Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    13

    Question Strange problem with rear end

    My E-Revo made a nice cartwheel while out bashing this morning, and afterward I noticed that the rear wheels seemed to be at a toe-OUT of 5-10 degrees. Before the crash they were at the stock setting.

    I thought I may have broken an arm or something, but when I took it inside I found that nothing appears to be bent or broken. The arms seem to be in their original positions, but the axle carriers are angled outward as if the toe links had been shortened.



    It isn't obvious in the picture, but one of the drive shaft boots is torn. It wasn't like that before this morning's run, but I don't know if that happened during the crash or not.

    What happened? How can I get my wheels back to their original toe-in?

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lincolnton, NC
    Posts
    250

    Mr

    Quote Originally Posted by celerystick009 View Post
    My E-Revo made a nice cartwheel while out bashing this morning, and afterward I noticed that the rear wheels seemed to be at a toe-OUT of 5-10 degrees. Before the crash they were at the stock setting.

    I thought I may have broken an arm or something, but when I took it inside I found that nothing appears to be bent or broken. The arms seem to be in their original positions, but the axle carriers are angled outward as if the toe links had been shortened.



    It isn't obvious in the picture, but one of the drive shaft boots is torn. It wasn't like that before this morning's run, but I don't know if that happened during the crash or not.

    What happened? How can I get my wheels back to their original toe-in?
    Looks like while cartwheeling, the rod ends on the rear turnbuckle were forced all the way on, destroying the plastic threads. Replace with upgraded turnbuckles or get the LONG rod ends.
    1997 White Mustang Cobra its not a RC!

  3. #3
    RC poster
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    13
    That being the case, I think I'll just turn the adjuster back to its original position and hope it holds. Before the crash I already had a True Track in the mail, so I'll just wait for that to show up.

  4. #4
    RC Racer C0BRAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by celerystick009 View Post
    That being the case, I think I'll just turn the adjuster back to its original position and hope it holds. Before the crash I already had a True Track in the mail, so I'll just wait for that to show up.
    I've had the same problem. They might "walk" on you. Once that happened to mine, the turnbuckles would adjust themselves out while driving, constantly throwing my toe out of whack. A set of rod ends are cheap so it definitely doesn't hurt to have some extras on hand. Cheap easy fix.
    Happy Motoring!

  5. #5
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Val-d'Or, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    85
    That, or if you have some extra pesos, get the RPM True Track and never talk about this.

    Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    RC Racer Frontline1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by lgarceau View Post
    That, or if you have some extra pesos, get the RPM True Track and never talk about this.

    Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
    +1 on the Rpm true track! Works great

  7. #7
    RC poster
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontline1985 View Post
    +1 on the Rpm true track! Works great
    It's in the mail. Looking forward to installing it.

  8. #8
    RC Racer Frontline1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by celerystick009 View Post
    It's in the mail. Looking forward to installing it.
    A lot of people say they had problems with threading but luckily I didn't. Just take it slow with a little force and the threads should start no problem.

  9. #9
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Val-d'Or, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    85
    Yeah I did have this problem watch out there is another thread about this you should find it in the first page

    Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    13
    Thanks! I've read that thread. I'll definitely be careful of that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •