recent order Yes SPC rules.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Champion
    Wow, $57? Not bad. What's the C rating on that SPC pack?
    XL-1 Pede + Novak SS brushless...old school baby!

Quote Originally Posted by asheck
    Boy I better get one of those, with my recent order Yes SPC rules.
    I didn't get a free pen with my nimh pack .I want a refund .Well,I didn't get a pen,but I did get more top speed,punch,runtime,and excellent CS so I guess I'll let them slide on the free pen

RC Racer
    ya spc is great i got there 3s 5000mah pack for my vxl system and its fast and realiable. good company

RC Champion
    Last week I got a free pen with my 8000 3s.
    [_] |||||||| [_]

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by wvchevy
    Last week I got a free pen with my 8000 3s.
    You mean you got a free LiPo pack with your $120 pen!
    XL-1 Pede + Novak SS brushless...old school baby!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Pede
    You mean you got a free LiPo pack with your $120 pen!
    LOL That's one way of putting it!
    [_] |||||||| [_]

RC Champion
    very nice review man!

i want a 3's pack from SPC! my 2's from china exploded after a couple of runs coz the balancer wires weren't even conected! i pulled them out with my hands!
    vxlpede
    wkcrawler
    minirio
    1/8nbuggy
    1/16vxl?

RC Champion
    Sandy, Utah you can find me at the construction bash site a lot
    Stampedeboy: Your battery exploded? How did it do that and whats the story

harry697: I did not get a free pen with my spc lipo package haha! How do you get one?

Another great vote for SPC by the way!
    Agree with slowenufs sig wheres the new 4 tec?

RC Champion
    I am too a SPC customer for life! I just ran my 2s 8000 for the first time yesterday and was amazed when even after and hour and fifteen minutes of running, it still had 7.6 volts in it, when the resting voltage of a 2s LiPo is 7.4 volts. (7.4 volts is considered about half full, with about 6.2 volts being the cuttoff point) I may not have been running full throttle the whole time, but was for vast majority of it. I am still amazed by it. Amazing battery, I highly recommend it.
    "I told you a million times not to exaggerate!"

RC Qualifier
    I have also bought a 3s 5k from spc and was satisfied. I was about to buy a 2s from them when I saw the Neu 2s 5K (rated 25C), hard-cased for $65 shipped, a better deal.

RC poster
    I was looking into these lipo's as the price is good and I heard some good things. I am getting a vxl rustler prob in the next week or so.

This 1 looks interesting also
    http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=81
    sooo many different packs how to decide lol.

Is this the 1 buckeye got?
    http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=59
    Last edited by Spdfrk1990; 01-01-2009 at 09:50 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrazyBuckeye View Post
    Well I ordered my first LiPo last Thursday. I placed two identical orders, and I received and E-Mail from SPC 10 minutes later notifying me about the situation. SPC saved me from making an unwanted purchase and $60. I then got an E-Mail Friday that my order has been shipped out. I recieved my battery Monday, in only 3 business days of my order! Talk about fast shipping! When I first recieved the box, all I noticed was how well it was packaged. It came covered in tape, and full of bubble wrap inside. When I got it open, there was a sheet of paper with a Spec Point Concepts pen as a free gift. The paper just notified me of my order. The battery had a sheet of paper around it notifying me with the hazard of LiPo batteries, and how to charge them.

The first thing I noticed about the battery was how high of quality it looked and felt. It had one layer of red wrap around it, then another layer of thick plastic wrap, that made it look very glossy. Another thing I noticed was the weight savings. After I charged and balanced it (took about 45 minutes to balance with Blinky) I decided to play around withy it. It wasn't until the third charge that I tested it.

*Speed is with Rustler VXL with Geolandars, geared 31/83 with Garman E-Trek GPS to track speed.

*Price is before shipping (with Traxxas plug for SPC)

Specs:

.................SPC LiPo (2s 5000).........................Trinity EP 7 cell 4600

Speed:...........46.9 MPH............................................... .47.5 MPH

Runtime:.......39 Minutes........................................... . 26 Minutes

Weight:.........245 Grams............................................5 40 Grams

Price:...........$57.45........................... ..........................$55.99

First Impressions: SPC
    Great customer service, great detail and notification, and fast shipping, with great prices.

First Impressions: Battery
    Pack looks and feels like high quality, with excellent craftsmanship. The Pack has a ton of power, and it seems to never wear down. Appears to accelerate faster, and I can wheeie while all ready moving a good bit.

Final Thoughts: SPC
    SPC is going to be the place for me to go when I need another battery. They have great prices, great service, fast shipping time, and awesome products.

Final Thought: Battery
    While the battery may be a tad bit slower, it out performs the 7 cell. It has power all the way to the end, power does not drop when you floor your vehicle, and I can pop wheelies from over 75% throttle. (NiMh about 20%) The pack has about 1/2 more runtime, and weighs over 50% less. If you haven't been able to choose a LiPo, I HIGHLY recommend this SPC Pack. It will not disappoint you at all

*****/*****
    (Five out of Five Stars)
    do you still recommend it

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by lawkmlaw View Post
    do you still recommend it
    Last post before yours was in 2009.
    SPC is not longer making batteries. You may want to look in to SMC batteries now.
    RusterXL5's X3,Nitro4Tec X 2,Alias"Snap On"Edition