RC Racer

5 Slashes ,one address, with pics

A couple of weeks ago , I picked up a few Slashes for me and my kids. We went to a private offroad track , and had a ball !! We are going tomorrow as well.

These 4 all have JR Spectrum radios, Novak 17.5 Brushless systems , and 9000T and 9000S servos , DuraTrax 4600 6 cell pack , and geared around 19 pinion with an 86 spur. With this setup , they run a lot longer than stock about 20 minutes , motor and SC barely even warm, with about the same top speed, but acceleration is slightly stronger.

Last week we all had the stock stuff, it was hard for us to tell who was who.

RC Champion
    So. Many. Slashes.
    Dontworry,thelightathendofthetunnelisatrain!

RC Qualifier
    WOW! you my friend are one lucky person!
    Rustler VXL, all FLM and RPM!

I bet you guys will have fun at the track tomorrow! That is definitely a nice collection of Slash trucks that you have there. How do those Novak BL systems compare in performance to the factory setup?
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Racer
    In the last pic there are 5 slashes but in the rest there are 4. Anyone else notice that. Anyway your lucky to have that meany slashes.
    Rustle & PEDE VXL
    E-MAXX 3906 AND 3905
    E-REVO

RC Champion
    Wow, if you have storage issues with those, just PM, I will take care of it for you.....

^^^^ The 5th one is AMZ's.
    "I told you a million times not to exaggerate!"

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    anyone else notice that with the other bodies all but one has the windshield cut out and the side windows also? and silver which one is the fifth one?
    Last edited by 69Malibu; 09-27-2008 at 09:01 PM.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Malibu
    anyone else notice that with the other bodies all but one has the windshield cut out and the side windows also? and silver which one is the fifth one?
    I have no way of knowing which one is his, except that it would be the fifth one. (It comes after four. )
    "I told you a million times not to exaggerate!"

RC Champion
    Lucckkkyyyyyyy
    BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

RC Champion
    Lucky! Someone hit the Lottery! Dang man! Nice!
    E-Revo - Single 700-HO - SPC 2s 8K LiPo

RC Champion
    i see, 1+1+1+1+1=5 slashes!!! LOL

i c 5
    ☻/ |
    /▌ |
    / \ |

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool
    I bet you guys will have fun at the track tomorrow! That is definitely a nice collection of Slash trucks that you have there. How do those Novak BL systems compare in performance to the factory setup?
    The Novak GTB is a big fat bucket of win ! The throttle response is linear and the brakes are superb. There is no 'cogging' delay in the sensored Novaks.
    Cogging is common in other brushless systems I have had,Tekin and Traxxas both cog on me.

I set them up with 100% throttle, 100 % brakes and 50% reverse. If need be , I can dial out the EPA on the transmitter , to limit the top speed , in 1% increments. That is very handy when dealing with young guns. I will also cut into the exponential for a very dry track, almost like using an electronic slipper clutch.

To answer your question , the Novak GTB with a 17.5 motor is the perfect set up for these trucks. Comparing it to the factory set up is like comparing a Motorola Razor phone , to those big gray shoebox phones from old MiamiVice episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by 69Malibu
    The fifth one is still bone stock , and hardly worth your banwidth. I think we all know what they look like.

No windsheilds have been harmed in the production of this fun.

None have been cut out.

The fifth one is for whatever poor soul is without a Slash , an extra for backup, or a friend. Its always nice to have a spare.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-28-2008 at 07:32 AM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Man, dude. You're out of control!

RC Qualifier
    Its cool to see it as a family activity you all can enjoy.
    RadioControlDecals.com
    Custom Name Decals & More

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by AMZ
    The fifth one is still bone stock , and hardly worth your banwidth. I think we all know what they look like.

No windsheilds have been harmed in the production of this fun.

None have been cut out.

The fifth one is for whatever poor soul is without a Slash , an extra for backup, or a friend. Its always nice to have a spare.
    You could adopt me! I'll run the extra Slash for you.

RC Racer
    Great a family that races together, spend alot of money together.. Love it I got my grankids out there bashing with me on weekends...
    HR

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ

To answer your question , the Novak GTB with a 17.5 motor is the perfect set up for these trucks. Comparing it to the factory set up is like comparing a Motorola Razor phone , to those big gray shoebox phones from old MiamiVice episodes.
    I like the Miami Vice comparison. Great show...

I am still wondering about the difference in speed comparing the 17.5 Novak to the Titan. I got my first brushless system in Jan. of 2004 (a Novak SS5800... comparable to the 8.5), so I understand the benefits. I'm just curious about the performance with that high turn BL motor.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-28-2008 at 08:09 PM.

RC Racer
    They performed perfectly today.
    With the same speed as the stock setup, just more finely tuned.

The brushless motors ran alot longer, and stayed cooler.

We are trying to keep things somewhat slow, its more fun for everyone, and you get to really drive the truck. Seeing the suspension working is cool.

When we are keeping the throttle planted throughout most of the track , it really makes steering all important.

Also , we ran about 5 battery pack each person, with 6 Slashes going all day we only broke ONE part, a plastic axle carrier ,repaired in 3 minutes.

We all had fun, the trucks ran great , the track was perfectly soaked after 2 days of rain,my feet stink, my back hurts, Mad Men is on , I am going to wash and go to bed.

It sounds as though you guys had a great time! Thanks for the speed comparison on the 17.5 setup. I am contemplating buying another BL system down the road, so I was curious about that one. With the great luck I have had with my Novak system, I think I will be sticking with them- I have always been a fan of Novak electronics.