RC Qualifier

Wiring assistance

I need some assistance building a series charging harness for my v-balancer charge through balance module.

Currently how its used:

How I'd like to charge them:

The harness I plan to modify:

The wiring:

From the pictures you can see that the harness I'll be modifying is slightly different from the wiring diagram. I imagine it has just eliminated the 6th pin.

would I need to splice pin3 into the black wire that joins the two packs in series?

Thanks in advance for any help

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice idea. I just charge them one after the other which can take almost two hours. If you don't get an answer ask here and lets us know. I'll do the same thing.
    Last edited by mkrusedc; 10-18-2008 at 07:03 PM.
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by HighKalibre
    would I need to splice pin3 into the black wire that joins the two packs in series?
    You are on the right track, and yes that middle pin will be connected to that middle "series connector" wire. All the wires should be in order... by which I mean if you look at the connector pins in order they will go up in voltage by one cell between each pin.

If you look at this picture:

I know it is not the same set up as it is created for balance plugs, but look at the wires on the white Y-cable: effectively there is one connected at the join between each cell.

There is also a dynamic wiring generator on Brian G's page - scroll down the page
    http://www.scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_lipo.html
    Time is an illusion, "9am sharp" doubly so.