RC Champion

New Body...Oakland Raider E-Revo

Hey guys! I thought I would show you some pics of the new body I did, along with some new wheels that I got off the bay. Here are some details of what it is:

Traxxas E-Revo, KD Revolver 650 motors, TMaxx 3.3 wheels and tires, Traxxas Tubes pushrods, orange springs front & gold rear, TrueRC 2s2p 8000 Lipos, ProtoForm HardDrive Revo 3.3 body, and other goodies!

Let me know what you all think! Painting a new body is always fun, and takes plenty of time, but then it is even more fun to go out and bash the heck out of it! Thanks for looking!
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Qualifier
    that looks sweet!!! i want a patritos body but i know theres not any out there and i sures **** cant paint one lol. But yea that looks really good. you should post some pics with the hood off. nice work
    E-revo for sale. PM me for more info.

That has got to be the ugliest body I ever saw.Lots of love from the heart of Raider hater country,KC. The body style,however looks pretty cool.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Racer
    Looks really nice but im not one to mix rc and football.Maybe do a baja monster energy set up or something.Pats all the way im from Boston!!!

NICE paint job!! don't care for the Raiders, but EXCELLENT work!!!!
    I race Associated, I bash Traxxas. 28 years in RC

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    hey nice body. and another oakland fan right here.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Racer
    I bet that car goes faster than the whole team combined. It should definitly win more than the team. LOL

RC Champion
    Thanks for the comments all! Well, all except the Raider haters! LOL! I know, they really suck right now, but at least I am not a front-runner! asheck, I figured you would post about your Chiefs...they really aren't much better! Ha!

For shmate....nothing really that exciting under the body, with gear cover off, as I was changing and thread-locking the pinions:

As far as RC and football not going together, my thought was that since Darren McFadden is #20, the E-Revo fits his style....big, fast, strong, and tough! I also have an OSU Beavers Ford Bronco body from my old EMaxx too! I just like themed bodies for some reason, I guess.

RC Qualifier
    how do you take the shocks apart? i got my badhorsie shock socks in today but i cant figure out how to get the shocks apart =/. And you painted both of those bodies right?

I figured you would post about your Chiefs...they really aren't much better! Ha!
    " I figured you would post about your ******...they really aren't much better! Ha! " SHHH,we don't say that word around these parts these days
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmate
    how do you take the shocks apart? i got my badhorsie shock socks in today but i cant figure out how to get the shocks apart =/. And you painted both of those bodies right?
    Very simple really. Unscrew at the rocker end, and then also at the mount end, and they come right out. There is a spring collar at one end and you just compress the spring enough to slide the collar off and the spring will come right off. Follow the instructions on the Bad Horsie website to install, and then reverse the shock removal process.

Yeah, I hear you asheck....at least you have a coach for what looks to be the entire season! We just fired the best coach we have had in the last 10 years! Sad really, both our teams were the cream of the crop in the AFC not long ago, now we roll at the bottom of the pack!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    been an oakland fan for quite some time. several of my teams have won championships or are making a strong push. but no matter if they win or los ether eis only one way for them to lose me as a fan. and that is if a team folds.

RC Qualifier
    L ik how to get the shock off the truck, just not the shock itself to put the sock on.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmate
    no i have the shock off the truck, easy L. But to put the sock on you have to take the shock apart and put the shock on that spring. idk how to get the shock apart to get the spring by itself. Thanks

Look at the piece with the red arrow. there is a slot in it that the shock piston can slide through.

If you have any preload on the spring, get rid of it.
    Grab the piece that the blue arrow is pointing at and hold it tight. Then, with the other hand, grab the piece that the red arrow is pointing at and push it away from the (blue arrow) other piece. This will force you to compress the spring.when red piece is past blue one, slide the shock shaft through the piece.
    Last edited by HoovHartid; 10-05-2008 at 06:32 PM.
    be nice.

RC Racer
    Look at the bright side.As for the Raisers sake u can always say your taking one for the team...LOL

RC Racer
    I'm not a Raiders fan, but I like it. Nice job! Silver and black always looks good on a truck!
    ERBE, Pede VXL, Rusty VXL

RC Qualifier
    Nice, McFadden's number too...good job. Oh yea, he's a local!

RC Qualifier
    You should get another body and paint it black with a silver stripe. That way you have home and away bodies.

Sorry, but I have to do this:

So if I were to get an E-Revo and paint a body in a Tampa Bay Buccaneers theme, it'd be better than yours? Like I said mate, I just had to tease you with that, all in good fun bud! Doesn't take away from the fact you've got a good looking truck.
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SavagePede
    You should get another body and paint it black with a silver stripe. That way you have home and away bodies.

Sorry, but I have to do this:

So if I were to get an E-Revo and paint a body in a Tampa Bay Buccaneers theme, it'd be better than yours? Like I said mate, I just had to tease you with that, all in good fun bud! Doesn't take away from the fact you've got a good looking truck.
    Ouch! But yes, it would be better, only if Gruden is driving! I do like the home and away body idea! Hmmmm.....

Thanks for the comments guys! It is always fun doing up a new body. Hopefully I'll get to trash on it a bit if the weather holds. I really hate this time of year! I know the E can get wet, but with my Lipos, and the clean up involved, I prefer it to be dry. Some say weak, but that is what I like. I don't mind the dirt, just not mud!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    oh come on chachi. you mean to tell me you dont want this to happen:

that was done literally minutes after i got the truck.

RC Champion
    Yeah 69, I was actually thinking of that very picture when I made that comment. No, I don't want it like that. Like I said, I don't mind the dirt, just not the mud. Too much clean up time after running! I will say that is one nice pic though! It looks pretty sweet all mudded up like that! You put your rigs through the paces that is for sure! I still remember the dumpster incident! LOL!