RC Qualifier

Building up a new brushed erevo

I am currently working on a daddy, daughter project in hopes of getting my Revo back from my daughter. She has taken a huge interest in running my car. So I have found a fairly inexpensive roller, that I plan on building up with her to run along side of me. Mine is brushless, that I put in training mode along with the nimh batteries for her to run it.

Since I skipped over the brushed version, and I am planning on doing hers as brushed for now, what gearing are run in them? What can the traxxas brushed esc handle battery wise? For right now I only want the car doing about 20mph, and a long run time.

I already have the steering servos, and receiver and radio, just need to get the esc and motors to get it moving.

Any other info would be appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    The brushed version run dual titan motors. If you are building up, go directly with brushless so you don't need to get a dual motor mount.

Unless you can find a brushed motor powerful enough to run a single brushed motor.

RC Qualifier
    I was hoping to try and keep cost down. However with a stock brushless set up, running the 18/54 gearing on 4s in training mode should get the 20 mph speed I am hoping to achieve for her, and it is how she is running it now.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, or slow it down even more with the 65T spur.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavi519 View Post
    I was hoping to try and keep cost down. However with a stock brushless set up, running the 18/54 gearing on 4s in training mode should get the 20 mph speed I am hoping to achieve for her, and it is how she is running it now.
    Go with a14t pinion 68t spur and then maybe you will find that you can run a single brushed motor. Use small wheels too. That will be the same as adding lower gearing.

If your brushless only does 20 mph with 18/54 I think something is not right with your truck. I am running 18/65 and it does 30-35mph easy!

Bearings and driveline bind can be a serious cause of reduced overall speed. The brushless motors need regular cleaning and maintenance as well.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MadOgre View Post
    Go with a14t pinion 68t spur and then maybe you will find that you can run a single brushed motor. Use small wheels too. That will be the same as adding lower gearing.

If your brushless only does 20 mph with 18/54 I think something is not right with your truck. I am running 18/65 and it does 30-35mph easy!

Bearings and driveline bind can be a serious cause of reduced overall speed. The brushless motors need regular cleaning and maintenance as well.
    My Brushless E-revo is running the traxxas telemetry set up along with the bluetooth module, this allows a little more turn down on the training mode. Instead of the usual 50% I can turn it further down, all the way down to 1% where the car will barely move. However I can turn it back up and slap a set of 6S batteries in it and get around 70 out of it. There are no issues with the car. It is just has been detuned for a novice driver.
    ERBE, big block MERV, Sl4sh