RC Enthusiast

here is my build im using a aquacraft 1800kv motor : http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMYF2&P=ML
    aquacraft 45amp esc: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMYB8&P=M and a graupner jet drive GR2344 http://www.hobby-lobby.com/jetdrives.htm the seccond one down.
    first i cut the hull to fit the jet:

i just placed the jet in and tacked it in place with hot glue. man that works great. so far.. then i needed to fill the gap in the transom. so i took a piece of paper first and started drawing and cutting. here is my template.

so i cut it all out and tried it for fit. before cutting the lexan to put in place

after some trimming , i cut out the lexan. very easy to work with for sure. 1/16 inch thick.

paper and lexan

peeling plastic coating off lexan.

fit lexan into place and hot glued it in place

here you can see i havent yet cut all my hull down the center yet, i only cut it a bit ,just passed the jet . i heated the hull with a heatgun and bent it to the jet level. just about 1 inch.

continued to fill gaps with hot glue. you can see here i used the stock villain ex steering arm boot for my jet steering. worked great.

this is the immage of my intake after sanding it down to make the outdrive shoot straight out, instead of down, which will happen if you just install the jet with no modification

you can see the flex coupler from graupner 4-5mm. i used loads of hot glue. on my motor mount, and my battery trays. with velcro circles on them. to bad the batteries need to be on the stock position, i found today, haha. as for mounting my steering servo i used a small piece of plastic and mounted it up high

i guess thats it. . running on 14.8v lipo.
    all i need now is to try to get this nutty jet boat to stay in the water a bit. im going to try the extended jet plate soon. will update when this is done. im very happy with my build,Rick aka Bigbird
    i almost forgot, im going to be building a cage arround the jet, coming soon!!!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-27-2008 at 06:10 AM. Reason: merge
    if it doesn't melt,its not fast enough!!

I have seen that done before with the Nitro Vee. From the videos, it definitely looks like it moves along pretty quickly! The second video with the jump was cool.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    That looks pretty cool, i asume those videos were with the jet. Do you like the jet better instead of props? Also i would like to see a picture of the whole inside of the boat.
    I need a new signature...

That is awesome! how fast do you think it goes?
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Enthusiast
    im getting my boat painted right now, so i cant gps it, but with all my gpsing my boats i would guess its approx 25 mph. and i will get some more pics this weekend of the rest of the boat. as for liking the jet, i have had over 20 boats and different setups, i do have faster boats, but my JET VILLAIN is the most fun by far. as you can see it turns on a dime and has insane g force on accell. hits top speed in less than 5 sec. oh yea, jumps are cool , no props to get in the way.

RC Champion
    bashing a boat! lol
    ☻/ |
    /▌ |
    / \ |

RC Enthusiast

RC Qualifier
    Is that plate just to protect the jet when you jump?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cones
    Is that plate just to protect the jet when you jump?
    yea it does that as well as keep the boat from hopping, the vids i posted(not including the jumping one) i did not have the plate on. rides smooth now.

RC Qualifier
    Would you recommend to change to a jet from props and witch one do you like better?

From what I have seen of these jet powered boats, it would b good if you like doing that sort of work/modification. However, it doesn't appear to be a very practical modification due to all of the work involved. Personally, I love the dual surface piercing props, and I wouldn't want to do away with them for any other setup.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cones
    Would you recommend to change to a jet from props and witch one do you like better?
    like cool said, its a bit of work, and there are costs involved. i did a jet mod cause i have had a few villains, and i still have my "old reliable" stock out of the box villain ex. never brakes, always ready to go, great boat recovery machine and runs flawless in rough water.. hasnt let me down yet. of course there is always tweeking and replacing worn parts. but then there is always "BUT" the jet villain is a blast. as you see in the video. shallow water is easy to run in. creeks and shallow rivers are no problem, bouncing off rocks. etc.... i guess it depends where you live and what you want to do, time etc... i have 8 boats right now. inc 2 villains. so its really what you prefer. instant plane is cool and turns on a dime with the jet. so you decide

RC Champion
    Sandy, Utah you can find me at the construction bash site a lot
    If you keep it in the water Ill bet you could go 40 maybe some higher pitched props?
    Agree with slowenufs sig wheres the new 4 tec?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jatodood
    If you keep it in the water Ill bet you could go 40 maybe some higher pitched props?
    its a jet drive. no props. just an impeller.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That thing is sweet man!
    An injured friend is the bitterest of foes

RC Champion
    cool that thing is sweet

RC Champion
    Big bird.... Very nice boat, give you props for attempting. I have considered buying one of those for a long time now. But i was wanting to somehow use nitro instead. From your experience with this pump do think it would be possible to even hook a nitro motor up to it at all?

thanks,
    keith