I read a bit ....
sorry about very beginner questions......thanks a lot in advance
1 ) what do you think to buy a stock one + ( 4 ) 4600mah 8.4v ? Are they really better than 7.2 ?
2) about Titans stock engines , which is in your opinion the best choice among the three models of Kershaw considering the balance between money-performance-weight ?
3 ) is it worth a budget brushless alternative ( twin BL engines right ? ) or it is better larger brushed Kershaw motors ? If going brushless is it mandatory to take two twin brushless or there could be a single BL motor solution ? If yes which is a good one without spending to much ? I'm also reading #15 O'neil FAQs
4 ) starting with Titans which are in you experience main problems to face ?
5 ) stock engines and 7.2 or 8.4 , can I reach at least 25-30 mph ?
6 ) Considering Nimh batteries of around 4500-4600mah , how long they last before ending the fan ?
Thanks alot, I'll keep on reading but your suggestions are definitely gold ounces :-)
Last edited by Emmeth; 10-14-2008 at 05:53 AM.
1) You gain about 4-5 MPH with the 8.4v's (Go to cheapbatterypacks.com and get 4 5000mah 8.4v's for $50 each.
2) Single 700-HO (Fits in stock mount)
3) Brushless all the way! Wait for the MMM V3 and get that with a Neu Motor or get the Novak 6.5 HV Pro
4) Main problem is they suck and don't last too long.
5) You can reach about 28-29 with stock titans with TWO 8.4v's.
6) About 15 or so minutes.
E-Revo - Single 700-HO - SPC 2s 8K LiPo
Originally Posted by DiFabio42
What is an MMM V3 ?
Beside low speed ( almost 30 mph you told right ? ) which are the problems of stock motors ? 8.4v could subito fry them all ?
Do you know if cheapbatteriespack ships to Europe ?
Beeing not a mothertongue I apologize for my bad english..
Thanks a lot man !
1) if im right the mmm v3 is the 3rd verson of the mamba max monster edition i may be totally wrong but i dunnoOriginally Posted by Emmeth
2) they aye commonly called a "tin can" motor which means it is verry had to clean them so they will get dirtyer and break easyer
3) they do ship to europe it is about 20 dollars more tho
Last edited by phoneix-rising; 10-14-2008 at 06:54 AM.
There must be possible to produce a kind of filter to cover them without compromising the cooling......which is the common practice in these case ?Originally Posted by phoneix-rising
Its not common to make a filter for these kind of motors, since they only last for about 50 runs or so at best, its not worth the effort. Blasting some compressed air and motor cleaning spray through the motor will keep them running smoothly.
As for the MMM: http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...a_monster.html
I am SuicideNeil, please dont shoot.
outerwears yes thats it they sell everything from prefilters to pull starter covers and they do have motor covers for the e-maxxOriginally Posted by Emmeth
linky! http://outerwears.com/categories.asp?cat=11441 its hidden in there somewhere
and here it is http://outerwears.com/proddetail.asp...2450&cat=11441
Last edited by phoneix-rising; 10-15-2008 at 07:02 AM.