RC Qualifier

One Glitch Solved!!!

I'm not sure if this has been covered yet but my electronics are glitching. I started with a spektrum radio, stock slash servo, and vxl system. Everything worked fine with this set up. then i got my hands on a new sidewinder esc. i wired it up and now my truck glitches. as i try to drive it would completely stop working... no steering... no throttle.

i didnt have my vxl with me so i slapped in my xl-5 and everything worked fine... so i thought it was my new sidewinder esc. i decided to do more trouble shooting and read the castle creation's "driver's ed guide."

so i tracked it down to the servo . with the spektrum, sidewinder esc, 2s lipo, and traxxas 3500 motor, and using the traxxas 2075 servo the spektrum receiver will turn off (the green LED will turn off) i'm not sure why but it would just shut down for about two seconds. i decided to plug in my futaba coreless servo and everything worked fine and used it for the rest of the day with no problems.

So if you’re using a spektrum radio and sidewinder and have problems try changing out the servo.
    .___/ ```i____"""""""ex racer
    [_^______ ^ _]Now RCdrifter & Revo
    .( o )____( o )___Backyard basher

RC Enthusiast
    I just finished going though the same issue - Installed the sidewinder esc and 5700 motor, programmed the esc and tried it out in my basement - shut down for no reason, installed my other spectrum receiver and the stock one with the same results - robbed a 645mg from my savage for the steering and everything is dandy now.

RC Qualifier
    well i thought it was just my servo but i guess it's traxxas's 2070

RC Enthusiast
    I drove mine through some pretty deep muddly water the week before so I had chalked it up to that causing a short in the servo.
    I finally figured out it was the servo by holding the back end off the ground with my foot and lightly accelerating, as soon as i began to move the steering left and right it cut out.

RC Champion
    with the spektrum, sidewinder esc, 2s lipo, and traxxas 3500 motor
    Your car is far from a purebred. lol.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dude
    Your car is far from a purebred. lol.
    yeah its a mutt...

RC poster
    mine seems to glitch with a losi tx and rx setup. Everything else is stock. It runs fine... the range is fine, steering is fine, but let it sit idle for a little bit and it goes ..."grrr" and moves about half an inch forward. Its just a tiny twitch I run it anyway. I even raced it that way a couple weeks back. By the way I stink on ice, I came in dead last every heat Mind you though it was my first race and my first time on a "track" its been all backyard and parking lots till then.