Thread: Liquid mask

RC Enthusiast

Question Liquid mask

Hi all. I've just ordered some liquid mask as I'm spraying up a clear erevo body. Sprayed loads of bodies and got quite good at it (well I think so). Never used liquid mask before, always used tape. Anyway. I've got some killer body mask coming and wondered if anyone else has used it and what's the life span of it once it's sprayed on? Will I need to complete the spray job that day or will it last? I've an old air brush but think I might treat myself to a new one, Possibly with a gravity fed bowl on top. Anyone got any thoughts?
    Going gun metal and light gun metal with metallic blue and red highlights to match you links, wheel hubs etc. . .

RC Racer
    I just painted a clear Revo body, solid fluorescent yellow. I was thinking about a mask multi color but that Revo body had too many peaks and valleys on it. Will go with a Red Bull decal scheme. Looks good solid. I'm not sure about the time frame for the masking life but good luck with it and send some pics when you finish.

RC Enthusiast
    Just finished spraying. Used the liquid mask. Very pleased with the result. I'll post it in the gallery page.
    Brushed the mask on. Was very thick and wouldn't go through the air brush but worked great! Easy to pick out the flowing lines. See what you think. . .