Thread: New 775 motors

New 775 motors

I know, not the right time, but I wonder how the 775 motors would do in a stock e-revo if you did not want to go brushless. Better than Kershaw's motors?

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Qualifier
    My thoughts also. I know one would probably work fine but what about 2, that is the question...
    If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    two 775's probably wont fit. they are probaby similar to the kershaw 700-ho.
    be nice.

RC Racer
    You will require the Kershaw designs 700Ho motor mount for the Erevo or Emaxx 3905 tranny to mount a pair of 775 motors. Easy peasy...
    I am SuicideNeil, please dont shoot.

RC Champion
    How about a Single 755 in a E-Revo like the Summit? Too slow? Or same as stock?
    E-Revo - Single 700-HO - SPC 2s 8K LiPo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm hoping the "new" 775 is similar to the kershaw 700-HO in durability. If so, then its performance will be better than the stock dual titan set-up. Maybe Traxxas will start to sell the e-revo 775 instead of the dual titans.
    be nice.

RC Racer
    Single 775 will be equal to a single 700HO pretty much (cant speak for durability though), which in itself is almost equal to a pair of 550 titans. Take your pick basically.

Would be nice to see the erevo with a single 775- sure it will become a popular upgrade though; I can see the 'what do I do with the unused red and black motor wires?' threads already....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude
    Single 775 will be equal to a single 700HO pretty much (cant speak for durability though), which in itself is almost equal to a pair of 550 titans. Take your pick basically.

Would be nice to see the erevo with a single 775- sure it will become a popular upgrade though; I can see the 'what do I do with the unused red and black motor wires?' threads already....
    Leave them hangin' Don't need them. I would Zip-Tie them .
    E-Revo - Single 700-HO - SPC 2s 8K LiPo

RC Racer
    cut 'em

RC Racer
    Neither. You cover the tips with tape or heatshrink tubing, then bundle them up & out the way, otherwise they tend to get chewed up by the spur or tangled around other stuff. Dint cut them off, as that voids the warrenty. Dont leave em hangin, as thats untidy and looks hack.

RC Competitor
    From the looks of the motor, and a few videos I saw, it appeared that the motor had two set of leads on it so they both can plug into the ESC, but the videos I saw were hard to tell.

RC Qualifier
    The Mabuchi 775 is roughly equivalent to the Kershaw 700 at about 200 Watts. The 700HO is 316 Watts from KD Motor Comparison table.

The Mabuchi (from banebot) 775 will fit in the rear motor mount if the end bell hole is larger since that mount has 29 mm holes. The Traxxas 775 would probably fit with no modification, since the end bell looks smaller.

The front motor mount doesn't have 29mm holes and the motor won't fit inside the end bell hole.

Hopefully in a few weeks, I'll share some photos of the modifications necessary to fit the Mabuchi 775 into the stock e-revo motor mounts. (Have to wait to the end of racing season mid-November).