RC Competitor

Kb45 8xl + Mm Esc?

Anybody see a problem with a running a mm ESC + KB45 8XL on 4s lipos?
    - - - - - - -
    E-Revo
    Rustler VXL
    Revo 2.5

nope. havent seen one ran yet

RC Racer
    The kb45s are amp hungry motors, and the 1600kv option really requires higher voltages like 6s lipo, so no good with the MM.

You would be better off with either the smaller 10L option & 4s, or using a higher voltage and amp esc, like the MMM etc.
    I am SuicideNeil, please dont shoot.

RC Qualifier
    It would probably work, but you wont get much speed out of it. Too low of an rpm/v for 4s application. The kb motors are very hungry motors and need a big speed control. That being said this setup would work if you didnt gear up too much. Gear up and the MM will shut down and you might burn it out.

RC Qualifier
    check out this thread:

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...highlight=kb45

some useful info and pictures.

RC Racer
    Well I beg to differ .........................I am running a KB45(1600kv) on a mamba max ( my MMM is being "repaired") on 2 X 2s reedy packs(14.8v)with a rx batt and the red wire on the esc dissconnected using a 25t pinion and a 54t spur in my E-revo. My motor temps have never gotten over 120 and the esc never gets over 110( I installed a fan but no need to run it ) and the battires 100 or less. Iv'e done many speed runs and ran it on my local track for several packs and never had any issues.Its faster than my HV 6.5 was and the temps are ALOT cooler http://www.bloomfieldrc.com/

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1truckerdan
    I am running a KB45(1600kv) on a mamba max ( my MMM is being "repaired") on 2 X 2s reedy packs(14.8v)with a rx batt and the red wire on the esc dissconnected using a 25t pinion and a 54t spur in my E-revo. My motor temps have never gotten over 120 and the esc never gets over 110( I installed a fan but no need to run it ) and the battires 100 or less. Iv'e done many speed runs and ran it on my local track for several packs and never had any issues.Its faster than my HV 6.5 was and the temps are ALOT cooler
    Sounds like you've found the perfect combination!

Could you please provide a photo of your set-up?

It would be helpful to see how to power the rx and disconnect the ESC red wire and how your batteries are connected.

Thanks for sharing.

RC Qualifier
    Looks like Dan is doing it just fine. Do you have the L or XL motor? The XL motors are very amp hungry, but ya if you are looking for speeds better than the novak system you would probably be ok. I guess when I say you wont get much speed out of it, I'm thinking 50mph range, but ya 35 or a bit beyond should be dooable.

RC Racer
    Its the KB 45 8XL 1600kv.https://www.*********.com/*********/...idProduct=4937 It runs faster than my HV 6.5 did(same E-revo). On 6s I was doing back-flips on the small jumps at my track(with my MMM)
    Last edited by 1truckerdan; 10-16-2008 at 07:26 AM.