RC poster

New E_Revo owner help

Hello all, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a new 1/10 scale brushed e-revo. Have few questions about some upgrades for it. Most of my running will be on off road courses, local motocross tracks and back yard bashing.

First off.... Ive done some research on the long arm kit that comes with the truck. Is this kit good to install for backyard bashing and for big jumping? Because I have read ups and downs about it being good/bad for backyard bashing. Also with that kit I plan on installing sway bar links, any opinions on that?

Second off.... I would like to upgrade the axle shafts, does anybody have any good suggestions? Or are the stock ones pretty durable? Also is there anything else I need to upgrade Driveline wise?

Thank you in advance. Also I have done research on everything ive asked about. Im more looking for replys from people who have experience usingthis stuff I have asked about.. Thanks again

With the brushed revo, your probably just fine with the entire driveline. Running 2x3S brushless is hard on things. I run 2x2S brushless.

I've never tried the LT setup. I have 2 nitro revo's as well and I like the P2 rockers/rods with RPM true-track on the rear and RPM arms/carriers on the front. Have to make sure to mount the pushrods in the middle hole on the arm or they will over extend and the RPM carriers tend to pull the pillow ball through.

I'm currently running on my ERBE:
    P2 rockers/rods
    TiNi shocks with variable rate pistons #3
    Trinity 60 weight in all 4 shocks
    Blue springs rear, silver springs front
    RPM arms/carriers in the front
    RPM True-Track arms/carriers in the rear
    Pushrods in the middle hole on front and rear

So far, that gives me the best handling that isn't so stiff that it bounces over terrain, but has enough cushion to handle a 4 foot drop without bottoming out too hard. Going much stiffer breaks rockers and shock ends. Running this setup though, I do need to keep an eye on rod end and shock end slop and swap them out when it gets too bad to avoid one snapping off on me.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Racer
    MIP axles, RPM A arms, Hot Racing f/r hubs, Castle 1515 w/Castle MMX ESC. And HPI 1/8 shocks. Run 6s just for the pure adrenaline rush.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sniper34 View Post
    MIP axles, RPM A arms, Hot Racing f/r hubs, Castle 1515 w/Castle MMX ESC. And HPI 1/8 shocks. Run 6s just for the pure adrenaline rush.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    HPI 1/8 shocks on what? A revo? What shocks fit?
    Expert rigging at it's best!